Splinter Cell Essentials and the PSP Slim

ResidentialEvil

CAG Veteran
I own SC Essentials and I have the new black PSP Slim, with the latest firmware 3.71. I have played through the first mission and when the second mission starts to load, it gets about 2 bars on the progress bar and then crashes the PSP. I've posted about this on several other boards and I've had one other person complain about pretty much the same thing, but that's it.

So is anyone here having this problem? I trying to find out if it's A) just my copy of the game, B) a problem with this particular game on the PSP Slim or C) a problem with this game and the firmware update. I have a feeling I just have a bad copy of the game but I'd like to know before I try to get a new copy.

Did you try turning on/off the UMD Cache Loading?

I had the game on my old Fat PSP (no problems). I have sold it though so I can't test it out on my new PSP-2000.

No problems with it yet, but I turned off the UMD cache when I was having problems with Star Wars Lethal Alliance (another Ubi release)

Interesting... Glad I could help. I wonder what other games are having problems with the new PSP-2000. Is it just Ubisoft games?

I had problems on SOCOM: FTB2 a few times, where the game is in progress, then the game would freeze, turn off and there would be this popping noise from the speaker. I'll try running SOCOM: FTB2 without the UMD caching and see if it stops.

bread's done
Back