Sprint/Skate 2 Contest: Win Free MS Points

[quote name='bigsakis25']Nooooooooooo! I have late again!!!
If anyone can help me please pm me a code.[/QUOTE]

...what? The contest is still going. Just text or email to try to win. And I really doubt that someone will give you $10 for free.

Anyways with text messaging, if you win, will you receive one message saying that your entered, followed by one message saying you won? Or do you just get a winning message?

[quote name='bigsakis25']If I send an email what should I write as a subject?[/QUOTE]
It does not matter. You can leave it blank, or something like "SPRINT NOW FOR MICROSOFT POINTS" (the name of the promotion). Either way, if your entry is received, and your address/IP is not blacklisted, you will get a response shortly thereafter thanking you for entering the contest. Be sure to check you SPAM/Bulk folder just in case.

Also, keep in mind that this promotion is restricted to US residents only. If your phone or email/IP address is not registered in the US, then you may not get entered.

[quote name='Mirpkered']Finally seems that they found the code they were going to send me and they sent me a text message with my code. It seems that you can win multiple times from email. Is this also true with a cell phone?[/QUOTE]
I am fairly certain it is limited to one win per email, and one win per phone.

Go back and re-read the posts and I think you will find that the people that posted multiple wins were using multiple emails/phones.

Unless you have unlimited txt'ing, I wouldn't bother with phones that have won.

[quote name='A Gamer']It does not matter. You can leave it blank, or something like "SPRINT NOW FOR MICROSOFT POINTS" (the name of the promotion). Either way, if your entry is received, and your address/IP is not blacklisted, you will get a response shortly thereafter thanking you for entering the contest. Be sure to check you SPAM/Bulk folder just in case.

Also, keep in mind that this promotion is restricted to US residents only. If your phone or email/IP address is not registered in the US, then you may not get entered.

I am fairly certain it is limited to one win per email, and one win per phone.

Go back and re-read the posts and I think you will find that the people that posted multiple wins were using multiple emails/phones.

Unless you have unlimited txt'ing, I wouldn't bother with phones that have won.[/QUOTE]
actually i won multiple times w/ same email. I also have some emails blacklisted when i tried to send multiples w/ different names on the same day at different times. I wonder how the hell can they know your ip address.

[quote name='Bill Mcdougal']You are cheating, so what do you expect?[/QUOTE]

How is it cheating...I was under the impression that you could enter once per day per email or phone

[quote name='decrot']... I wonder how the hell can they know your ip address.[/QUOTE]
Most mail servers will include the sender's IP address in the mail headers. Send yourself an email and look at the raw headers. In most cases you will see your computer's IP in the first Received tag (i.e. the last one in the list) in the headers.

I'm wondering if these codes are really expiring on June 30 2010... I'm thinking they might have mistyped the year and the points could disappear on June 30 2009 just like in the McDonalds promotion. Many nice things coming out the end of this year, the next GTA4 expansion, etc, would hate to see the invalid code error message pop up. :)

[quote name='quiznosrox']I'm wondering if these codes are really expiring on June 30 2010... I'm thinking they might have mistyped the year and the points could disappear on June 30 2009 just like in the McDonalds promotion. Many nice things coming out the end of this year, the next GTA4 expansion, etc, would hate to see the invalid code error message pop up. :)[/QUOTE]
The promotion goes until June 28, so having the points expire on June 30th would suck for those final winners... :roll:

Go to: https://billing.microsoft.com/ and log in (if you aren't allready logged into live)...

Click on 'Points' and see what it says...

Supposedly, if they were to expire on June 30th, 2009 they would be showing up there now since it is less than 30 days... And, they don't.

Also, I am fairly sure I still have points left from that in my account from the McDonalds promotion, and it does not show anything expiring. My guess is that this is just a ploy by MS to get you to spend your points rather than bank them.

Also, 5thfinger has some additional promotions coming up in July, Aug and Sep that also had June 30 2010 as the expiration on those points. Again, if they actually ever expire.

When do my Microsoft Points expire?
Purchased points don't expire. Any points you get through promotions can have expiration dates. Typically, points expire within thirty days of the date you get them. To view any points in your account that have expiration dates, go to the Billing and Account Management page, sign in with your Windows Live ID, and then click Microsoft Points under Stored Credits. If you have points that are expiring in the next thirty days, you can click View expiring points to view the points and their expiration dates.

Note

You can only see points that are expiring in the next 30 days.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
How do I use my expiring Microsoft Points first?

Promotional points with expiration dates are automatically redeemed first before purchased points.

True that:

screenshot002zaf.png

[quote name='Mizzou75']do they text/email you and let you know if you lose? this is my first day trying and i havent gotten any messages either way[/QUOTE]
You should get a confirmation that your email/txt was received within a minute or two... Then you have to wait and see if you won points that day... Re-enter every day...

If you don't get the confirmation email/txt, then your phone/email is not allowed (US residents only), or you have been blacklisted for messing with previous 5th finger promotions, or your entry was considered invalid for some other reason.

I've never gotten a message if I won by text but I think it might be that they charge you and I have that setting set off for like Edge or maybe idk.

Thats what I would think too but 2 our of 3 times I've won with cell phones had been entered around 7:30 pm cst. Maybe a bunch of people enter earlier in the day or something. I think the other one was entered between 9 am and 10 am cst.

[quote name='help1']I won two times. Thanks OP! To increase your odds of winning, enter earlier in the day.[/QUOTE]

I enter when I wake up in the morning, around 6am EST and havent won anything.

[quote name='life.exe']I enter when I wake up in the morning, around 6am EST and havent won anything.[/QUOTE]
the day starts at 12am pdt for the contest, so theres that.

But I won all 4 times at 6am, so hang in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SolidMetal']Bah well yet again no codes >.>
Can someone please give me a code since your all supposedly "wining."[/QUOTE]

STOP ****ING ASKING FOR CODES. I mean, come on. I'm not going to go back and look but that must be like the third time you are begging for codes in this thread. ENOUGH!

I've been emailing everyday and got my gf to text about everyday (she forgets sometimes..) and I haven't won yet. Not everybody wins. Stop crying.

I've been entering at random times for the last 5 ish days, and I won the most times when I entered at 4:20 am. EST. All my winning codes have come to me at 3 PM EST.

[quote name='Nimrod4431']STOP ****ING ASKING FOR CODES. I mean, come on. I'm not going to go back and look but that must be like the third time you are begging for codes in this thread. ENOUGH!

I've been emailing everyday and got my gf to text about everyday (she forgets sometimes..) and I haven't won yet. Not everybody wins. Stop crying.[/QUOTE]
hahahaha someones alittle suck up to the winners eh?

SolidMetal you have to see his point you have begged for codes on here multiple times and not only is it against the rules of this board but it's true you can't win every contest and if I obviously had won multiple codes I don't think I'd give you one because begging is usually frowned upon by general society and it seems like you still need to learn this.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']anyone know when the points expire?[/QUOTE]

Copied from the winning e-mail you receive:

On behalf of Sprint, Congratulations! You won 800 Microsoft Points! To redeem, the code below either through the Marketplace tab on your Xbox 360 or at https://live.xbox.com/en-US/accounts/RedeemToken.aspx

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Microsoft Points awarded in this Sweepstakes will expire from a user’s account at 11:59pm PT on June 30, 2010. Any portion of the awarded Microsoft Points not used by this expiration date will be removed from the user’s account. Content purchased wil l not expire.

For more information, please see FAQ on Xbox LIVE Marketplace here: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/FAQ.htm
For more information on Microsoft Points, please view the following link: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/microsoftpoints.htm

Microsoft and Sprint use the personal information you have provided to administer the sweepstakes. We will not share the information you provide with third parties without your permission except where necessary to complete the services or transactions you have requested, or as required by law.

If you have questions about our use of your information, please contact us by sending email [email protected].

[quote name='macontosh2000']I won today and i am having issues entering my code.

Is anyone else having problems entering codes.[/QUOTE]
Naw man, mine worked perfectly fine. What error message are you getting? If you tried to do it earlier today, it probably didn't work because XBLM was malfunctioning.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']Naw man, mine worked perfectly fine. What error message are you getting? If you tried to do it earlier today, it probably didn't work because XBLM was malfunctioning.[/QUOTE]

First time i tried it on the xbox site and it said something like "this code cannot be redeemed at this time"

I then tried it on the 360 and it said this promotion has ended.

I just tried it on the xbox site again and this time is said "An error has occurred during the transaction. Please try again later."

[quote name='SolidMetal']hahahaha someones alittle suck up to the winners eh?[/QUOTE]

How does this make sense? Perhaps you've had too much to drink, I'm not sure. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not sucking up to everyone. In a perfect world, everyone would win every time. Not. Going. To. Happen.

Don't get me wrong, I hope you and I win. BUT, the difference is you won't see me begging for something someone else won..

bread's done
Back