Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory Limited Collector's Edition 54.99 at EB

MM3_XBOX

CAGiversary!
Xbox

PS2

GC

PC

The Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Limited Collectors Edition includes:

* A unique metallic embossed collector box.
* 2-DVD set contains (contents subject to change in final shipping)

The entire Splinter Cell Chaos Theory game and a second DVD with bonus content:

* 3 bonus soundtrack remix music from electronica genius Amon Tobin
* The making of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
* Development Diaries on A.I, Level design, animation, graphic technology and more
* Art Gallery
* Penny Arcade spy training manual
* Video features
o Mega64
o Spy guide
* Trailers

Not too bad, seems like it's worth the extra 5 if you were interested in this game.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']gimme a break with these collectors editions with everything already, shesh.[/quote]

Yeah, it is getting old... but I really like the special features... and heck, it's only an extra $5.

Screw you and your whining.

Japanese gamers have been getting special edition packs out the wazoo for years now. Game specific consoles, bonus artwork, all kinds of gimmes that make being gaming otakus worth while. With all games dropping to $20 within 5 months of release why shouldn't gaming companies capitalize on charging a little more that the hardcore will pay for? Hell, they need to make money to keep making games you know.

This is one series I'd buy a SE or LE for. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Thanks OP and pay no attention to these whiny bitches, they're just upset on their allowance they won't splurge for one and will just get a normal one at Platinum, GH or PC rates.

I don't mind SE or LE for high profile games that I know will be good, I just hope they don't start making SE for really crappy games to use as a gimmick to sell weaker titles.

I have nothing against collector's editions either...although, I do have the SE of Halo 2 and I have yet to watch the 2nd DVD yet.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Screw you and your whining.

Japanese gamers have been getting special edition packs out the wazoo for years now. Game specific consoles, bonus artwork, all kinds of gimmes that make being gaming otakus worth while. With all games dropping to $20 within 5 months of release why shouldn't gaming companies capitalize on charging a little more that the hardcore will pay for? Hell, they need to make money to keep making games you know.

This is one series I'd buy a SE or LE for. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Thanks OP and pay no attention to these whiny bitches, they're just upset on their allowance they won't splurge for one and will just get a normal one at Platinum, GH or PC rates.[/quote]

The difference is that the US and Japanese market are completely different. US gamers don't want want a giant inflatable Kasumi pillow.

Well, except for me ;)

I will switch my preorder soon so I can grab the SE. The Splinter Cell series has always been good so I won't wait for a price drop to grab it as I actually want to play it. Also, I have a feeling the SE won't last until a price drop.

For the games I'm posisitve will be awesome and not drop in price for years I have no problem with the special edition and picking it up on release day for full price.
I don't do it very often but such incentives are well worth it.

[quote name='MadFlava']I don't mind SE or LE for high profile games that I know will be good, I just hope they don't start making SE for really crappy games to use as a gimmick to sell weaker titles.[/quote]

They couldn't...the only reason people buy these Limited editions is because they're fans of the series. This only works with established franchises like Mortal Kombat, Madden, Halo, Splinter Cell etc, where fans want to get hold of everything. Occasionally some B-list games like Second Sight come with bonus DVDs if you order online, but these are freebies.

[quote name='dinovelvet'][quote name='MadFlava']I don't mind SE or LE for high profile games that I know will be good, I just hope they don't start making SE for really crappy games to use as a gimmick to sell weaker titles.[/quote]

They couldn't...the only reason people buy these Limited editions is because they're fans of the series. This only works with established franchises like Mortal Kombat, Madden, Halo, Splinter Cell etc, where fans want to get hold of everything. Occasionally some B-list games like Second Sight come with bonus DVDs if you order online, but these are freebies.[/quote]

Growlanser Generations didn't have a previous stateside following and that had a CE. Thankfully Growlanser was a good game. The CE for that game was based on people being a fan of Working Design.

I'll get it just for the Amon Tobin remixes. 5$ for a few songs on a cd seems about right.
Doubt I'll even bother to watch the making of dvd or whatever they plonk on there.

It's precisely because Growlanser is Working Designs that you got a nice bonus version. Working Designs always puts something more into their games and guides. The Arc the Lad Colletion and leatherette bound hardback guide book are about the finest pieces of collectable gaming pieces I own.

I also have the Special "Tome of Eternal Darkness" version of Eternal Darkness where the game came in a book like container and a few pages of information and an early release date. That's probably the rarest gaming piece I own.

bread's done
Back