Splatterhouse $10.62/$10.68 360/PS3 @ amazon

From what I heard, one lightning deal had this game for $9.99 once from a couple of months back.
It's true that it hasn't been on a better price since then.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']From what I heard, one lightning deal had this game for $9.99 once from a couple of months back.
It's true that it hasn't been on a better price since then.[/QUOTE]

ya i think i remember the 9.99 too now that u mention it.. i was mostly referring to the most recent one where it was 12.99 or something like that. either way, great game for that price especially since it has the original games as well.

I must admit, I liked the new Splatterhouse. Although I remember playing the originals too, plus you can unlock the original games during your playthrough of this game. I just wish the originals were available on the XBLA.

The Namco store is also selling the game for $20 with the pre-order mask statue included free. Nostalgia is the big draw here I imagine, so the statue may be appealing to those tempted to pick this up. It's also available as a Gamestop powerup reward, though, for around 8000 points. Whether it's worth 10 bucks, I dunno, but just figured I'd mention it.

http://store.namcobandaigames.com/store/namcous/search?keywords=splatterhouse

EDIT: On second thought, it's only worthwhile if you can get around Namco's shipping... standard shipping came to something like 8 bucks on this. Kinda kills it. Truthfully I think I'm more interested in picking up the mask than the game myself. Some fond memories of Splatterhouse 2...

I've been curious about this game for long enough. I'm gonna try my luck with this and Deadly Premonition. We'll see if IGN was right about these two..

To offer a different opinion, I found this game dull as hell and quit about halfway through. I never played the originals and so didn't care much about those, but it's basically room after room of slugging things into pulp.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']To offer a different opinion, I found this game dull as hell and quit about halfway through. I never played the originals and so didn't care much about those, but it's basically room after room of slugging things into pulp.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...if that's the case, I'll use it as a rainy day trade in to Best Buy toward something else.

It's a fun game if you go into it knowing what to expect.It's mindless a beat em up,but it's just mindless fun with a B movie feel to it.The game really didn't deserve the reception it got.It's not a great game,but the critics made it seem like it was broken and unplayable.

That was the biggest problem with the game.The game did have a rocky development with Namco firing the original Developer and having to finish the game in-house.

Big fan of old school Splatterhouse but I think when I'm still on the fence about a $10 game, then it's probably not for me in the long run.

[quote name='wEEman33']Does this have all the old Splatterhouse games? Or is it just Splatterhouse 1?

How is the port quality?[/QUOTE]

Pretty good actually, it has all 3 games including the original, uncut arcade game. Its well worth the ten bucks for the old games alone.

The game is worth $10. If you like action/adventure games like God of War or DMC and have any love for the old Splatterhouse games, you'll have fun with it. Yes, there are some glitchy parts, and the 2D levels can sometimes get on your nerves, but overall it's a good game. The soundtrack is pretty kickass too if you like metal.

I tried to go back and play the old Splatterhouse games after beating it, but I couldn't play for more than 5 minutes. I think it's like fond memories of old 80s cartoons. The memory is better than the real thing.

bread's done
Back