Splatterhouse PS3 $26/X360 $25 @ Amazon

Thanks Op. I'll have to think about getting this. I've been waiting so long that I think i might be able to wait a little longer.

*sigh*, just bought it used for 25.xx from Blockbuster, today.

Ain't it lovely how that just works out? Oh well, no big loss. Disc is in good condition.

I'll let you guys know what I think of it!

I really don't like this game. I'm playing it on easy and it's still a pain in the ass...also the checkpoints aren't very well laid out...oh yeah and it takes forever to load if not installed.

Will be available for sub $15 on gamefly sometime time this year. I heard from a few people that it is a dud. The only reason to play is for the original 3 games.

Thanks Op. Nice to know it is dropping, so I can keep a watch for when it is bargain priced.

I got the platinum, and the game wasnt very enjoyable. It was amazingly easy, gameplay was boring, too linear, story was worthless, etc. Wait a little longer and it will be 10

I loved it. It's a great sequel/reimagining for fans of the series. The story is interesting, the graphics and sound are phenomenal... It is a little buggy, the load times are horrible, and the pacing towards the end could be better. Still, if you're into Splatterhouse, you'll likely enjoy it.

[quote name='thegame85']I really don't like this game. I'm playing it on easy and it's still a pain in the ass...also the checkpoints aren't very well laid out...oh yeah and it takes forever to load if not installed.[/QUOTE]
Why would you not install it?

This game was awesome but to be honest, it kinda falls apart at the end (the last couple of levels feel rushed). I really hope they make a sequel, the guy who voices the Terror Mask has an amazing performance.

[quote name='eastx']I loved it. It's a great sequel/reimagining for fans of the series. The story is interesting, the graphics and sound are phenomenal... It is a little buggy, the load times are horrible, and the pacing towards the end could be better. Still, if you're into Splatterhouse, you'll likely enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I loved the originals and thought they did a good job with it. Yeah it can be cheap at times but play the old ones they were too. Also the load times do suck and it froze on me a few times but once I installed it I've had no problems with it and the loading times were much better.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']This game was awesome but to be honest, it kinda falls apart at the end (the last couple of levels feel rushed). [/QUOTE]

That's true - the last few levels really pile on the enemies instead of relying on interesting stage design. I'm sure they were rushing to meet their deadline by then.

We're lucky the game came out as well as it did considering that it switched developers mid-production.

Glad you enjoyed it too, Rust in Peace!

ya.. like most people i will probalby wait for it to be about 15 bucks or so. I havent heard too many good things about it

Im also not sure what version is best. I havent seen a good head 2 head out there for this

[quote name='youngavatar']it a bargin bin game $20 is asking to much for an average game.[/QUOTE]

Considering it includes all the old Splatterhouse games, especially the first one being arcade perfect, I'd say $20 is a bargain and you're being too cheap. Do you know how much people would pay for the Marty version lately?!

I may buy this at this price. I rented it a few months ago. aside from the load times, I didn't think it was that bad. But then again I am a huge fan of the original series so I might be a teensy bit lenient... :p

I may go PM this at Fry's but I wonder is there an install on the PS3 version to make the load times better? If so , I'll get it for PS3.

Get the game if you want the original Splatterhouse games. The main game is horrid and one of the worst games of 2010. Average visuals, mediocre combat, ludicrous loading times, poor levels especially the short side scrolling ones..etc. Its just opinion but I would not spend good money on this unless you are interested in the original Splatterhouse games which are just fine especially SH3.

ps3 had rough load times.
but what other game can you punch a mutant in the anus fatality.
also i loved tearing off enemies limbs/heads and attacking them with it, even picking up my own arm and beating the enemies with it.

oh and Cthulu! they sure shoehorned that mythos in this game, just for me ;)
i loved seeing the big devourer of worlds trapped in a fish tank!

A fun beat-em-up. I really enjoyed it. Had some issues though, needed a lot more polish. Minibosses needed work and last levels did not need to be MINIBOSS RUSH ALL DAY EVERY DAY

Still don't see the appeal of the original Splatterhouse games though. They were kinda garbage.

[quote name='RollingSkull']
Still don't see the appeal of the original Splatterhouse games though. They were kinda garbage.[/QUOTE]

Splatterhouse 3 was definitely not garbage. One of the best Genesis games IMO.

I don't know if Namco released an update for the PS3 version, but there is no install option for the PS3 version. If you have a 360, get it on that system.

[quote name='buckeyeboy69']Was this game any good?[/QUOTE]

No one expressed any opinions about the game in this thread before you asked that.

I thought it was an awesome game and a great reimagining of the series. Plus a great soundtrack to boot. I bought it new, and got the terror mask statue, then traded it out on goozex. Waiting to catch a good deal on it below 20 though to readd it to the collection.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Splatterhouse 3 was definitely not garbage. One of the best Genesis games IMO.[/QUOTE]

We'll need to agree to disagree.

bread's done
Back