Spot/Street Pass 3DS

Achilles00

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
OK, just a a couple of quick questions for the more experienced 3DS users.  

First, I recently picked up Fire Emblem (which is a lot of fun) and I noticed that there's something in the manual about "meeting other players' teams, fight[ing] them, and buy[ing] items from them."  

So, in order for this function to work, do I need to have the Fire Emblem cartridge in my 3DS system, or do I just need to have created data for StreetPass and enabled the feature? I'll be going to Comic-Con next week, so I imagine that I'll encounter a ton of people.  I know that Fire Emblem isn't the only game to use Spot/StreetPass, so I just don't know if I'll receive data for ALL of my Spot/StreetPass-supported 3DS games or just whatever I last played or whatever cartridge is in my system.

Also, the manual talks about receive[ing] new maps, items, and teams" through SpotPass.  What's the difference between StreetPass and SpotPass?  

Thanks a lot--your feedback is appreciated. I haven't really messed with any of my 3DS' functions, but Fire Emblem has me curious.

Streetpass save the data on your SD card, so you don't need the cartridge.  But bring your cart since you can only have 50 at a time and they will fill up fast.

Streetpass save the data on your SD card, so you don't need the cartridge. But bring your cart since you can only have 50 at a time and they will fill up fast.
Thanks. What about games like Mario Land 3D and Mario Kart? Do you get anything meaningful for those games? I recall getting things like ammo for Resident Evil Revelations in the past. Also, what is SpotPass?

Thanks again.

In SM3D Land you get item houses. So a mushroom house will show up with someone's Mii on it, and you can get a star coin or some 1 ups. Other people's finish times for the courses will also appear. I think in Mario Kart you get ghosts of other people's races, so you can try and beat their time. I never bothered to look closely.

All of this works without having the cartridge in.

Spotpass is Nintendo's dumb word for "the internet." They send out swords and bows for Fire Emblem every Thursday. Set up your wireless, leave your 3DS in standby (on and closed) and you'll get them. I don't think it has to be on at that time, I just keep mine on the dock and they just always show up on Thursday.

Also FYI you can only keep 10 people in your mii plaza at once, so be sure to check your device regularly (every hour? few hours? dunno).

Last edited by a moderator:
^ thanks for the info. Helps clear it up a bit. Have you received anything worthwhile on Fire Emblem? The insert suggests you get maps.

While I'm at it, how do you beat the Mii heroes/quest game or whatever it's called? I got to the final boss, have had a couple of dozen Miis fight him, but still can't beat him.

The final boss has 0 defense and no shield so all you need to do is keep attacking with Miis.  No gimmick there unlike some of the rooms.

Also, for Mario Kart, if the SpotPass guy has kart parts that you don't (except golden parts) you will get them if you beat them in a GP race.

Yep, got a lot of great kart parts that way, and it adds some replayability to the game too beyond single playet or online. Same goes for SM3DL, I had fun setting crazy fast times in levels (and beating other peoples times) and sending those times over StreetPass. Same with NSBM2 in the coin challenge levels.

System Update and Plaza Update are now available for North America, bringing many a games and hats.  Also new Puzzles, if you've completed some of the older ones.  Which ones I'm not sure of yet.

System Update and Plaza Update are now available for North America, bringing many a games and hats. Also new Puzzles, if you've completed some of the older ones. Which ones I'm not sure of yet.
1. I got 2 3DS's, 1 got a "Nintendo Starlet" puzzle only and the other got a "Skyward Sword" one only.

2. Also, What does the "Exchange Booth" do? IF its another streetpass thing, I'll have to wait a while to test it out.

3. The new 4 games have to be bought from eShop anyone know if we get anything like more hats for our Mii if we progress through them?

The Exchange Booth is where you get the hats. As you progress through the games, you get tickets to exchange for one of four hats that change every day.

Gotta say, I love all these games. Far better than Find Mii. I like how cheerful my group is in Warrior's Way and I like the dig at Find Mii in Monster Mansion.

EDIT: Also, they got rid of the total possible pieces to collect in Puzzle Swap. Now you only see the number of pieces you have only.

I noticed the "sales bunny" mentions a bundle for the 4 games for $14.99. Bunny mentions the bundle price when you tell it you're ready to buy a game. (Applies to North America only). Does it mention the bundle in the eShop? I didn't go to the eShop, just went straight to Mii Plaza, updated Mii Plaza and then bought the bundle from the sales bunny.

I am digging the games a lot!  I was apprehensive at first. Clever girl....

OK, so it's not new hats each day.

Also, if you use a Special Mii in Mii Force as the lead Mii Weapon Pod, you get a bonus mini Weapon Pod.

I can tell getting through all these are gonna be real fun at Otakon...

For the people that downloaded the new Mii games, are the Miis that you streetpass usable in more than 1 game or is it one and done?  Say you run into three people with streetpass on, can those three be used for each game on that particular visit, or are we limited to one Mii for one game before they leave like it was when we just had Find Mii.  Hope that question was clear.

You can use them in all 4 games and find mii. I was wondering this as well after I bought all 4 games last night. I confirmed it lady after 4 street passes.

Hence why it's going to be hell going through Otakon with these. It was hard enough keeping up with it just on Puzzle Swap.

Thanks golfer, definitely buying now.  It's a shame that it's probably still capped at 10 Miis in the plaza.  It should definitely be raised now that we have more to do with them.

I think they Mentioned in the latest nintedno direct that if you update and visit a nintendo zone location Mc Donalds, Strabucks that have this setup you will get a streetpass form the last person that was there.

My thinking is "just one person"? why not the last 5?

They should up the amount you can have in the mii plaza.

http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/nintendozone for locations near you

i looked up my area and this included a barnes and noble and a Ruby Tuesdays... strange

bread's done
Back