Splatterhouse (360) $19.99 (PS3) $21.51 at Amazon

no, not too old, price has been coming down, but not at Amazon yet. seems pretty damn good, if only I knew which system it was better on..

I got this last week when it was $23 and it's just a crap game. Probably one of the worst games I've played in quite a while. I would like to unlock the old Splatterhouse games, but don't think I can force myself to finish this game to unlock them. Is there any other way to unlock them?

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I got this last week when it was $23 and it's just a crap game. Probably one of the worst games I've played in quite a while. I would like to unlock the old Splatterhouse games, but don't think I can force myself to finish this game to unlock them. Is there any other way to unlock them?[/QUOTE]

Crap game? Dunno what you didn't like about it @ 23 but I thought it was a great beat em up with an awesome soundtrack.

Well I love beat 'em ups, but this game is just poor, with long load times. Graphics are sub-par, it's ultra repetitive, with just a bunch of mashing the buttons as fast as you can. The cut-scene kills are stupid and there's only a few of them, so you see them over and over and over. The side scrolling parts of the game are far worse than the old school Splatterhouse games and really don't even fit in this game at all. Worst of all, the game just isn't any fun. I've had a ton more fun playing old schoolers like Cadillacs and Dinosaurs or Alien vs. Predator. If I had it to do over I wouldn't buy this at even 9.99.

[quote name='token2k6']no, not too old, price has been coming down, but not at Amazon yet. seems pretty damn good, if only I knew which system it was better on..[/QUOTE]

Its a piece of shit on any system. This is a 10 dollar game at best for when your really really bored.

And you are aware 98% of the time when people say a game is better one system than another its 100% false right? Fanboys are the ones who say a game is better on one than the other, its very rare there is a difference. Even when there is a difference its usually like if you drive a car at night while its raining and if you cut a tight corner and slide, if you freeze the trail from the tailights and zoom in 30x you will see a tiny amount of jaggies on one system than another.

The game is repetitive, same enemies over and over and over and boring as hell. Unlock the originals and have more fun. Not worth more than $10 IMO.

Very much enjoyed this one, despite the serious issues. I recommend it for that price.

Better than the old Splatterhouses it comes with, easily.

This game is worth $20 if you like the genre. It more than lives up to the predecessors, which are honestly pretty shite. The only reason they were/are popular was the gore factor, and this game takes basically the same approach.

Average game with an extremely over the top blood art style.

[quote name='Aziatic1']might pm at BB, Is this game hard?[/QUOTE]

what paradise island do you live on where BB will PM Amazon? I need to go there!

[quote name='blindinglights']Come on $12.99 from GameFly.[/QUOTE]
Breaking news: Used games are cheaper than new ones! Thanks brah! ;)

[quote name='token2k6']what paradise island do you live on where BB will PM Amazon? I need to go there![/QUOTE]
the BB in dover DE, they said they will pm whoever, i work there and it turns out that as long as it is a legit site they will pm

FYI this game is freaking god awful. Do NOT waste your time playing it. Combat=terrible, Controls=terrible, Story=go watch Trolls 2.

I think these days more often than not you'll get BB to PM Amazon, since they are getting their ass handed to them so regularly. I had a guy working there just the other day tell me that is the case.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. If you're easily pissed off by insta-death traps, then it's not for you.

The controls seriously aren't that bad at all, and the combat is better than in Dante's Inferno, though it doesn't reach the heights of Ninja Gaiden or Bayonetta.

You're going to have to repeat levels, and bosses because of the timing on quick time events, but if you don't suck too much, it's really not that bad.

Pick it up if you want a decent slasher with a shit ton of gore. Plus, the soundtrack is pretty sweet, and the banter from the mask is very amusing.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an old school Splatterhouse fan, I was really tempted but the comments in the thread had convinced me to wait it out. No need to rush it on this one.

Also, with regard to the different versions, I have heard that the 360 one is full of bugs and horrible load times. Anyone know if the PS3 one is better with any of that?

MjC

These people lie!

If you like games like god of war or dante's inferno, you'll dig splatterhouse. Hell, the original trilogy is worth more than $20. Also, I'd get the ps3 one for less glitches and a better dpad for the classic games.

Game was far more entertaining to me than dante's inferno. I got i for $30 a while back and washappy with it and you get the trilogy as well. Game gets too much flak for what its intending to accomplish which it does pretty well for the splatterhouse series.

[quote name='shadowkast']c'mon....some people like their games new:roll:[/QUOTE]

And most people don't care if they can save a bunch on used

Played this game for a couple at a buddies house, not too impressed but might pick it up at some point when it drops more.

[quote name='AugustAPC']I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. If you're easily pissed off by insta-death traps, then it's not for you.

The controls seriously aren't that bad at all, and the combat is better than in Dante's Inferno, though it doesn't reach the heights of Ninja Gaiden or Bayonetta.

You're going to have to repeat levels, and bosses because of the timing on quick time events, but if you don't suck too much, it's really not that bad.

Pick it up if you want a decent slasher with a shit ton of gore. Plus, the soundtrack is pretty sweet, and the banter from the mask is very amusing.[/QUOTE]

All of what he said +1. Just finished it and while the load times after you die are beyond bad; like 30+ seconds bad (and that's even AFTER i installed it on the 360), I still played it all the way through. Loved the gore and the music fit w/ the game.

Nice to play a silly gore-tastic beat 'em up once in awhile and take a break from all the 3rd person shooter clones running amuck.

I'd wait for $15 or so for most though. The emulations on the old games were not done very well btw.

[quote name='fujimitsu']This game is worth $20 if you like the genre. It more than lives up to the predecessors, which are honestly pretty shite. The only reason they were/are popular was the gore factor, and this game takes basically the same approach.

Average game with an extremely over the top blood art style.[/QUOTE]
Unfrotunately genre has nothing to do with it sometimes. I tried to like this game and I love pure action/slash/beat em ups, yet I could not play this game for more than a few hours before giving up. Its just not very good. But you are right, its still better than the old games. I dont know why someone would like the old games yet hate on this one. They are the same thing...poor button mashers.

Just goes to show your personal opinion is all that matters.

Splatterhouse's price has been dropping like sand in an hourglass for months. i'm curious to see how far it'll fall, but it doesn't matter now since i just bought it at $17 and change. i've been dying to get it since Happy Video Game Nerd's review, and i just bought an arcade stick and i'm looking for more arcade-style games to make use of it, so i'm very excited about this purchase. i'm prepared for possible disappointment, but i think i have a very good idea of what i'm getting into. odds are, i'm gonna have a strong opinion on the game one way or the other.

if you're not, as HVGN says, a gore hound, metal head, action gamer, or established Splatterhouse fan, you should probably keep waiting since the price will almost certainly continue to fall. i kinda wish i'd paid more myself in honor of the love or hatred i will eventually feel for Splatterhouse, but then i probably wouldn't be on CAG right now

Will have to alert my dad about this. Maybe I use my Amazon credit from Portal 2 and have him give me $20. He has been wanting to buy splatterhouse for some time now.

Yeah, I'm waiting for $10 or less, but the real reason I want to play the game is the brutal soundtrack!! +10 points for Mastodon and Lamb of God.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Will have to alert my dad about this. Maybe I use my Amazon credit from Portal 2 and have him give me $20. He has been wanting to buy splatterhouse for some time now.[/QUOTE]

Your dad is awesome. :applause:

It got down to like 16.71 sunday morning for 360 version, then I noticed a slick deals post and that evening it was 35. Now its down to 21 or so.

Yeah prices are all over the place. I ordered at $17ish for the 360. Hope you guys get your $15 or less sooner or later.

bread's done
Back