Splinter Cell Trilogy (PS3) 19.99 w/free shipping

Didn't get great reviews. I have it but haven't played any of it yet. I think it would be just fine for someone like me, who has never experienced any of these games. Probably not great for purists of these games, as there are some technical problems. I think there are some glitchy trophies as well.

They also removed multiplayer from them (I think only the 3rd one ever had it, but it's now gone). It originally released without the option to invert controls, but that was at least patched in much later.

I still can't be bothered to pick this one up. I think the horrible port of Chaos Theory to 3DS left me with a very bad memory of Splinter Cell.

My understanding is that these are just ports of the PC versions, and not much was done. I have a couple on PC already, so it never made sense for me to get these.

They are the PC ports so they look better than the console versions and after having played the three included here on the PC, and after picking this up used at BB, I can tell you they improved and cleaned up some things. A patch (67 mb) was released in September that fixed the frame rate issues and now they run at 60fps solid. If you're a fan of the series and haven't played them in years (Chaos Theory is worth the $$$ alone) or never did, it's a great deal.

bread's done
Back