Splinter Cell Conviction Limited Edition $55.99 @ Amazon

Walt Jay

CAGiversary!
Feedback
174 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Clancys-Splinter-Cell-Conviction-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0H9JA/

What was originally $79.99 then $69.99 (due to faulty USB drives) is now on-sale for $55.99.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction Collector's Edition Bonus Items Include:

Custom USB Drive - Compatible with Xbox 360, the drive contains exclusive media including: ‘making of’ video, wallpaper, concept art, storyboards and more.

"Fifth Freedom: The Art of Splinter Cell" - A hardbound Prima book of Splinter Cell art, including all games in the series and in-depth commentary and notes.

Exclusive in-game Items - The MP5-SD3 submachine gun and an exclusive 3rd Echelon outfit.

Collectable Decals - Exclusive Collector’s Edition decals include: 3rd Echelon logo decal and the Bullet Hole decal.

"Digging in the Ashes" Comic Book - Digital comic book detailing the sequence of events preceding Splinter Cell Conviction.

Steelbook DVD Case - Case with embossed metallic etching and iconic bullet hole imagery.

[quote name='aznboovie']But the standard is $50 + $10 future credit sounds a better deal.[/QUOTE]

If you just want the game, then sure. The extra stuff for $6 sounds like a bargain to me.

[quote name='WankerJist']If you just want the game, then sure. The extra stuff for $6 sounds like a bargain to me.[/QUOTE]
It's an extra 16 dollars because you don't get the 10 dollars back on this version

Also Ubisoft has all the extra content on the USB drive up on it's site free for everyone

[quote name='Jaysonguy']It's an extra 16 dollars because you don't get the 10 dollars back on this version

Also Ubisoft has all the extra content on the USB drive up on it's site free for everyone[/QUOTE]

True but even for 16 bucks you get a much better case, art book, and dlc. If the USB was guaranteed to work then I think it would be good deal but with that being iffy it should just be a decent option.

Still 55 for a pretty new LE is good, I just figure this is an indication that it will be 30 by July if any are left.

The artbook is a digital copy that was supposed to be on the USB drive, so you're not getting that either, and almost all the DLC can be unlocked by playing the game.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Still 55 for a pretty new LE is good, I just figure this is an indication that it will be 30 by July if any are left.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that. Rule #2 of being a CAG: always give Ubisoft games a few months. Their new game prices drop like rocks almost immediately.

Damn nice price, I bought one of the CE's at BB when the game first came out and pieced everything out and it all sold for about $110. Doubt I could get close to that much now though. hah

USB Drive: $15
Decals: $7
Art Book: $14
SC3000 Code: $8.50
MP-5 & Shadow armor code: $26.00
The game: $45 + $10 BB rewardzone coupon

[quote name='MuzykMann']Amen to that. Rule #2 of being a CAG: always give Ubisoft games a few months. Their new game prices drop like rocks almost immediately.[/QUOTE]

I did the best buy deal that was 10 bucks and 59.99 so I'm fine with it but I also intend to be done with by July.

In general I prefer clearance LEs.

[quote name='Brother Daz']The artbook is a digital copy that was supposed to be on the USB drive, so you're not getting that either, and almost all the DLC can be unlocked by playing the game.[/QUOTE]

The artbook is a hard-cover book that is included in the package. You might be thinking of the digital comic.

Personally, I like the steelbook case and the in-game items that came with it. Not worth the original $70 price, but for $5 under MSRP of the standard edition, I think it's a pretty good value.

[quote name='Fatbot3']

Still 55 for a pretty new LE is good, I just figure this is an indication that it will be 30 by July if any are left.
1.gif
[/QUOTE]

True, but its a good price if you dont have the patience to wait that long.

Dont forget this LE was discontiued because of the faulty drives. Not saying there are not any out there but they will become slim pickins. I myself would buy another also if they were still around for the 30 price but i dont think so.

bread's done
Back