Sprint phones

RiCeBo1

CAGiversary!
Currently have T-Mobile, but contract is about to expire on the 22nd of this month. Looking to switch over to Sprint since a lot of people I know have Sprint and that means mobile to mobile minutes. But which Sprint phone is good for under $200 (after rebates and stuff)? I was thinking about the LG Fusic (aka the iPod phone), plus I heard it's a really good phone from some people at Radio Shack. But how about that slim Samsung which looks like the black Razr?

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Currently have T-Mobile, but contract is about to expire on the 22nd of this month. Looking to switch over to Sprint since a lot of people I know have Sprint and that means mobile to mobile minutes. But which Sprint phone is good for under $200 (after rebates and stuff)? I was thinking about the LG Fusic (aka the iPod phone), plus I heard it's a really good phone from some people at Radio Shack. But how about that slim Samsung which looks like the black Razr?[/QUOTE]

LG LX-350 is a very good phone, the Fusic that you mentinod is also a good phone. The problem with alot of the new thin phones is battery, and durability issues no matter the make or model.

I own the slim Samsung (A900). It's a great phone, but the battery is poor (3 hrs). Plus, it only has 50 megs of storage and no memory card slot. However, it is power vision enabled, has a great screen and looks better than the Razr when comparing slim phones.

The Fusic is probably Sprints best phone, but the face plates look bad, IMO. You get an MP3 player, FM transmitter, micro SD slot. If I were you I might wait a few more weeks until some of the newer Motorola phones (Razr V3m, Slvr7c, Krazr, etc.) hit Sprint's network.

You can always try to email Ecare or call customer service and request SERO, I think you have upto 90 days to change your plan. I emailed Ecare once and they switched my plan to a SERO plan. There's a great website all about Sprint at www.sprintusers.com They have excellent forums.

I don't know if this applies to Sprint as well, but since they merged or something, Nextel has been terrible. Can someone verify if Sprint has become horrible as well?

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Thanks UGamer, but it says it doesn't work for shared plans[/QUOTE]
Yeah, family plans are a no-go. You should have indicated that in your first post.

I just added a second line to my Sprint account a couple weeks ago and got the Sanyo Katana for free. It's a nice phone, basically a Razr clone. The screen is huge and very bright. My only issue with it is that even at full volume, certain ringers aren't very loud. For a free phone, though, I'm certainly not going to complain.

I don't like the Katana, there aren't enough features. It's either the KRZR or the Fusic. Also, where's the cheapest place to get these phones? Like online or actually in a Sprint store? I would go to asian shops but they only have T-Mobile :lol:

You should try costco if you are a member there. Although I got a T-Mobile plan there, they were also offering verizon and sprint accounts. They might have a good deal with sprint, like they did with t-mobile (buy one get one free phones, free activiation, free car charger).

I did check with Costco, but they don't carry the Fusic or the KRAZR, but they do have the Samsung A900 (which I don't really want but would take it if I had to get a phone from them).

How's www.wirefly.com for getting new plans and phones?

I just got rid of my Sprint phone a couple of months ago after enduring 2+ years of agonizing service. It sucked something terrible. Good luck with your search though.

[quote name='MidnightRain']I just added a second line to my Sprint account a couple weeks ago and got the Sanyo Katana for free. It's a nice phone, basically a Razr clone. The screen is huge and very bright. My only issue with it is that even at full volume, certain ringers aren't very loud. For a free phone, though, I'm certainly not going to complain.[/QUOTE]
I have a Katana too. How's the battery life on yours, I think there might be something wrong with mine. One day the battery barely lasts a few hours, other times I can go for two days without charging. Meanwhile, one time, it lasted 4 days, with a lot of calls placed on it, and still had 2 bars of battery life.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Can you have 2 seperate lines with SERO under the same person?[/QUOTE]

I am almost certain you can not, make sure if you get a phone with the SERO it has EVDO capability as this is free with the SERO plan. I have a Treo 700p and love the fast connection times, also there are programs out there that allow you to thether your phone ( use phone as a modem, especially handy for laptops ).

[quote name='scdoanintendo']I am almost certain you can not, make sure if you get a phone with the SERO it has EVDO capability as this is free with the SERO plan. I have a Treo 700p and love the fast connection times, also there are programs out there that allow you to thether your phone ( use phone as a modem, especially handy for laptops ).[/QUOTE]
How did you get your SERO plan? Did you just walk into a Sprint store and asked a rep to hook you up? I was planning on doing this but I don't think they would do it.

bread's done
Back