Keleapee, Slopro, and Plunkers!

sporegif20080614235511gy8.gif
sporegif20080615003422dm7.gif
sporegif20080615011743tc6.gif

Bigger:
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/8426/crekeleapee067e5acefulug9.png

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9879/creslorpo067e5ad0fulnq8.png

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5629/creplukers067e7304fulpj3.png

[quote name='dtarasev']Hint: Spin the universe really fast.

I was messing around with it and I was surprised by the result.[/quote]
One of the best easter eggs ever!

[quote name='Serik']heh at least no one here has made a penis creature yet.[/quote]Self-portraits are too egotistical for my liking. I am above such things.

Heh.

Tistical.

So all I have to say is wow, this is going to become my new crack, lol.

I spend like 20 minutes with it and had some fun, but I haven't had a chance to really get into it. Hopefully tomorrow I will. I am just so amazed at how awesome this is, I love it. :applause:

Anyone know how much the full creator will take to install? I am really tempted to buy this on Tuesday if my GS has it.

[quote name='Kaleido Katie']I tried to make Rygel from Farscape :lol:

rygelwz3.png

Real Rygel:
farscaperygelma0.jpg
[/quote]
That's a pretty good Rygel.

How do you change the body? I can make it longer, but the program doesn't give me an option to make it fatter.

Can't wait until the real Spore game comes out.

Thanks, Kaijufan!

[quote name='ananag112']How do you change the body? I can make it longer, but the program doesn't give me an option to make it fatter.

Can't wait until the real Spore game comes out.[/quote]

When you highlight parts on the spine use your scrolly thing on your mouse to make it bigger or smaller.

[quote name='Kaleido Katie']Thanks, Kaijufan!

When you highlight parts on the spine use your scrolly thing on your mouse to make it bigger or smaller.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for the help.

Played around with the trial for about an hour and now I'm contemplating shelling out the $10 for it.

Same, Dl'ed the trial before I left. And 4 hours left of work... bleh...

But, I'm considering just buying the $10 creator and not playing the trial. Will this spoil Spore?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']But, I'm considering just buying the $10 creator and not playing the trial. Will this spoil Spore?[/quote]
No...this isn't a game as much as it is just a set of tools for creating a creature, just as the title would imply. There isn't any actual gameplay. You can use a wide array of options to design your creature then have it do a series of poses and emotes. Also, you can take pictures of your creations and also create animated gifs and video clips all within the program itself.

It's really just a teaser application, but a really good one.

I'm considering slapping down 10 bucks for this, but I am sad that it was pushed back a day. I have to work a double shift tomorrow, but I have today off :(

Has anyone with the trial been able to re-size the body (i.e. make it fatter)?

It seems like the length of the creature is limited as well in the demo.

[quote name='Mattte']Has anyone with the trial been able to re-size the body (i.e. make it fatter)?

It seems like the length of the creature is limited as well in the demo.[/QUOTE]

Use your mouse scroll wheel.

Uh, every time I try to launch to trial it goes through the first screen (the ESRB, company screen) and then goes to my desktop. No error message, not even reduce in speed of my computer (so its obviously not running)...

Is there something I have to do in order for it to run?

[quote name='Sporadic']Use your mouse scroll wheel.[/quote]

Been trying that, I clicked (and held) down one of the vertebrae, scrolled the wheel and nothing is happening.

EDIT: Ugh...just read you don't click just hover over it...going to try that out in a bit.

Ugh... it won't run. I got the first screen to fade into the EA logo, but then it went back to my desktop.

It looks like the EA Download Manager says, "Command Portal is in use by PreInit" for a split second before launching the game and then shutting it off 5 seconds later.

I hate PC's nothing ever works.

Dark, several people are reporting that EA's dumbass Download Manager is causing problems with the Creature Creator. I'd never install any EA software besides the games themselves; given EA's abysmal track record, they're bound to be buggy and shitty.

I wasnt even really interested in Spore until this, but this might have just convinced me to buy the full game when it comes out :) Heres one of my creations:
2mes3gm.gif

I somehow had the timing like PERFECT for the roll.

[quote name='Serik']Dark, several people are reporting that EA's dumbass Download Manager is causing problems with the Creature Creator. I'd never install any EA software besides the games themselves; given EA's abysmal track record, they're bound to be buggy and shitty.[/quote]

Yea, thanks. I deleted all the EA stuff. Now it works, it was shutting my damn game down...

The creator is fantastic. I will purchase the 10 buck thing if it adds fur and more animal faces.

I really want fur!

The trail is very fun. But I'm still going to hold off untill the full version comes out. I'm afraid if I get the CC I'll be burned out of the game by the time the full verison cmoes out.

Yeah, too bad the full Creature Creator isn't free. That'd be a great way of promoting the game without seeming like penny pinching assholes.

Is the EA Download Manager required for anything? Between that and the horrible DRM scheme that's bound to be included with Spore, I might hold off...

[quote name='Serik']Yeah, too bad the full Creature Creator isn't free. That'd be a great way of promoting the game without seeming like penny pinching assholes.

Is the EA Download Manager required for anything? Between that and the horrible DRM scheme that's bound to be included with Spore, I might hold off...[/quote]
Seriously. Why the heck isn't it free.

It'd get people excited and want to get their creature in the real game.

I seriously believe we'll only get fur with an expansion pack. Wouldn't put that past EA.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea, thanks. I deleted all the EA stuff. Now it works, it was shutting my damn game down...

The creator is fantastic. I will purchase the 10 buck thing if it adds fur and more animal faces.

I really want fur![/QUOTE]
I got this "command portal" message too. How were you able to get it working? I'm getting it after downloading the full version from the evil EA Download Manager (because I bought it online at EA store).
Download manager changes from installing to having a play button, and then gives the "Command Portal is in use by preinit" when I try to launch.

I guess EA is cracking down on the inappropriate creatures now and you get a warning basically telling you that if you do it again you get banned.

[quote name='Scrubsy']I guess EA is cracking down on the inappropriate creatures now and you get a warning basically telling you that if you do it again you get banned.[/quote]

Seriously what did they expect?

Is anyone else having trouble with the trial freezing up when you save?? I'm not sure if it is the game or my computer (I wouldn't doubt that it is my computer), but whenever I tried to save and quit with a creature that I haven't saved yet, it just goes to a black screen with the loading cursor. Then when I try to exit, it gives me a warning saying that if I quit, my creature will be gone(and it is). :whistle2:? Other than that, I think this is great :)

bread's done
Back