Split/Second (360/PS3) $40 - Amazon PMs Bestbuy

Picking up games cheaply everywhere. Didn't have any coupons to use with it, but $40 for a new, mind blowing, game is worth it to me. The $5 amazon mp3 credit is a nice bonus too.

picked it up at BB for the same price earlier, had to pay tax but at least i got the 3 bonus cars out of it

[quote name='sublime90']after tossing and turning im getting it from BestBuy after all. i want points and 3 free cars. i really liked the demo and im actually looking forward to playing online where its harder to avoid explosions and to nail someone. im not really into racers either, the only racing game i own is burnout paradise.[/QUOTE]

With BP being your sole racing game, this should
feel familiar right away. No setups and cars
with no weight that hover like planes.
Cars have a nice grip and weight to them, similar to BP.

I played through the local campaign on normal and honestly
never felt the AI was unfair. The non-traditional races
are a bit tougher to 1st place, though with enough
Firsts and Thirds taking the championship is within reach.
[the AI treats you like family, compared to Mod Nation]
I only grabbed first for around 65% and none less than third
and finished around 12 points in front of second.

As for the online, without grabbing the downloadable
pack or unlocking everything through career, your
chances are slim. You will see the studs at the
beginning and then you will end up so far back
that regardless of them taking each other out,
it will have no effect on your placing.

I have unlocked quite a few, though there are just
some beasts out there that look like the Batmobile
that are untouchable with anything that I have unlocked.

Like plenty of games, I believe that some of the folks
playing SS against Blur have not really played one or both
and are simply regurgitating for the sake of being contrary.
Not because their opinions differ from mine, they just do not
sound as if based on actual experience.

/\ your awesome.

I like BLUR alot. I played the demo for this, and wasnt to impressed, but i told myself if i can get this game for 30 ill pick it up. Used my 10 credit and got this for 30. Thanks PM

[quote name='Lordd_G']Fact: Split/second > Blur... I played both![/QUOTE]

Fact: your opinion is invalid!

FACT: Both games got an 82% on Metacritic and are therefore EQUAL!
FACT: If you love Arcade Racing you have 2 great games to choose from.
FACT: RDR and SMG2 launched at the same time, instantly depreciating ALL other games.
FACT: You should be able to get BOTH BLUR AND S/S for $60 total very soon.

Start now by picking S/S for ~$30 (Costco or Amazon + $10 credit)
In 2 weeks get Blur for $30 = Win/Win!

[quote name='bigloser']Fact: your opinion is invalid![/QUOTE]
Your hair is a bird?

4660774880_cc49a0617f.jpg

Last few days for this. I totally disagree with some of the above comments. No problems with rubber banding (it keeps things exciting when you're setting off explosions, etc.). Online is an absolute blast. Best racing game in years. Oh, and btw, Blur is really good also. But SS is on another level.

[quote name='bsesb2003']What was the pre-order on this one -- I wonder if its better to skip the pre-orders with coupons lately if the game is gonna be reduced so shortly after release.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered it for $45.98 + $10 game credit, so a net of about $36. It was a slightly better deal, but this is not terrible either. I do think the price will drop further eventually, but that's pretty much the case with every game. Just depends on how soon you want to play it :D

Best Buy should be ending their promotion tomorrow (last day 6/5). If that's so the price might go back to the original. Kmart is going to have it from 6/6 to 6/12, but I don't think Amazon price matches Kmart (at least when they had FFXIII, Bayonetta and the other games in promotion Amazon didn't match it).

bread's done
Back