Spoilers in video game reviews

CGH

CAGiversary!
Feedback
185 (100%)
Normally I do not read game reviews or official game threads on forums I look at the scores because pictures comments have spoiled games for me. I am reading through the latest issue of game informer I began reading the professor layton the unwound future review I do not know why I did it the reviewer without warning spoiled the plot of the second layton game the diabolical box if you read the review you know what I am talking about why would the reviewer assume everyone reading the review has played through the second game? I needed to vent I am angry about t.

That sucks. I agree that reviewers should give some kind of warning about that, but that doesn't always happen.

I always just avoid reading any information about a sequel to a game that I haven't beaten (assuming I care about the story).

Most reviews I've seen admit towards the beginning that reading the review may reveal some spoilers (like to a previous game in the series). I rarely see it in bold, but just something I came across.

I'll admit when I worked on an RPG website, I accidentally captured an image and was about to post which revealed a FFX spoiler. Thankfully the person editing the reviews played the game and removed it for me.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Don't you know the entire point of reviews is that you read them AFTER you play the game, so you can bitch about how wrong they were?[/QUOTE]

No no no. The point is for you to whine about the scores BEFORE you even play the game. The reviewer's OPINION is obviously wrong because bias. ;)

bread's done
Back