Sprint, Contract Extensions, Phone Returns

PhantomaZero

CAGiversary!
I recently renewed my contract for another two years so I could get an LG Rumor for free. Ordered and on its way. However, I've been reading some stuff online about the Samsung Rant and it seems to be a better phone overall. Definitely liking the keyboard more, etc.

I'm willing to return the Rumor for a Rant and pay the difference, but I'm wondering if Sprint will allow this? If yes, am I going to be subject to some hidden fees or whatever else? I'd call customer service to inquire about this right now but its 12:00AM so I guess I'd bring it up here first.

And feel free to add your opinions about either phone.

You should have 30 days or something for satisfaction on the handset. You also could call in and play dumb and say you ordered the RANT in the first place.

Did you have to upgrade your plan to a more expensive one? I'm pretty much right near my renew date. Still undecided too.

I just agreed to stay with Sprint for two more years, but I didn't have to change the type of plan I was using.

Hmm... so was it an older plan? I was under the impression if you didn't change your plan to a "new/updated" plan then they'd charge you for the phone. I guess I'll have to go look and ask.

Yeah my plan doesn't exist anymore, but they didn't give me any fuss over it. I know that the SERO kids have been able to keep their old plans too.

Hmm... well, pray for me that I can keep mine because it's much better than the current ones. Hopefully I can get a phone too...

Hope your situation works out too. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='PhantomaZero']
I'm willing to return the Rumor for a Rant and pay the difference, but I'm wondering if Sprint will allow this? If yes, am I going to be subject to some hidden fees or whatever else? I'd call customer service to inquire about this right now but its 12:00AM so I guess I'd bring it up here first.
[/quote]

Sprint gives you 30 days switch phones or plans without penalty.

Personally, I can't wait to break my contract w/o an ETF come January 1.

:bouncy:

bread's done
Back