Spore PC download $5.99 at amazon.com

Wow that is pretty cheap...it got a lot of hate for being too simple and casual but also the dreaded DRM. But for 6 bucks...im about to spend almost double that on my lunch break....

This is tempting... but I may still wait for Steam to put in on sale around this price at some point in the future so I can avoid that Securom crap on my pc.

Anyone know if there's a way to buy from Amazon on the cheap, but then register the copy with Steam so I can install with them, rather than SecurROM?

i thought it doesn't make a difference if you have it on steam if the retail game has DRM. i know steam versions of splinter cell and assassin's creed 2 both say "active internet connection" required.

I'm also in the boat of kinda wanting to try this but won't until it shows up sub-$10 on Steam. In fact I might be extra cheap and try waiting for the complete bundle to go $10 or under. I already know I won't particularly like the gameplay, I just always kinda wanted the game to fly around and see what random player created stuff pops up.

bread's done
Back