Splinter Cell: Conviction CE $59.99 At Best Buy

Finch106

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Bestbuy.com has the CE for $59.99 WITH a 500 rewardzone point bonus. So, you'll ultimately get the game for $49.99(including the $10 rewardzone bonus). I may cancel at GS and pick this deal up, it cannot be picked up in store however. I think this is a pricing error on the site, get it while its hot!

link

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't want this to slide to the bottom of the page just yet. Come on, nobody wants to save $10 instantly, AND get $10 in rewardzone?

Well, it went from $79 to $69 via Ubisoft, and best buy is offering it for $59 and in addition to that you get a bonus 500 rewardzone points. This goes beyond Ubi discounting it by an additional $10 instant and $10 rewardzone.

You can't do in store pickup like I said, but tomorrow if you buy it in store I don't know if they'll sell it for $69 like they're supposed to or if it'll stay $59. I was charged $79 when I preordered at GS with all my store credit, I may now apply that credit to something else and just bite and pay $59 and have it shipped. I can wait a few days to save $20.

so would I get the 500 rewardzone for ordering it online? any better deals than this like from amazon or something. Might have to bite on this

[quote name='moojuice']There's some time travelin' going on in this thread...must be faulty[/QUOTE]

lol, I tried to post twice w/in 45 seconds, when I tried again it did that..should've waited longer..

[quote name='Finch106']You can't do in store pickup like I said, but tomorrow if you buy it in store I don't know if they'll sell it for $69 like they're supposed to or if it'll stay $59. I was charged $79 when I preordered at GS with all my store credit, I may now apply that credit to something else and just bite and pay $59 and have it shipped. I can wait a few days to save $20.[/QUOTE]

ah, I missed that part, was wondering why only the text was there and no button when you check stores. Ok, I'm going to roll the dice. Hopefully they get more than 2 (which wasn't the case w/ ME2 CE, but I was still able to pick that off the shelf at 11am) Hopefully I won't regret the purchase as a collector item, seeing as how I bought the last version CE at GS for $12.99 complete w/ slipcover..these games are just too hard for me, so I don't play them

[quote name='bringerofdeath']so would I get the 500 rewardzone for ordering it online? any better deals than this like from amazon or something. Might have to bite on this[/QUOTE]

Problem is that the points take like 2 months to receive.

[quote name='token2k6']lol, I tried to post twice w/in 45 seconds, when I tried again it did that..should've waited longer..

ah, I missed that part, was wondering why only the text was there and no button when you check stores. Ok, I'm going to roll the dice. Hopefully they get more than 2 (which wasn't the case w/ ME2 CE, but I was still able to pick that off the shelf at 11am) Hopefully I won't regret the purchase as a collector item, seeing as how I bought the last version CE at GS for $12.99 complete w/ slipcover..these games are just too hard for me, so I don't play them[/QUOTE]

Wow. The Double Agent CE was a joke, but I've bought every CE Splinter Cell since Chaos Theory, I may as well continue the trend, especially if it's priced the same as the Standard edition, what's to lose?

[quote name='videodrone']Problem is that the points take like 2 months to receive.[/QUOTE]

30 days, only because that's the return policy. They don't want you to buy something and return it and collect the points so they credit them once you can't return.

I have a spare gift card so I'll bite.

I'm enrolled in the Gamer's program but have never bothered with points. How exactly do I go about getting the credit from the bonus points? This will work with an online purchase correct?

If you're a member and your account is activated it's automatically done. Like we said, it'll take a while for your points to post, just go to myrewardzone.com and sign in, and it'll say your points on the left. I'm sure you have some currently, make sure to have them scan your rewardzone card every time you make a purchase, or give them your phone number you have assigned to your account when you signed up. If you have any certificates you can print them and use them online or in store.

[quote name='Finch106']30 days, only because that's the return policy. They don't want you to buy something and return it and collect the points so they credit them once you can't return.[/QUOTE]

My experience has always been longer than that. I would understand 30, its usually around 40 days and then another week for the posted point to become a printable coupon.

[quote name='Finch106']Wow. The Double Agent CE was a joke, but I've bought every CE Splinter Cell since Chaos Theory, I may as well continue the trend, especially if it's priced the same as the Standard edition, what's to lose?[/QUOTE]

If you're basing your logic solely off of BB's prices then yes, you are correct. However the standard edition has been available online for as little as 39.99 in the last week and has been 46.99 on Amazon for what seems like forever, so that's something to consider.

[quote name='videodrone']My experience has always been longer than that. I would understand 30, its usually around 40 days and then another week for the posted point to become a printable coupon.[/QUOTE]

Ah I gotcha, yeah it happens. I'm a premier silver member and the return policy is extended to 45 days, so imagine what I wait. It is nice however to randomly check the site and see that I have coups.

Ah, I apologize for that. I haven't really been looking at the prices at all because I preordered long ago, I just went to bestbuy.com to see if it was still for sale for a buddy and saw that. Thanks for that tip.

[quote name='gospelman']I have a spare gift card so I'll bite.

I'm enrolled in the Gamer's program but have never bothered with points. How exactly do I go about getting the credit from the bonus points? This will work with an online purchase correct?[/QUOTE]

when you go to the check out page it has one section on the left for the my rewards account. You have to enter your account number

There's a chance that the drive that comes with the game still may work. Yeah I'm picking one of these up.

Thanks OP, I was going to hold off on getting this, but I'm a sucker for steelbooks and I had some reward zone certificates.

Darn, just as Amazon shipped mine, and they still owe me the original $10 price drop, which finally got reflected on their site today.

with the 500 RZ points it 50 bucks which was my breaking point. I'll consider returning it if I get a broken USB but I don't think it will drop below 50 too soon since it's been discontinued and will go through a few drops from Amazon before clearing 49.99.

Pretty weird situation to know a bunch of CE's a broken though. Makes the whole thing a bit of gamble.

Anyone think that will make CE's with working USBs more valuable?

Oh, and the 500 bonus points ends today so if anyone else is interested they need to get in now.

FYI, this is B&M too according to the guy who I had check the price at CS in BB a little bit ago.

I'm going out in a bit to cancel my preorder at GS and just buy it at BB tonight at midnight.

[quote name='Fatbot3']

Oh, and the 500 bonus points ends today so if anyone else is interested they need to get in now.[/QUOTE]

Must be online only since the extra 500 bonus points is valid through the 17th according to the BB ad.

Thanks! Had a rewardzone certificate about to expire so I ordered. It's nice how they include free shipping... but now I'll need to return my standard copy I got from amazon....

[quote name='musicjunkie']Was really debating this but can't decide if its worth it esp if mine has a faulty drive with it.[/QUOTE]

It could be worth it if it's actually been discontinued.

[quote name='ShockandAww']It could be worth it if it's actually been discontinued.[/QUOTE]

Well I mean it was a CE anyways with a limited run. I'm pretty sure they only printed a set batch of these and weren't planning on keeping up its production.

I'm just wondering if anyone will try to get a replacement in case the USB drive is faulty. Nothing on Best Buy's site mentions the reason for it's price drop so we might be able to argue for a working copy.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']bestbuy bing cash back is 2%[/QUOTE]

I used 'LCD' for the bing search and it came up 5%

I ordered, but don't show anything applied yet, so I'll see if it worked. What is the normal turn around for it to pend?

*edit* looks like it is normally 2 days

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP - Ordered it cuz I had $40 in BB certificates anyway. Got it for $21.76.

I figure I'll play it and if the USB drive doesn't work return it and get my money back and if it works it will probably be worth more in the end than a sealed copy.

Wonder if the in-store price will be the same tomorrow - I'd imagine it will be since the website prices are usually the same, although I did get a 8000 Samsung LED for 1,799 as opposed to the 1,999 it was online this past week...

ahh man, i was kind on the fence about getting this cuz of the price but now the price drop has me trying to figure out if i should get it or wait and get monster hunter bundle next week

Be careful about going into the store expecting to get it for $59. If you talk to someone and they said it'd be that price, make sure they didn't check the website because the store doesn't match the site anymore. I work at bb, and I didn't even think to punch in the sku when I went in earlier today, I'll check it out tonight and post if it is reflected in the store's system. Again, bb.com is cheaper than store a lot of the time to compete with Amazon, the store wont match the price on the site.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']If you can tell me how you can get the game for $49.99, I'll buy you three copies.[/QUOTE]

Buy the game using a RZ card from BB and you get a bonus 500 points which is equal to $10 in BB certificates.

I'll give you my address for my 3 copies in an email ;)

[quote name='DIMONDA85']Buy the game using a RZ card from BB and you get a bonus 500 points which is equal to $10 in BB certificates.

I'll give you my address for my 3 copies in an email ;)[/QUOTE]

How much do you pay the cashier when you go buy the game using a RZ card?

bread's done
Back