Splinter Cell Conviction 250GB Super Elite console on the way?

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
We've seen the posts about the FFXIII 250GB Super Elite that's coming out, though apparently, we're supposed to be getting a Splinter Cell Conviction 250GB Super Elite as well.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/02/exclusive-ffxiii-splinter-cell-xbox-360-250gb-bundles.ars

Like the other 250GB Super Elite consoles, it comes with a 250GB HDD, a copy of the game (Splinter Cell Conviction "standard" version), 2 wireless controllers (in black), a wired headset (also in black), plus the usual Ethernet cable and SD/composite video cable.

Supposedly out on April 13th.

The only special design that was any good was the RE version. I like these because of what you get. F those stupid MW2 print on the actual console.

4399150522_35d55c2218_b.jpg

Today we announced the Xbox 360 Splinter Cell Conviction Special Edition Bundle. This bundle will be available in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand for US $399 in early April. The limited edition bundle contains a standard edition copy of Splinter Cell Conviction, a 250 GB hard drive and 2 Wireless Controllers.

WOW Micro$hit isnt even trying to atleast make the console cool and original , Why could there be a kick ass painting on the side .... oh wait thats right it MICRO$HIT

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']WOW Micro$hit isnt even trying to atleast make the console cool and original , Why could there be a kick ass painting on the side .... oh wait thats right it MICRO$HIT[/QUOTE]

You're paying $100 more for a $60 game, a $40 controller, and probably around $100 worth of HDD space. GTFO with your fanboy horseshit. You obviously had no interest in this in the first place and only came here to threadcrap.

[quote name='opterasis']You're paying $100 more for a $60 game, a $40 controller, and probably around $100 worth of HDD space. GTFO with your fanboy horseshit. You obviously had no interest in this in the first place and only came here to threadcrap.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why, but you made me laugh. I think it was due to the "threadcrap". Thanks.

I don't know why Newegg still lists the xbox 360 as having Bluetooth and built in Wi-Fi. This isn't the first time and won't be the last.

Geez, everytime a topic pops up about these consoles, people complain about the lack of "art" on the machine. Honestly? These consoles are great deals. As someone pointed out, you pay an extra $100 for the game, another controller, and more hard drive space. A great deal. If you want special designs on yours, get someone to paint something on or get some decals.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Geez, everytime a topic pops up about these consoles, people complain about the lack of "art" on the machine. Honestly? These consoles are great deals. As someone pointed out, you pay an extra $100 for the game, another controller, and more hard drive space. A great deal. If you want special designs on yours, get someone to paint something on or get some decals.[/QUOTE]

I agree and I wouldn't be surprise if they announced a special faceplate for those who pre-ordered.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KillerRamen']Amazon has it listed as well... I didn't realize that the Splinter Cell series was big enough to warrant its own console.[/QUOTE]

I believe it is due to Splinter Cell's exclusivity with Microsoft.

[quote name='Poor2More']All these Speacial bundles BUT no special design is stupid...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm quite pleased with my MW2 360.

I want it so hard. I'm actually sort of happy that there isn't a special design on the console itself or I'd wind up selling plasma to try and afford it, is it stands I can simply yearn and eventually move on with my life.

[quote name='prateeko']Yeah, I'm quite pleased with my MW2 360.[/QUOTE]

Same Here, anyone want to trade me their FF13 250GB HDD for my plain so my console can be even more limited ? I might glue a second faceplate to it also, you know it has to be uber limited.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Geez, everytime a topic pops up about these consoles, people complain about the lack of "art" on the machine. Honestly? These consoles are great deals. As someone pointed out, you pay an extra $100 for the game, another controller, and more hard drive space. A great deal. If you want special designs on yours, get someone to paint something on or get some decals.[/QUOTE]That's why I bought the MW2 console, for the added hard drive space, the 2nd controller and the game (which I sold to a CAG, as I already had MW2). The "art" on the console wasn't something I wanted.

If I was to do it today, I'd go for the Splinter Cell bundle because it's black, versus the FFXIII console in white.

[quote name='redshadow']The MW2 one is the best looking so far...[/QUOTE]

I love my MW2 console! I simply love the artwork on it.

Saddened that none of these bundled consoles actually get any artwork. The FF XIII one at least got a hard drive with FF XIII etching on it.

At the same time, I'm kind of glad. I can't afford to buy a console simply because I like the look of it!!!

I saw a lot of people complaining about the looks of the MW2 console but I love it. I snatched one up as my second Xbox. I agree it is weird that they do these bundles without the artwork. I wonder if it's just a cost issue...

Sorry if this has been asked before, but if I already have a 120GB Hard Drive (from my old, broken 360) is it possible to transfer all of my saves and stuff to the new 250GB?

I remember having to do this before (when i transferred stuff from my 20GB to the 120GB) but I honestly can't remember how LOL

[quote name='themothman421']Sorry if this has been asked before, but if I already have a 120GB Hard Drive (from my old, broken 360) is it possible to transfer all of my saves and stuff to the new 250GB?

I remember having to do this before (when i transferred stuff from my 20GB to the 120GB) but I honestly can't remember how LOL[/QUOTE]

Dig up a data migration kit from somewhere and you'll be set.

[quote name='themothman421']Sorry if this has been asked before, but if I already have a 120GB Hard Drive (from my old, broken 360) is it possible to transfer all of my saves and stuff to the new 250GB?

I remember having to do this before (when i transferred stuff from my 20GB to the 120GB) but I honestly can't remember how LOL[/QUOTE]

When I got my MW2 bundle I called MS and they sent me a data transfer cable to move everything over. I believe it was about $12.

[quote name='Halo05']Dig up a data migration kit from somewhere and you'll be set.[/QUOTE]You can't just use the older kit to migrate to a 250GB drive. You need the "newer" version of the transfer kit.

[quote name='shrike4242']Here's the comparison between the two transfer kits:

Transfer kit packed in my 120GB drive box, from 2007:
Cable:
Has a P/N of X812003-001 listed on a sticker on the side of the cable.
Transfer CD:
Has a "0207 Part No. X13-45328-02" on the CD sleeve
Has "MEDIA SET: X13-45472-01" on a sticker on the CD sleeve.
Has a picture of an Xbox 360 showing the 20GB drive attached to the 360 and the 120GB drive connected via the USB transfer cable.
CD has a copyright date of 2006, with a "0107 Part No. X13-45476-01" on the CD itself.

Transfer kit Microsoft just sent me when I told them my existing transfer cable wouldn't work:
Cable:
Has a P/N of X815251-002 listed on a sticker on the side of the cable.
Transfer CD:
Has a "0807 Part No. X13-45328-04" on the CD sleeve
Has "MEDIA SET: X13-45472-03" on a sticker on the CD sleeve.
Has a picture of an Xbox 360 showing the a drive attached to the 360 and another drive connected via the USB transfer cable. Doesn't show sizes of the drives.
CD has a copyright date of 2007, with a "0807 Part No. X13-45476-02" on the CD itself.
The included documentation mentions that the transfer cable will work on drive transfers between two same sized drives or from a smaller drive to a larger one. Specifically says that a transfer from a larger drive to a smaller one won't work.

The one I used to copy data from my 120GB drive to my 250GB drive was the second set, not the first one. First one wouldn't work when I tried it with the 120GB to 250GB copy.[/QUOTE]

The old kit only works from 20GB to 120GB. The new kit does same sized drive transfers, as well as any smaller drive to any larger drive transfer.

[quote name='Halo05']Oh that blows goats. *throws away old kit*[/QUOTE]I did get them to send a newer kit to me for free, when I explained to them the following:

1) The transfer kit isn't a single use item, as they kept saying over and over again that it's a single use item. It's a single use for the source drive, since it gets erased in the transfer process, though how could we keep swapping it back and forth between CAGs if it was a single use item?
2) There is a newer version of the transfer kit out there which does work on copying information to a 250GB drive.
3) My existing transfer kit didn't work when I tried to do the 120GB -> 250GB migration from my old drive to my MW2 console.
4) I really don't want to swap info between consoles with memory cards.

After escalation to a supervisor, and a whole lot of conversation against the points above, they did agree to send me a replacement kit for free, since I already had one from my 120GB drive kit.

If you wouldn't luck out like I did, it's only $14 or thereabouts.

[quote name='shrike4242']I did get them to send a newer kit to me for free, when I explained to them the following:

1) The transfer kit isn't a single use item, as they kept saying over and over again that it's a single use item. It's a single use for the source drive, since it gets erased in the transfer process, though how could we keep swapping it back and forth between CAGs if it was a single use item?
2) There is a newer version of the transfer kit out there which does work on copying information to a 250GB drive.
3) My existing transfer kit didn't work when I tried to do the 120GB -> 250GB migration from my old drive to my MW2 console.
4) I really don't want to swap info between consoles with memory cards.

After escalation to a supervisor, and a whole lot of conversation against the points above, they did agree to send me a replacement kit for free, since I already had one from my 120GB drive kit.

If you wouldn't luck out like I did, it's only $14 or thereabouts.[/QUOTE]

Man, that sounds like a major hassle. I got a 120gb kit to replace my 20gb hdd and was hoping to use it again for when I upgrade.
...Looks like I probably won't get the FF13 360 so long as I get the faceplate from Best Buy. I wouldn't want to have to wait a couple of weeks so I can use my new hard drive (which by that time I would have probably already beaten FF13)

[quote name='KillerRamen']Man, that sounds like a major hassle. I got a 120gb kit to replace my 20gb hdd and was hoping to use it again for when I upgrade.
...Looks like I probably won't get the FF13 360 so long as I get the faceplate from Best Buy. I wouldn't want to have to wait a couple of weeks so I can use my new hard drive (which by that time I would have probably already beaten FF13)[/QUOTE]It was a hassle to get it for free, though it was the principle of the situation that I wasn't willing to pay $14 for something that shouldn't have needed a "revised version" of the transfer kit.

Just making sure people understand what you need for doing the any drive -> 250GB drive transfer situation.

bread's done
Back