Sprint/Skate 2 Contest: Win Free MS Points

[quote name='badboysean']Can you only send 1 text and 1 email a day?[/QUOTE]
According to the rules, only one entry per day per person. But, since there is no way for them to easily link email messages to txt messages from the same person, you can effectively enter once per method.

The people that are running this promotion (5thfinger) have done a reasonably good job at detecting multiple entry attempts from the same person using different emails, which is why there are (were?) so many CAGs winning.

If you try to get around this limitation, they may black-list your email/IP address from this and future promotions. I tried lots of ways to submit a second entry after winning my code from the McDonalds promotion (also by 5thfinger) only to find that the email/IP could not be used for this promotion at all... Doh! Busted!

I've won twice now. Once about 2 weeks ago and again about 2 hours ago. Both times have been through text messages. First on my cell phone and today on my fiancee's cell.

Everyday I wake up, send an email and a text from a cell phone. Weekdays before 7am est and weekends whenever. Email confirmation has always been really spotty. Some days I get it in 5 minutes. Other days it's hours later if I get a confirmation at all. Cell phone texting has always got me a confirmation within a minute of the text.

Only advice I can share is to keep trying and send the entries as early as you can in the day.

I won during the mcdonalds promo and it had an expiration date too. I remember because I forgot to use them and remembered when this came up. Mine never did expire though. Still I''ve been using these right awaywhen I got them now. Anyways I usually enter like this. 1 per computer/network I access and 1 sms and 1 email per cell phone I own.

I think the expiration date is a scam by MS to get you (us?) to use our promotional MSP rather than to bank it. I have accounts that still have DreamCar Challenge points on them... :roll:

But, there are points that have expired (google GTA 4 UK promotion points expire), so it is technically possible...

You can find out if you have any points that are going to expire in the upcoming 30 days by visiting by the Microsoft Billing and Accounts page: https://billing.microsoft.com/points.aspx

I have never actually seen any points expire... But here is a screen cap of what it would look like: Points Expire in 30 days

[quote name='Angelwatch']I've won twice now. Once about 2 weeks ago and again about 2 hours ago. Both times have been through text messages. First on my cell phone and today on my fiancee's cell.[/QUOTE]

I've won twice, text and email.

[quote name='Angelwatch'] Everyday I wake up, send an email and a text from a cell phone. Weekdays before 7am est and weekends whenever. Email confirmation has always been really spotty. Some days I get it in 5 minutes. Other days it's hours later if I get a confirmation at all. Cell phone texting has always got me a confirmation within a minute of the text.

Only advice I can share is to keep trying and send the entries as early as you can in the day.[/QUOTE]

Yep, when I was entering, I always sent a text before class at like 6:30 AM PST, and got the confirmation like a few minutes later.

And then I always sent the email later in the day when I got home usually around 4-5 PM PST, and like Angelwatch, the confirmation was iffy with the arrival. Sometimes it'd arrive almost as soon as I sent my email out, some days it'd come the next day..., and a bunch of things in between. =/

[quote name='A Gamer']I think the expiration date is a scam by MS to get you (us?) to use our promotional MSP rather than to bank it. I have accounts that still have DreamCar Challenge points on them... :roll:

But, there are points that have expired (google GTA 4 UK promotion points expire), so it is technically possible...

You can find out if you have any points that are going to expire in the upcoming 30 days by visiting by the Microsoft Billing and Accounts page: https://billing.microsoft.com/points.aspx

I have never actually seen any points expire... But here is a screen cap of what it would look like: Points Expire in 30 days[/QUOTE]
Yea, I remember when I bought the XBL Vision Cam when it was on clearance for like $50, it said the 12 months, 200 MSP, Uno, and Robotron 2084 codes had expired like a year or so ago, and I was still able to use them totally fine.

But that screen cap, does kinda make me suspicious...

Has anyone been getting delay confirmations with this in the last few days? Normally I get a confirmation in my email with in an hour after entering. But in the last two days I entered around 6am yesterday and didn't get the confirmation until few minutes before 3pm.

Today I entered again shortly before 6am and have yet to get a confirmation and it's 3:06pm. Wondering if their having a hicup or something with the system.

Email has always been very touch and go. Sent mine this morning at 6:45 est and still no confirmation at 5pm est.

Also, I never got any confirmations from a yahoo account. When I started sending from a gmail account, I would get confirmations back.

[quote name='Angelwatch']Email has always been very touch and go. Sent mine this morning at 6:45 est and still no confirmation at 5pm est.

Also, I never got any confirmations from a yahoo account. When I started sending from a gmail account, I would get confirmations back.[/QUOTE]

Very touch and go apparently. Shortly after I posted my previous comment, I got a winning email confirmation according to the time stamp on it. Didn't find out until today when I checked it, but I still never got a email confirmation for the entry that day.

That makes win no.2 for me.:whee:

Already spent the last one on Puzzle Fighter, think I'll get Street Fighter HD since it's on sale this week. Oh and for the curious I've been using only one email for entry. No multiples and no texting. Thanks to the OP!

[quote name='macontosh2000']I won again from e-mail and again it wont let me redeem it.:cry:[/QUOTE]
That is very odd. I have been able to redeem both on the console or by using this page:

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/accounts/RedeemToken.aspx

I have heard that people had problems with the points.microsoft.com page with previous promotions, but the link above should work even for Zune marketplace (once it is in your account, you should be able to redeem there, too).

The only thing I can think of is that your console is set to a 'zone' in which the codes are not allowed. However, I have heard from both Canadian and UK users that they worked, and really should not have since the contest was for US residents only.

Or, perhaps there is something no your computer interfering. If you have a different browser on your computer you may want to try using that instead?

Otherwise, you should contact 5thfinger ([email protected]) or Microsoft (Microsoft Email Support).

If all else fails, you could PM me your code, and if it works I will send you back a code I have not redeemed. If it doesn't work, I will confirm there is something wrong with the code. Obviously a trust issue, but if it won't work for you anyway, you don't have much to loose...

But, honestly, I have a hunch there is nothing wrong with the code, but something with your account (location settings, or preferences?) that is the source of the problem. Especially if this is the second one that won't work for you. There are a lot of CAGs that have won (along with lots of people in other forums I visit), and yours is the only case I know of where the codes are not working. Very odd. And two out of two is just too much to be a coincidence.

Edit: as expected, his code worked just fine for me... :twisted:

Last edited by a moderator:
yea those emails are pretty late now. it took like 5 hours to get a confirm. haven't won lately and that sucks. but i guess i can't complain, I won 5 codes from this emailing only once a day.

If any of you guys play this but have a Wii, I'd be willing to trade $16 worth of Wii points (1600) for each 800MSP code. Please PM me if you're interested.

After the dust settled, I won a total of 5 times. The last 3 came in each day on the last 3 days of the contest. I've never been so lucky on a contest before.

well if you needed a gamertag change you should've got everyone you know to file a complain on it so you could get it changed for free , though I don't know if that works anymore but I had a friend who used to do that awhile ago

this was in regards to solidmetal*

Entered every day and when the contest finally ended, I had won twice. Both time by text message. Emails were always spotty. I actually got a confirmation two days after the contest ended.

Worked out for me. Used my points to buy the Broken Steel Expansion for Fallout 3 and Magic the Gathering: Duel of the Planeswalkers. Was very happy to save $20 on those.

I won once via email which was my first win and 4 times via sms message. Picked up somethings that I otherwise wouldn't have bought.
Picked up Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix,
Banjo Kazooie and Tooie which I still sometimes played on my N64 and didn't see a reason to spend 15 on it
Prince of Persia DLC that I heard was short and not worth the price

I helped a friend of mine win and he has never purchased anything on live. I came over to help him choose a good game and he had all ready purchased 4 music videos :|

[quote name='meatwad3000']well if you needed a gamertag change you should've got everyone you know to file a complain on it so you could get it changed for free , though I don't know if that works anymore but I had a friend who used to do that awhile ago

this was in regards to solidmetal*[/QUOTE]

You're annoying.

[quote name='SolidMetal']Never won :|[/QUOTE]

Sorry, man. Look who you're competing against:

[quote name='help1']Thanks op! I won 8 times![/QUOTE]

I know we're cheapassgamers here, but couldn't you have stuck to the amount of entries you were supposed to be allowed so that maybe people like him could have had more of a fair chance?

bread's done
Back