Splinter Cell Conviction (360): $9.99 at Amazon

[quote name='Birbo']Totally worth it, especially if you have a friend to play co-op with.[/QUOTE]

^^^ Definitely worth the $10. If you'e on the fence hop over, worth it for the single player alone.

[quote name='j0dy77']^^^ Definitely worth the $10. If you'e on the fence hop over, worth it for the single player alone.[/QUOTE]

I've sung so many praises for this game every time I see it in a thread. An excellent game that I couldn't put down (and I'm not even a big Splinter Cell player -- played only a little of #1, couldn't stand #2, and played about a third of #3). I just got tired of the stealth mechanics.

Conviction however freshens the formula and its more action-oriented take on stealth is so fun, I couldn't put it down.

I've always described this game as Batman with a gun --- and in many ways, that's true. IMHO, the gameplay mechanics in this one are better than Arkham Asylum, and the integration of cinema/story-telling is very well-done. As usual, high production values.

The beautiful Jade Raymond is heading up the sequel. I have high expectations from her and her team.

Stop posting deals. My backlog don't need to grow bigger. :p

So if I don't like much stealth games, Metal Gear Solid series, Gears of War series, Call of Duty Series, is there a reason to buy this?

[quote name='romeogbs19']I've always described this game as Batman with a gun --- and in many ways, that's true. IMHO, the gameplay mechanics in this one are better than Arkham Asylum, and the integration of cinema/story-telling is very well-done. As usual, high production values.
[/QUOTE]

Anyone else can confirm this is true? I like Batman AA.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Stop posting deals. My backlog don't need to grow bigger. :p

So if I don't like much stealth games, Metal Gear Solid series, Gears of War series, Call of Duty Series, is there a reason to buy this?[/QUOTE]

It is still a stealth game or wants to be at heart. However they changed it so if you try to be stealthy and are caught that you can shoot your way out of it. This game re-energized the Splinter Cell series for me. Double Agent was lackluster IMO. Getting stealth kills to get mark & executes was an awesome addition to the game. It makes you feel so much more powerful being Sam Fisher.

My buddy and I destroyed this game in CO-Op. So much damn fun. It is a shame there wasn't more DLC for it. We both have the 1250/1250 gamerscore in it. We both got the original 1K within the first week of it being out. Then we destroyed the DLC in one night. :D

Conviction is a steal at this price and anyone who loves action games should buy it. It was on my top 10 list for games last year.

Did anyone buy this from Best Buy when it was on sale for the same price ($9.99)? I received their pre-order version of the game which includes a code for a special assault rifle (or something along those lines) - anyone else get that version?

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Stop posting deals. My backlog don't need to grow bigger. :p

So if I don't like much stealth games, Metal Gear Solid series, Gears of War series, Call of Duty Series, is there a reason to buy this?

Anyone else can confirm this is true? I like Batman AA.[/QUOTE]

It feels just like AA. Some of the gadgets are the same and even the goggles are mostly identical. But Batman gets the win because of the grapple gun. But the camera work in splinter cell is pretty cool - like a more dynamic version of a Bourne movie with a storyline right out of 24.

Back in stock, got my two copies :D one for me and one for my buddy. I had this at launch and never did the co-op campaign, looking forward to playing this again. Excellent game!

[quote name='waxHead']Did anyone buy this from Best Buy when it was on sale for the same price ($9.99)? I received their pre-order version of the game which includes a code for a special assault rifle (or something along those lines) - anyone else get that version?[/QUOTE]

I have that one from BB -- that extra bonus is a load of bull. The gun gets unlocked during gameplay anyways -- the only advantage is that you have it at the beginning (which really doesn't amount to much since I prefer the MK23, MP-446, or Desert Eagle for accuracy.

IOW, the BB version doesn't offer anything special at all.

back in stock (well on January 30th)!!! debated it when it was first this price earlier, then decided to pull the trigger, but it was out of stock.....so didnt hesitate this time.

Re-downloaded the demo, convinced myself that I did indeed want this game, got all psyched up, and come back to $19.54...infinite sadness...

[quote name='obsolete88']Re-downloaded the demo, convinced myself that I did indeed want this game, got all psyched up, and come back to $19.54...infinite sadness...[/QUOTE]

It drops to 9.99 somewhere every month or so so don't worry, your backlog will welcome it soon enough :D

[quote name='gotdott']It drops to 9.99 somewhere every month or so so don't worry, your backlog will welcome it soon enough :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah...seems like it's been 9.99 now for 6 months somewhere or another :lol:

[quote name='obsolete88']Amazon's got it back in stock for $9.99, but looks like it's going fast...6 left after I just ordered.[/QUOTE]

5 now. Thanks!

Dam ett. Was stuck in an hour long meeting, apparently all the copies were scooped up by the time I got out. >=|

Guess i'll continue watching in hope of more restocks.

bread's done
Back