Splinter Cell Conviction CE will be dropping $10 to $69.99

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Apparently Ubisoft will be dropping the Collector's Edition of Splinter Cell: Conviction price by $10 due to many of the packaged USB drives not working. The story is here at gamespot: http://au.gamespot.com/news/6257617.html

So far I haven't seen any online stores dropping the price yet, but don't be surprised to see the change soon! And not all the USB drives are broken, so you may luck out with a working one AND save $10!

[quote name='finstersucks']This game has to suck. I haven't found a single review and with all the price drops, its destined for the bargin bin.[/QUOTE]

So in your book, the quality of the game goes hand in hand with how high the price is? These retail/online stores are being very competitive with game prices because they want you to spend your money at their store/site.

I am also surprised by these price drops but this is a huge game that Ubisoft has been able to manage for the past years and would not create a game "that sucks". :D

[quote name='htown01']So in your book, the quality of the game goes hand in hand with how high the price is? These retail/online stores are being very competitive with game prices because they want you to spend your money at their store/site.

I am also surprised by these price drops but this is a huge game that Ubisoft has been able to manage for the past years and would not create a game "that sucks". :D[/QUOTE]

No I mean price drop usually equals bad sales or bad reviews. I haven't seen any reviews on Metacritic and that IGN review is horrible a 9.3 for a game where no attribute is above 9.0. For a major hyped title and comparing it to recent releases (heavy rain, gow3, bfbc2, and ff13) its says something if the first review is released the Friday before release day. If they want the sure first week buy, they tell the critics to release the review at the latest 1 week before release date. Unless its a establish brand like Madden or CoD, I'm usually on the fence for a release day buy, good reviews can assure myself of picking it up.

[quote name='finstersucks']No I mean price drop usually equals bad sales or bad reviews. I haven't seen any reviews on Metacritic and that IGN review is horrible a 9.3 for a game where no attribute is above 9.0. For a major hyped title and comparing it to recent releases (heavy rain, gow3, bfbc2, and ff13) its says something if the first review is released the Friday before release day. If they want the sure first week buy, they tell the critics to release the review at the latest 1 week before release date. Unless its a establish brand like Madden or CoD, I'm usually on the fence for a release day buy, good reviews can assure myself of picking it up.[/QUOTE]

So now Splinter Cell isn't an established Brand????? No offense, but c'mon man even I have to call :whee: on that one... I mean you're entitled to your opinion. But IGN gave the game a 9.3, (Same score as God of War, higher score than BFBC 2, and Just Cause 2), Splinter cell has also been around longer than most of those games as well, on top of that the Demo was fantastic!

/Nerd Rant:joystick:

Ah well to each his own... I hope that the game turns out well, and am definitely looking forward to especially with the game's redesign.

[quote name='finstersucks']No I mean price drop usually equals bad sales or bad reviews. I haven't seen any reviews on Metacritic and that IGN review is horrible a 9.3 for a game where no attribute is above 9.0. For a major hyped title and comparing it to recent releases (heavy rain, gow3, bfbc2, and ff13) its says something if the first review is released the Friday before release day. If they want the sure first week buy, they tell the critics to release the review at the latest 1 week before release date. Unless its a establish brand like Madden or CoD, I'm usually on the fence for a release day buy, good reviews can assure myself of picking it up.[/QUOTE]

This entire comment is foolish.

It also got a 9/10 from Game Informer, 8/10 from EDGE, and other high scores. This is the antithesis of a "bad-review-cash-grab" game. It looks to be very well-made. I doubt they're trying to suppress all these good reviews.

If you cared to read any of the first post, you would have seen the reasoning for the price drop. It has nothing to do with the quality of the game. It's a defective bonus product.

Price drops don't mean bad game. Since you keep using God of War as an example, I picked up God of War III for less than $59.99 on release day, and that has nothing to do with any pre-order credit or anything. Amazon had it for a few bucks cheaper.

Apart from whatever has been said, you can also download the demo yourself and try it out instead of judging a game based on assumptions.

Just a thought....

For those that want this game, the cheapest place is at cduniverse.com right now $70.25 including S&H BEFORE the $10 discount for a total of $60.25.

The deal can be found here although OP doesn't meantion the $10 discount: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257982

[quote name='finstersucks']This game has to suck. I haven't found a single review and with all the price drops, its destined for the bargin bin.[/QUOTE]
You suck for relying solely on reviews idiot.

Ubisoft is doing the right thing, and not trying to pull a fast one over it's consumers.

Atleast it's good to see that get done. It's a smart move, and the right one.

bread's done
Back