Split/Second at Costco for 33.99

pvtpyle

CAGiversary!
I just went to costco (Arizona) and they had both the PS3 and the XBOX versions of Split/Second for 53.99 with an instant 20.00 off, making the game 33.99. Pretty decent deal.

As far as I could tell the deal is supposed to last until 6/5/10

yea. Non-Members aren't allowed to shop at costco, unless you are buying Booze (only booze), Pharmacy, and food court.
yea its a nation wide Manufactors Instant rebate. so, it will be good through the 5th.

32.79 in Fountain Valley, CA (SoCal) ... no sign ... discount taken off at register.

Also saw Alan Wake for 51.xx ... good price if amazon ever bumps their price above 49.99

Picked up my copy yesterday in Alpharetta, GA. There were two signs about the deal, one for the 360 version and one for the PS3 version.

Got mine in Waltham, MA yesterday, sign up on the display for the instant rebate, plenty of copies available.

did someone posted that Final Fantasy XIII for both platforms was at $33.00 a month ago at Costco? That was the deal before Split Second. Maybe we do need an 'official' thread.

Correct signs up and I bought it at Laguna Niguel, Orange County, CA store yesterday for $32.xx (both systems)
Apparently it's chain wide. Have them price check at the registers if there is no sale sign.
Automatically deducted $20 for me on scan.

[quote name='ookesseloo']god dangit wtf is a costco? i hate you guys. >=|[/QUOTE]

Neener neener noo noo.

A lot of people are complaining about the yearly membership fee ($50), but you will make up for it when you buy other stuff besides just video games, you know, like food, paper towels, books, even clothes (such as nike golf shirts for $25, which is a great deal).

Costco also had a special on ODST a few weeks back for 25.79. I think that might still be going as well.

Costco usually charges tax on the pre-rebate amount. So for some of us with higher tax rates (8-10%) it puts the total price pretty close to Amazon. So don't feel too bad if you miss out.

[quote name='stikmanrp']A lot of people are complaining about the yearly membership fee ($50), but you will make up for it when you buy other stuff besides just video games, you know, like food, paper towels, books, even clothes (such as nike golf shirts for $25, which is a great deal).

Costco also had a special on ODST a few weeks back for 25.79. I think that might still be going as well.[/QUOTE]

And, gas! Always about 10 cent cheaper than most gas pumps. Saves me $2 a week, and pretty much covers my Executive membership.

[quote name='finstersucks']And, gas! Always about 10 cent cheaper than most gas pumps. Saves me $2 a week, and pretty much covers my Executive membership.[/QUOTE]

Dont forget that executive members get 2% cash back on all purchases except gas, and pharmacy i believe. You get a cash card voucher at the end of the year which usually pays for the membership itself and then some depending on how much shopping you do at Costco. Haven't payed for my membership in the last 3 years thanks to the 2% back.

[quote name='sdpads19']Dont forget that executive members get 2% cash back on all purchases except gas, and pharmacy i believe. You get a cash card voucher at the end of the year which usually pays for the membership itself and then some depending on how much shopping you do at Costco. Haven't payed for my membership in the last 3 years thanks to the 2% back.[/QUOTE]

And if the rebate does not cover the extra cost of your Executive membership, you can ask them to refund the difference. Kind of a no brainer there.

Regardless, the exec membership coupled with my Costco Amex card benefits have MORE than paid for the membership fees.

[quote name='kevlar51']And if the rebate does not cover the extra cost of your Executive membership, you can ask them to refund the difference. Kind of a no brainer there.

Regardless, the exec membership coupled with my Costco Amex card benefits have MORE than paid for the membership fees.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. They will refund you the difference if the 2% Executive cash back doesn't cover the $50 upgrade cost for the Executive membership.

The Costco membership looks expensive in the surface but the potential savings in purchases usually far exceed the membership cost. The home/auto insurance through the Costco program can possibly save you $$$ by itself.

[quote name='eau']The home/auto insurance through the Costco program can possibly save you $$$ by itself.[/QUOTE]

Costco does insurance?!? o_0 ... where do I get more info on their insurance?

Also, pretty good deal, thanks OP!

Went to Costco this morning. Price listed was 52.79. Went to ring it up and it automatically registered a -$20.00 instant rebate. So...brand new game for roughly 50% off...not bad, not bad at all. Hahaha...will get to this as soon as I finish Red Dead Redemption...which is turning out to take alot longer than I had originally anticipated (not that it's bad by any stretch).

my store had rebates for SMB and alice in wonderland wii as well as DJ hero and wii chargers and wii excercise game. noting about split/second tho. so i rang it up with the rest of my purchases and sure enough, it came up with the regular price with a 20$ discount on the receipt. yay!! :)

Just played through the first "episode" of this game and really liking it so far. Reminds me of when I got "Burnout Takedown" years ago, same kind of rush.

Very glad I picked it up. Thanks again CAG for saving me 20 bucks!

Thanks OP. Picked this up today. Through the first five episodes and I gotta say the rubber band AI is starting to get to me. Great concept but it's borderline frustrating for me. (and I'm pretty good at racing games, so it's not just that I suck at it.)

Sweet I got a couple for me and one for cousin.

if it matters I got mine at the Winchester Rd, Memphis TN exit COSTCO.

.....and though I might add I also got 3 churros for $1 each at the snack bar :D

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Sweet I got a couple for me and one for cousin.[/QUOTE]

What do you need a couple for exactly?

.....and though I might add I also got 3 churros for $1 each at the snack bar :D

And thats some food for thought!

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Sweet I got a couple for me and one for cousin.

if it matters I got mine at the Winchester Rd, Memphis TN exit COSTCO.

.....and though I might add I also got 3 churros for $1 each at the snack bar :D[/QUOTE]

I got blur, but I'm seriously thinking of picking up split second. Which one do you guys think is the better game?

And you gotta love their churros and the 1.50 hot dogs and drink!

do you guys know whats their return policy for open games? I know if you're not satisfied with the merchandised you can return it to them, just wondering if this applicable to open games. TIA

Returns

Membership: We will refund your membership fee in full at any time if you are dissatisfied.

Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, iPOD / MP3 players and cellular phones.

Pretty much sums it up. Electronics used to have 2 year returns but due to abuse it became 90 days with an automatic 2 year extended warranty. Still pretty much the best in the business. The $50 or $100 membership fees pretty much pay for themselves if you live within 20 minutes drive of a warehouse.

My son broke a remote control car I bought before christmas. I returned it last week (5 months later) without a receipt
and got a full refund to my credit card - NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

Confirmed $32.79 with a sign on the display in Kennewick, WA. Didn't pick it up since I suck at racing games and I already have a huge backlog at the moment.

i was at costco yesterday and forgot to pick it up, i planned to go back this morning but see it was only good until yesterday. bummer.

Just got a few days ago through Costco and I'm playing it now. I have to say, THIS GAME IS FREAKIN CRAZY! So much random shit going off all around you (and I mean that in a good way).

bread's done
Back