*spoilers* The Ring two was actually pretty good! *spoilers*

cgpwns

CAGiversary!
I had to screen the Ring two last night (very late). I expected it to fill in the plot holes from the original, but it really only made more. That aside this film was awesome! I just love the line from Naomi Watts "I'm not your f'in mother!" There is a lot more action and green jaw dropped faces in this sequel. I'd definetely pay to see it again, if I had to.

MEHH............

It was alright.
Nothing NEAR as good as the first.
There were a ton of inconsistencies,... and the movie seemed rushed. There were only 2 major "jump" moments, and they were obvious as hell!
The ending sucked major donkey balls too!!!
It'll be worth $15 on DVD, but not to see it in the theatres.

I'd wait and rent this one fellas.
Just nothing special.

I liked it a LOT. There were no scary moments at all, but you are a pussy if you are scared by movies so it isn't a problem. That seemed to be the major problem that pussy reviewers had. The focus was on the story this time, and I loved it. Hideo Nakata did a great job IMO.

Oh, and get this shit. The local newspaper (Providence Journal) had two GLARING LIES in their review. First they said that Rachel has to save Aidan from the tape... the tape is destroyed by her in the first half hour or so. Then he said that Sissy Spacek's character Evelyn killed Samara. This guy shouldn't be reviewing movies; he is mentally retarded. He probably never even saw the first movie. He said that the sneak preview he went to had a ton of teenage girls who said they loved the first movie because it was so scary and BOOED at the end of this movie. He thinks that they actually have a valid opinion. Guy should be shot.

WARNING
This post contains SPOILERS!!!

The Ring 2 is one of the worst movie experiences I've ever had. I loved the original and expected this movie to at least be as good.

But then again maybe that's why I thought it was so bad.

Te movie just... ugh!! It had no redeeming qualities, as far as I'm concerned. In a lot of ways, it seemed to undermine the first movie. And my god, am I sick and tired of the STUPID, STUPID protagonists!

"Gawd, my son's like totally dying of some weird stuff and like, he's like so like cold and like, gawd there's this like crazy spirit chick after him. You know what? I'm going to let this dude I barely know watch my son in the tub while I go like get my things and like go all the way home and just like leave him there n stuff, kay?"

UGHHHHHHHH

"Don't stop." says the freaky kid with the established borderline psychic powers. What does his mother do? Stops the car. DUR!!

And don't even let me get started on the horid, horrid pacing.

No offense to the OP at all, but I (along with the audience I was with, well at least those who stayed longer than half the movie) thought it was a total pile.

And the cheesiness... Ugh. The Ring 2 offended me LOL

But again, maybe because I was expecting a good movie.

[quote name='smellhasreturned']so did that little boy turn into samara ? (im not gonna watch it)[/quote]

Spoilers for people other than smell:

Yes. But only in soul. He does not change into her in terms of looks or voice or anything. Probably the only real way you can tell it is definitely her is because she calls Rachel "mommy" and not "Rachel" like Aidan does. It is very subtle yet very creepy and convincing. That little boy is a good actor.

ratedpeej is right about Rachel being fucktarded, though. God she is stupid.

I enjoyed it but that's probably cuz I"m like a black guy and I talked through the movie and was laughing out loud at some parts including the one with The Deer. It wasn't as scary as the first which I liked cuz I'm a pussy.

[quote name='goukill1120']I enjoyed it but that's probably cuz I"m like a black guy and I talked through the movie and was laughing out loud at some parts including the one with The Deer. It wasn't as scary as the first which I liked cuz I'm a pussy.[/quote]

We had a huge problem with people talking and laughing in Boogeyman and in Madia(Diary of a mad balck woman), the customers were coming and demanding their money back so I got stuck with hundreds of voids a night.

I hate people who can't shut up in the movies. If you watch the Ring 2 to get scared you'll be disappointed, but overall i found the story pretty good.

I personally don't mind if people talk during movies, unless they're talking to me. Not to mention the theater that I go to is so loud you couldn't hear it anyway. They seriously have one of the most insane sond systems ever, I leave a little more deaf each time.

So i'm watching this right now.. it just got past the deer part and stuff in the house was going bonkers.. i'm fighting every fiber of my being right now that screams "turn it off!", because this movie sucks. Badly. But I'm going to suffer through this, hopefully it gets better..

[quote name='Scorch']So i'm watching this right now.. it just got past the deer part and stuff in the house was going bonkers.. i'm fighting every fiber of my being right now that screams "turn it off!", because this movie sucks. Badly. But I'm going to suffer through this, hopefully it gets better..[/QUOTE]

i watched the first five minutes with my gf around 9 and she got scared :roll: :lol: either that or she just wanted to watch the oc s2 really bad...so we watched the first two episodes of that :whistle2:# :cool:

Yeah, after seeing Dark Water, it's obvious that they ripped off that movie (Dark Water is a remake of the Japanese Dark Water, this movie is NOT a remake of the Japanese Ring 2).

Yeah, after seeing Dark Water, it's obvious that they ripped of that movie (Dark Water is a remake of the Japanese Dark Water, this movie is NOT a remake of the Japanese Ring 2).

OMG. i spent 10 bucks on dark water and ive been pissed ever since. that was one of the shittiest horror movies ever.

So, (thank god) it's done. This really sucks because I wasn't able to see it in the theatre and despite what other people have said, I've been waiting forever.

That said, it sucked hardcore. The movie might've held ground by itself, but storyline wise, it made NO sense.

First off, the beginning. I laughed when the chick fell for the guy's lies and cheesy lines. But here's what I don't get. Since when is it okay to get someone else to watch the tape? They made it sound like if he watched it, as long as he got someone else to watch it in seven days, he'd be fine. This makes no sense because.. well, number one, it wasn't in the original, and number two, Samara only wants to kill. She wants everyone to die. Having someone else watch it to "pass the curse" on and not kill the other person is pointless.

Second. Since when the hell can she control electricity? The TV, ok, sure. It's a movie, i'll believe that, but when lights in the entire room flicker.. come on.

Third.. yeah, she possesses (big word) Aiden in the hospital. I noticed this from the first time he said "Mommy". What I don't understand.. "Let me show you something" and he concentrates and the psychiatrist injects herself with air, thus killing herself. I understand that he/she/it made the psychiatrist kill herself, but again, Samara didn't want random deaths, she wanted people that saw the tape to die. She wanted people to live in fear for seven days, just like she had at the bottom of the well.

Fourth.. what, did they TiVO the fucking tape or something? The tape was destroyed. This should've put Samara in spirit form and she should NOT have used a TV anymore.

Fifth.. the deer.. what the fuck? Okay, sure, far fetched, why the hell not, but don't you think they could've made the CG a little more.. oh.. I don't know.. believable?

Sixth.. since when the hell is she a ghost.. and furthermore, why would drowning Aiden rid his body of her spirit? Hello, she's a ghost.. even if the host dies, she could still live on inside his body.

Seventh.. she just wanted a mommy? What the fuck? No, she wanted revenge, and Rachel's weak-ass "I'm not your fucking mommy" line was extremely out of place and uncalled for.

I was happy at the end.. until she woke up. I was hoping Samara would kill Rachel and Aiden.

Don't get me wrong. I love The Ring. I have it on DVD. I have the VHS tape of it just because it has an awesome case. I have the death video they watched on a seperate VHS tape. But my god, this movie made no sense and blew extremely hard. Seriously. I paid a little over $4 to rent it and I feel ripped off. I wish I would've used my free rental coupon to get it, but i'm saving that for Hulk this weekend.

In short, this movie blew, avoid it. Just re-watch the first Ring.

Read Spiral by Koji Suzuki (and his book Ring before that). That book is fuckING AWESOME and gives the TRUE story of what happens after the first movie since it is the original.

[quote name='Scorch']So, (thank god) it's done. This really sucks because I wasn't able to see it in the theatre and despite what other people have said, I've been waiting forever.

That said, it sucked hardcore. The movie might've held ground by itself, but storyline wise, it made NO sense.

First off, the beginning. I laughed when the chick fell for the guy's lies and cheesy lines. But here's what I don't get. Since when is it okay to get someone else to watch the tape? They made it sound like if he watched it, as long as he got someone else to watch it in seven days, he'd be fine. This makes no sense because.. well, number one, it wasn't in the original, and number two, Samara only wants to kill. She wants everyone to die. Having someone else watch it to "pass the curse" on and not kill the other person is pointless.

Second. Since when the hell can she control electricity? The TV, ok, sure. It's a movie, i'll believe that, but when lights in the entire room flicker.. come on.

Third.. yeah, she possesses (big word) Aiden in the hospital. I noticed this from the first time he said "Mommy". What I don't understand.. "Let me show you something" and he concentrates and the psychiatrist injects herself with air, thus killing herself. I understand that he/she/it made the psychiatrist kill herself, but again, Samara didn't want random deaths, she wanted people that saw the tape to die. She wanted people to live in fear for seven days, just like she had at the bottom of the well.

Fourth.. what, did they TiVO the fucking tape or something? The tape was destroyed. This should've put Samara in spirit form and she should NOT have used a TV anymore.

Fifth.. the deer.. what the fuck? Okay, sure, far fetched, why the hell not, but don't you think they could've made the CG a little more.. oh.. I don't know.. believable?

Sixth.. since when the hell is she a ghost.. and furthermore, why would drowning Aiden rid his body of her spirit? Hello, she's a ghost.. even if the host dies, she could still live on inside his body.

Seventh.. she just wanted a mommy? What the fuck? No, she wanted revenge, and Rachel's weak-ass "I'm not your fucking mommy" line was extremely out of place and uncalled for.

I was happy at the end.. until she woke up. I was hoping Samara would kill Rachel and Aiden.

Don't get me wrong. I love The Ring. I have it on DVD. I have the VHS tape of it just because it has an awesome case. I have the death video they watched on a seperate VHS tape. But my god, this movie made no sense and blew extremely hard. Seriously. I paid a little over $4 to rent it and I feel ripped off. I wish I would've used my free rental coupon to get it, but i'm saving that for Hulk this weekend.

In short, this movie blew, avoid it. Just re-watch the first Ring.[/QUOTE]

the ring 2 sounds a lot like dark shitty water.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Read Spiral by Koji Suzuki (and his book Ring before that). That book is fuckING AWESOME and gives the TRUE story of what happens after the first movie since it is the original.[/QUOTE]

I hope it's not any relation to the movie Spiral (aka Uzumaki in Japan).

bread's done
Back