Splinter Cell Trilogy HD PS3 $19.99 FS

Thanks OP, snagged one. Even though it got mixed reviews, can't beat the price. I remember how hyped when the first game came out.

They're issuing a patch (supposedly) to fix the missing inversion controls. But aren't these ports generally...unfavorable? Any opinions?

I've only played Splinter Cell on the PS2 and Pandora Tomorrow on the Gamecube (a HORRIBLE port)..

Tempting... but I guess I have like 3 other collections I haven't touched yet, which should be reason enough to let this get cheaper...

This is the only collection that I don't have. Just picked up Metal Gear Solid for $26. Maybe I'll wait until it's $10 like Tomb Raider was at Best Buy. Thanks OP.

This is the only PS2 remasters collection that I don't have and it's going to stay that way. I never could get into Splinter Cell at all. But anyways, that's a great price.

[quote name='ZaPpA_721']Thanks OP, snagged one. Even though it got mixed reviews, can't beat the price. I remember how hyped when the first game came out.[/QUOTE]

I remember being able to choose a birthday gift game for XBOX and going with Turok Evolution over this and being PISSED at my decision, lol.

That said, I wouldn't buy this unless the inversion fix is already in place, no point as I just can't play games without it.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']This is the only collection that I don't have. Just picked up Metal Gear Solid for $26. Maybe I'll wait until it's $10 like Tomb Raider was at Best Buy. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Kinda hoping the Sly Collection gets to that price point, too.

[quote name='BloodiedWraith']This is the only PS2 remasters collection that I don't have and it's going to stay that way. I never could get into Splinter Cell at all. But anyways, that's a great price.[/QUOTE]

I think these are actually pc remasters

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP, this has been #1 on my wishlist since I got El Shaddai a couple weeks ago. For $20, I couldn't hesitate. It hasn't dropped at all on Amazon.

Oh, and Free 2 day shipping for shoprunner members, if you signed up for that remember to log in and get it shipped quicker.

Very tempted.
Considering most of these collections, 20 is about as cheap as they get.
Tomb Raider seems to be the exception to the rule.

Still baffled how PoP hasn't hit 20 yet?
(though import copies are about that price)

[quote name='Jawmuncher']Very tempted.

(though import copies are about that price)[/QUOTE]

POP hit 20 at TRU, but it got sold out very very fast. I'm waiting for that one to hit 20 elsewhere too.

Does anyone know if the US disc based version has inverted aim patched in yet? I'm assuming no because I can't find confirmation elsewhere, but maybe someone knows more than me.

I do know that EU disc based and EU & USA PSN versions are patched.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Kinda hoping the Sly Collection gets to that price point, too.[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome. I paid twenty for it, and I only finished the first game...lol.

I'm sure the Sly Collection will go down as well, I got it for $20 from Amazon about a month or more ago. I still need the ICO Collection.

I got the original Splinter Cell and Chaos Theory on Xbox backlog. I was thinking of getting this collection or picking up Pandora Tomorrow just to have a complete trilogy.

I jumped on this, didn't even bother asking Amazon to price match.
Been waiting for this game to drop.
Big SC fan but PC ports weren't worth the $40 they were asking, especially since you can them all on Steam (at one time) for like $15 bucks.
At least I'll get controller support and 3D out of it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Does anyone know if the US disc based version has inverted aim patched in yet? I'm assuming no because I can't find confirmation elsewhere, but maybe someone knows more than me.

I do know that EU disc based and EU & USA PSN versions are patched.[/QUOTE]

I assume this is the US version...

http://www.shacknews.com/article/71247/splinter-cell-trilogy-hd-inverted-aim-patched

I am tempted to get as I never really played these but invert control are a must for me...

[quote name='Jawmuncher']Very tempted.

(though import copies are about that price)[/QUOTE]

It's $19.99 at Walmart. Probably YMMV though...

[quote name='tylerh1701']Does anyone know if the US disc based version has inverted aim patched in yet? I'm assuming no because I can't find confirmation elsewhere, but maybe someone knows more than me.

I do know that EU disc based and EU & USA PSN versions are patched.[/QUOTE]

I thought I found a link that it was but the gamefaq boards for this game indicate that it is not because no one is saying it is released for the retail disc yet.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']This is the only collection that I don't have. Just picked up Metal Gear Solid for $26. Maybe I'll wait until it's $10 like Tomb Raider was at Best Buy. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get MGS for $26?

[quote name='WV Matsui']Where did you get MGS for $26?[/QUOTE]

I meant $28 sorry. There was a glitch at BBY yesterday when you ordered Kinect Disneyland for $19.99 as a part of the B2G1 sale. So I paid full price for Skyrim, Disneyland, and I received MGS as the free game. So when you do the math it's $28.xx per game. I was going to swap out MGS for other games, but I can get most games cheaper than $28 elsewhere. ;)

Gimped garbage? It may be a rushed port but the three core games are fine.

Id rather play them on this blu ray than 3 individual ps2 dvds.

[quote name='plutoknight']They're issuing a patch (supposedly) to fix the missing inversion controls. But aren't these ports generally...unfavorable? Any opinions?
[/QUOTE]
has that patch been confirmed? That one little annoyance is what''s keeping me from getting the trilogy

[quote name='themidnighter23']has that patch been confirmed? That one little annoyance is what''s keeping me from getting the trilogy[/QUOTE]

Yes, the patch is confirmed and available for everything except the US disc version. According to Ubisoft, that is "coming soon"

Tempted to get this with my Newegg/Google Offers coupon, but I have to spend another $20 on something as well... wishing something else was onsale as well!

Since I have all 3 on the Xbox, is this even worth getting (I only played through the 1st game)?

IIRC these are the PC versions of the game, are they better or much different than the Xbox versions?

I was really excited to play this.... about 7 months ago. The release date would arrive but there would be no game, only a new release date. This happened about three times, eventually when it finally came out we were in the AAA games season and I just didn't care anymore. It didn't help that they never made them available on PSN for individual purchase like they originally said.... is this going to be a new thing for publishers? Sneaking games to retail without promised features?

I'm sure the games are still great to play (though no MP for Chaos Theory is nuts), but I think I can wait until $10 for it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yes, the patch is confirmed and available for everything except the US disc version. According to Ubisoft, that is "coming soon"[/QUOTE]
Of course it's not available in the US yet, those people don't play those games (snark)

dammit...didn't think it would drop that far....already bought this at retail price....always wanted to play the games again now with trophy support it was a no brainer....now if they can just fix the loading freezes....

[quote name='gutter2d']Since I have all 3 on the Xbox, is this even worth getting (I only played through the 1st game)?

IIRC these are the PC versions of the game, are they better or much different than the Xbox versions?[/QUOTE]

There's nothing special about it, unless you're a trophy whore

[quote name='gshell']dammit...didn't think it would drop that far....already bought this at retail price....always wanted to play the games again now with trophy support it was a no brainer....now if they can just fix the loading freezes....[/QUOTE]

If you own a US retail copy, or even an EU retail copy, you should plug it in and see if it has a patch/update. Or just check your menu screen under settings and see if the Invert Y axis option is there, then report on your findings.

I know I would appreciate it. :)

A friend just got me Conviction, and I figured this would be the place to start. Of course I already have a huge backlog, but...

[quote name='SDC']A friend just got me Conviction, and I figured this would be the place to start. Of course I already have a huge backlog, but...[/QUOTE]

Conviction is sweeeet. Way better than these games, but the last two are still worth the price of admission.

bread's done
Back