Splatterhouse, PS3 or 360, $25.99 FSSS on Amazon.com

Jesus Christ this game is dropping fast.

It kinda falls apart at the end (the last couple of boss battles are obviously incomplete) and it's pretty easy overall. Regardless, I had a blast and it was one of my favorite games of the year. The guy who voiced the Terror Mask did an amazing job.

Not worth anything more than a rent unless you really like the Splatterhouse arcade games (which you might as well get as roms for emulator anyway)

I thought God of War was a braindead beat-em-up until I played this...

id be all over this but i put this on my xmass list so it may be coming from santa so i cant bite now but if its not under the tree then im:cry:

Shit!!! I really and trying my to not buy anymore games until dead space 2...but this is a good price for a newer game I've been wanting for almost a month. Even with my 30+ backlog :whistle2:#

Awesome, I just looked at this game on Amazon less than an hour ago and it was at $47. Definitely been keeping an eye on this one though, despite all the negativity I've seen it receive. I've got a little over $20 in credit, so I guess it's time to use it! Thanks OP! :D

I swear some folks are buying this only b/c of the nude shots of Jen you can find in it :)

The gameplay sort of sounds interesting but this isn't anywhere on my must-play list (and probably never will be).

Regardless of the reviews, the game looks like it can be some fun. I'm a sucker for gore, and this game delivers on that. I'm really considering this, but it looks like it's gonna sink like a rock :\.

I dunno, maybe I'll hold off a little longer, or if it's still at the price after christmas, I may bite.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Jesus Christ this game is dropping fast.

It kinda falls apart at the end (the last couple of boss battles are obviously incomplete) and it's pretty easy overall. Regardless, I had a blast and it was one of my favorite games of the year. The guy who voiced the Terror Mask did an amazing job.[/QUOTE]

2nd that, the Terror Mask always giving you sh*t and talking to you made the game that much more enjoyable!

Am I the only one that has a gut feeling Namco is treading a fine line near total collapse? None of their games sell well...drop in price faster than Ubi's games...and this is on a consistent level.

In any case, yeah, $20 or less for me.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Am I the only one that has a gut feeling Namco is treading a fine line near total collapse? None of their games sell well...drop in price faster than Ubi's games...and this is on a consistent level.

In any case, yeah, $20 or less for me.[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt say total collapse.. i am friends with one of the art directors at Namco in san jose and he seems to have plenty to do. the US studio did splatterhouse (along with some freelance artists) which is one of their first and only console games i believe (japan Namco usually handles console games). the majority of US Namco's work/money believe it or not comes from online/ social games now, and i think possibly slot machine games tho im not sure.

[quote name='ryanmassacre']id be all over this but i put this on my xmass list so it may be coming from santa so i cant bite now but if its not under the tree then im:cry:[/QUOTE]

Buy it, and if you get it from Santa, then return it.

The trend is your friend -- and the trend is a downward price. Wait for the drop and give to Childs Play in the meantime.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Am I the only one that has a gut feeling Namco is treading a fine line near total collapse? None of their games sell well...drop in price faster than Ubi's games...and this is on a consistent level.

In any case, yeah, $20 or less for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah at least Ubisoft has more titles to milk (Assassins Creed, which is now a yearly title and sells like hot cakes being their best and the best selling third party Wii title of all time: Just Dance). None of Namco's titles in the last year or so have really sold gangbusters and It's been some time since we've seen a console Soul Calibur, and the last Tekken dropped in price pretty fast. Namco is also neglecting localization of their Tales games that were recently released in Japan.

I want this game to, but I can see it going for $20 or less so I'll wait.

[quote name='ryanmassacre']id be all over this but i put this on my xmass list so it may be coming from santa so i cant bite now but if its not under the tree then im:cry:[/QUOTE]

its part of the year end sale so most likely itll be this price til new years. also, u can buy it and return it after xmas for free as long as its still sealed.

This is the only game I've been wanting for awhile (I have literally everything else that came out), but couldn't justify full-price, or even the BF sales of $35 - $40. I know it'll probably go lower, but I kind of want to play it, so for $25, I'm taking a chance on it.

Thus making my backlog of games complete for this season, until Dead Space 2 comes out. Which means I finally get to save my money! Yay!

Pretty buzzed right now. Pretty good mood. CAG + vodka + iPhone = bigger backlog. Merry Christmas, fuckers!

(OP, you should appreciate this. Thanks!)

[quote name='buster90']The game is awful IMO. Not worth even $20.[/QUOTE]
The truth.

But watch this get deleted anyway.

Of COURSE the terror mask is awesome, it's none other than this guy right here...
darkwing-duck.gif

That said, I should be getting this one tomorrow.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yeah at least Ubisoft has more titles to milk (Assassins Creed, which is now a yearly title and sells like hot cakes being their best and the best selling third party Wii title of all time: Just Dance). None of Namco's titles in the last year or so have really sold gangbusters and It's been some time since we've seen a console Soul Calibur, and the last Tekken dropped in price pretty fast. Namco is also neglecting localization of their Tales games that were recently released in Japan.

I want this game to, but I can see it going for $20 or less so I'll wait.[/QUOTE]
If Namco released this game in the U.S. and neglected the majority of their Tales game in Japan, then they are deserved to fail. If they cannot even please their fanbase outside of Japan, then they won't be in business there for long.

Btw, Namco Bandai in reality is not going to fail easily. Their big bucks coming from Naruto and Dragon Ball Z alone could handle financial failures like this game and Enslaved.

Quite interested, seemed to be either a like it or hate it game based on metacritic, but at the rate it's dropping I'll wait to pick it up until it goes lower.

I'm tempted since it comes with the first three Splatterhouse games on the disc, they unlock after you beat the game. If anything I'll pull the trigger tonight.

Namco doesn't release any games here because we buy games like... Call of duty black ops and wait for games like enslaved to go below $20 price points

[quote name='ryanmassacre']Namco doesn't release any games here because we buy games like... Call of duty black ops and wait for games like enslaved to go below $20 price points[/QUOTE]

True and Enslaved was pretty amazing. I just hope they localize their Tales games because I find those to be the best RPGs IMO.

[quote name='ryanmassacre']Namco doesn't release any games here because we buy games like... Call of duty black ops and wait for games like enslaved to go below $20 price points[/QUOTE]

nah. namco usa is focused primarily on social/online gaming and well, pac-man. i guarantee you more people in the world play versions of pac-man than cod black ops or any other console based game.

Release in decent size quantities and only re-release when the game sells out everywhere. The marketing dept should be able to gauge how much a game sells instead of stuffing the channels. Enslaved was all over the shelves in most of my stores, granted I haven't seen too many copies of Splatterhouse.

All their games might actually sake if they would release them at a better time of year (like January-August). It's really not a good idea to release Lesser known games so close to others like Halo Reach,Fable 3,Fallout Vegas,COD and ACBH. They never really stood a chance against games like those.

It'll be $19.99 before long, and I'm still not sure I'll buy it (thank you CAG ;) ). It may be $9.99 next Black Friday even!

[quote name='technicalstylez']nah. namco usa is focused primarily on social/online gaming and well, pac-man. i guarantee you more people in the world play versions of pac-man than cod black ops or any other console based game.[/QUOTE]

Ehh you sure about that? Maybe total since the 80s, but I could almost bet you that there isn't 1 million+ people playing Pac-Man tonight (or any night for that matter).

Wow that's the most epicly fast price drop I've seen maybe ever. Not even Enslaved bombed that quickly. I'll wait til it drops to $5 before I consider buying it though (which should be another month at this rate)

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']Wow that's the most epicly fast price drop I've seen maybe ever. Not even Enslaved bombed that quickly. I'll wait til it drops to $5 before I consider buying it though (which should be another month at this rate)[/QUOTE]

You forget the Beowulf price drop over at Best Buy a week or two after release. Good times that was....for flipping purposes only.

You know, I don't enjoy games too often these days, but I'm REALLY enjoying Splatterhouse. 26 bucks is definitely well worth it.

But then again I couldn't stop yawning when my friend made me play Black Ops multiplayer and zombies mode with him, and Modern Warfare was an incredible borefest for me as well, so what do I know?

[quote name='Cmosfm']You know, I don't enjoy games too often these days, but I'm REALLY enjoying Splatterhouse. 26 bucks is definitely well worth it.[/QUOTE]
Any comments on the controls of this game since that seems to be one part of the reviews that seem bad.

[quote name='Cmosfm']You know, I don't enjoy games too often these days, but I'm REALLY enjoying Splatterhouse. 26 bucks is definitely well worth it.

But then again I couldn't stop yawning when my friend made me play Black Ops multiplayer and zombies mode with him, and Modern Warfare was an incredible borefest for me as well, so what do I know?[/QUOTE]

Apparently a good deal.

bread's done
Back