spun.com - 20-25% off all new and used games - $50 min.

mitch079

CAGiversary!
Works on pre-orders. MAY20 = 20% off, MAY25 = 25% off for all spunclub members (free to join so it's a no-brainer). Believe they are a sister site to wherehouse.com and secondspin.com. 1st class shipping is reasonable (4.95 usually). Good until the 28th.

http://www.spun.com/

Hope you guys get your games traded without any problems. I just ended up canceling since it sounded too risky to me to really be worth what I bought (RE5 CE).

First time post here. I jumped on this deal this past weekend also. I'm moving soon, so I figured now would be a good time to trade off some old DVDs, CDs, and games.

Most of the new games I ordered showed up the day after I received the email stating they had shipped. I also ordered 4 used games, so I'll report on the quality of those when I receive them. I'm really worried about the trade-in portion, but I went in expecting to get ripped off. I sent in about $200 worth of trade-ins. Some CD's might be lightly scratched, but my movies and games are nearly perfect. And all my trade-ins have all the artwork, so I'll post what happens when they evaluate my stuff.

I'm not opening the bulk of my order cause if they really rip me off on the trade-in, then I'll probably try to return some of the stuff. But I'll hold on to my Guitar Hero Smash Hits pre-order for $35.

Shit seemed mad suspect from the jump. Glad I didn't get in on this. Hope everyone gets their stuff w/o any major problems though.

I ordered Red Faction 3, Infamous, Prototype and 2 used PSone games on Tuesday May 26th. The 2 used games were shipped out the next day followed by Infamous the following day. I just received Infamous in a padded envelope and the 2 used games in a large box with lots of bubble wrap, packaging tape, and a prepaid shipping label (I have around $130 worth of stuff I am going to trade in). The 2 used games are near mint condition. There are very slight marks on each game, but are hardly noticable.

I will be sending my used stuff to them on Monday, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that they don't give me a hard time. I am going to take some pictures of the more expensive items I am going to ship to them and catalog the condition of all my items, such as scratches or marks before shipping them out. I will report back when I hear from spun.com about my trade-ins.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Spun.com shipped out Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (PS3) with e-mail/delivery confirmation. They haven't even charged my debit card a SINGLE penny, and I didn't even ship out the games yet.[/QUOTE]

Same here, but did you read the e-mail?

WHAT DO I DO WITH THE ITEMS I SOLD TO SPUN?

1) You will be receiving your order very soon. SAVE THE BOX!!!
You should use that box to ship your items back to Spun.com.
You will have 10 Days from the receipt of your order to ship
the items you are "selling to spun" (see #4).

2) The "Total Sold" amount above is the quote you received
on the site. It is "credit" to your Spun account for this
purchase (or for shopping at a later date). THAT CREDIT WILL
BE APPLIED WHEN WE RECEIVE YOUR DISCS AND THEY ARE CHECKED-IN.

3) Check the items you are sending to Spun for missing artwork,
skipping, major scratches or chipped discs. These items will
not be accepted and will be returned to you (upon request)
at your cost. Broken jewel boxes are OK but you will be
charged $0.25 per box.

4) Please use the box to send trade-ins. If these items are
not shipped within 30 Days of the receipt of your order,
your credit card will be charged an amount equal to the
applicable Spun credit you used in this transaction.

What's really dumb is that there was no box or shipping label to put/send the trade-ins with. It just came in a cardboard envelope...

[quote name='KrazyGunner']What's really dumb is that there was no box or shipping label to put/send the trade-ins with. It just came in a cardboard envelope...[/QUOTE]

You should have received an e-mail before your shipping confirmation. In that e-mail, they provide you a shipping label that you're supposed to print out. I got my Sacred 2 today and it came in a bubble mailer, but no shipping supplies. That's okay with me since I've got some boxes laying around that I need to get rid of anyway. Just slap the pre-paid shipping label on there and you're good to go.

Did you guys buy only new games? This is from their sell page:

• Sell 3 items or more, then buy something, and we'll provide you with a Pre-Paid Mailing Label, so that you don't have to pay for shipping your stuff to us. If you buy USED, we'll even send you a box and packing materials! (Available to U.S. customers only)

I bought 3 new and 2 used games and received a large box, tape and a prepaid label. It is kind of dumb that they only send you the materials if you buy a used item with your order. I'm not complaining, I got two PSone games for around $2.50 each with free shipping.

[quote name='earvcunanan']You should have received an e-mail before your shipping confirmation. In that e-mail, they provide you a shipping label that you're supposed to print out. I got my Sacred 2 today and it came in a bubble mailer, but no shipping supplies. That's okay with me since I've got some boxes laying around that I need to get rid of anyway. Just slap the pre-paid shipping label on there and you're good to go.[/QUOTE]

Got my copy of inFamous on Saturday (around 3 days shipping). In great shape, but no shipping label or anything. The one from the website features the words "MERCHANDISE RETURN LABEL." Is this the one you used to ship your trades to them? Sounds iffy.

OT slightly: My copy of inFamous doesn't feature anything on the wrapper or inside mentioning the Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Beta, but EVERY SINGLE COPY I've seen in stores has the sticker prominently featured on the front. Do some copies not have access to the beta? Kinda cheap if that's the case - the game just came out on Tuesday.

[quote name='jupiterjones']The one from the website features the words "MERCHANDISE RETURN LABEL." Is this the one you used to ship your trades to them? Sounds iffy.[/QUOTE]

How's that iffy? And yes, that's the one you use to ship out the games to them.

[quote name='ppunk0']
  • If you buy USED, we'll even send you a box and packing materials! (Available to U.S. customers only)
[/QUOTE] Didn't see that, I probably could have found something cheap and decent enough to pick up had I known. oh well, if I don't hear back from them soon, my order may be canceled anyways out of pure sketch-factor.

The e-mail before the shipping confirmation? Damn! I deleted that one... Also, they finally charged my card the cost of the total, $10.75 for my inFamous, after all my trade-ins which I still have not sent in because I just got it on Saturday. Oh yeah, where is the Uncharted 2 beta code, it better be with the manual...

edit: The beta codes will be announced just before the launch of the beta with further instructions down the line.

Well I got my copy of InFAMOUS today; it came in a shitty little cardboard envelope.

I had already sent out my games before I received my game and I packed them myself and paid postage to get DC. I'd recommend you guys do the same, just so they can't pull any "we never received your games" bs.

I'm going to check the bank tomorrow to make sure there were no mystery charges.

Here's a follow-up on my initial order w/Spun.

On 5/23, I placed three orders, two games and Ghostbusters on Blu-ray; I mailed my trades for Ghostbusters on Saturday, May 23. On Thursday, May 28, I received notification via e-mail that my trades had been received and I was given updated info as six of my thirty-one CDs had been reduced due to scratching. As my trade-in value far exceeded the cost of Ghostbusters, I elected to have the remainder of the balance sent to me via PayPal. A little after 1AM today, I received an e-mail from PayPal that my payout from Spun had arrived. At this point, I'm waiting for Ghostbusters, but that isn't scheduled to be released for another couple of weeks, but so far, so good.

They do seem to be a little tough on grading trades and the 75% reduction for minimal scratching seems to be a bit much, but I would rather have them grade trades in that fashion than too far the other way, so that if I buy used items from them (and I have), I know they'll be in excellent condition.

[quote name='cb4774']They do seem to be a little tough on grading trades and the 75% reduction for minimal scratching seems to be a bit much, but I would rather have them grade trades in that fashion than too far the other way, so that if I buy used items from them (and I have), I know they'll be in excellent condition.[/QUOTE]

I haven't really been following this, so it may be a stupid question, but, do they reduce the selling price of items they paid the 25% for, or do they get lumped in with the ones they paid 100% for? I.E. Do some of the used items have different buying options for "Like New", "Very Good", etc.

No, they are all just listed as used.

And if it is the same company as Wherehouse, the condition isn't always perfect. I ordered some games from Wherehouse that had stickers on the disc and very heavy scratching.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']No, they are all just listed as used.

And if it is the same company as Wherehouse, the condition isn't always perfect. I ordered some games from Wherehouse that had stickers on the disc and very heavy scratching.[/QUOTE]

They did reject one of my discs due to "heavy scratching" and it just so happens that was the one trade that I didn't check first. I subsequently placed an order with them for some used CD's and they're supposed to be sending the disc back. I don't want the disc back so much as I want to see what they consider "heavy scratching," since the majority of my discs are in excellent condition and the only scratches are those from normal wear. I'm also curious as to what the condition of the three discs that I ordered will be. I was notified today that the used discs I ordered have shipped, so I should know shortly.

[quote name='earvcunanan']How's that iffy? And yes, that's the one you use to ship out the games to them.[/QUOTE]

NOT TO BE AN ASS HERE - It's iffy because I'm not returning anything, simply trading them in and don't want any confusion when it gets there. The address on the printout seems different from the one they list on the site. I'll give it a shot regardless.

Perhaps their grading isn't as tough after all; this seems more accurate to me, as my discs generally only have a couple of surface scratches from normal use. I received the following e-mail this morning:

"Hi!

Our Warehouse manager re-checked the sell items in order #4379528. Upon
second inspection all items accept Original TV Soundtrack ~ Six Feet
Under, Vol. 2: E have been accepted at full value. A credit of $7.86 has
been added to your Spun credit.

Please contact us again if we can be of any further assistance.

Thanks,

Susan
[email protected]
www.spun.com - The Entertainment Exchange"

It appears that Susan don't know the difference between "accept" and "except," but I digress. I'm more than happy to receive the additional $7.86 that I should have received initially, but you'd think that they might double-check trades before issuing credit.

Does anyone know if you can send in brand new, shrink-wrapped items to them? Some of the stuff I'm selling is still new, and I know most places require you to open the items first, but I'm a little worried they might claim the discs are too scratched. If it's brand new, they can't give me that problem.

Apparently they sent me an e-mail telling me they canceled my pre-order for Prototype. I e-mailed them back about changing it to Red Faction: Guerrilla because I lose my discount for the cancellation.

[quote name='BMXJouster']Does anyone know if you can send in brand new, shrink-wrapped items to them? Some of the stuff I'm selling is still new, and I know most places require you to open the items first, but I'm a little worried they might claim the discs are too scratched. If it's brand new, they can't give me that problem.[/QUOTE]

I'm under the impression that you can send in items that are sealed and a few of the trades that I just recently sent in were sealed. I have yet to receive verification that those trades have been reviewed on their end.

This is from their help section:

"All cds, dvds and games purchased from our customers are considered pre-owned. Even if you haven't played it, opened it, still has the original price tag on it, etc.... Since quality counts at Spun.com, we guarantee our new items as new. To keep those standards as high as we can and make that guarantee, we can only sell items as 'new' when they're supplied by our distributors of new product."

[quote name='UlysisAM']Apparently they sent me an e-mail telling me they canceled my pre-order for Prototype. I e-mailed them back about changing it to Red Faction: Guerrilla because I lose my discount for the cancellation.[/QUOTE]

What was the reason given for the cancellation? I have it pre-ordered for the PS3 and have yet to receive a cancellation notice (knock on wood).

[quote name='cb4774']What was the reason given for the cancellation? I have it pre-ordered for the PS3 and have yet to receive a cancellation notice (knock on wood).[/QUOTE]

"Order status change notification:

This email is to notify you that there has been a status change
on one or more items on order number #------ which you recently
placed with Spun.com.

All New and Used items that we sell on Spun.com are in-stock and available
for sale at the time you placed your order. Unfortunately between the time
your order was processed and when it was sent to the warehouse to be
packaged for shipment the item(s) below became out of stock. After repeated
unsuccesful attempts to secure the product for you at this point we have
cancelled the item(s) from your order and refunded your method of payment.

Product: Preorder Placeholder
Reason: Backorder timelimit expired

Product: Prototype
Reason: Backorder timelimit expired

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have cause you."

Just to share my experience - I got in on the InFamous pre-order @ 20% off, about $47, on 5/22. I traded in 3 games (Rock band, Rock band Track Pk 2, and Gh Aerosmith - all for PS3, all new, never removed from the case) for a total trade-in of $40 + FS. I shipped the trades in on 5/27. I received InFamous on 5/30, and received notice today that all my trades were good. Everything went smoothly for me, and I'd do business w/ spun again in a heartbeat.

[quote name='gacktplays']I received my inFamous today, but there was no Uncharted Beat Code inside!?!?!
Feel so cheated....[/QUOTE]

Mine doesn't have the sticker on it either. It's a good thing you said that and I looked it up. I think I might buy a copy with the sticker and return my non-stickered one.

[quote name='lolwut?']Mine doesn't have the sticker on it either. It's a good thing you said that and I looked it up. I think I might buy a copy with the sticker and return my non-stickered one.[/QUOTE]

Ohhhh, good idea. My inFamous is on the way.

I placed a Sell order with them last nite - I plan on printing my own label instead of using the link in their email.

According to the site, you aren't supposed to get a label if you are only selling items - but you will be reimbursed when they get there. That's how it works at wherehouse.com for sure.
I'd rather use paypal shipping and get the DC# so i know it got there.

Another update:

They shipped out Red Faction: Guerrilla on 6/2/09 via first-class mail. They still haven't charged my debit card a single penny, but they also haven't received the games I've sent them last Friday (via Media Mail). Now I'm somewhat regretting not shipping it out with delivery confirmation...

I went from very pleased to very displeased with spun.com.

I ordered Eternal Sonata (PS3) new, Lost Planet (360) used, Indigo Prophecy (Xbox) used, and Max Payne 2 (Xbox) used. The main one I wanted was Eternal Sonata, ordered the others as they've been semi wants for awhile and with the coupon and shipping the total was only $12 more than Eternal Sonata would cost from a retail store.

They emailed saying the used games had shipped, but Eternal Sonata was placed on backorder. However, it was still available for sale for almost the duration of the coupon. They have now sent me an email saying Eternal Sonata would be cancelled, and that my card would be refunded the $21.36.

My two problems with this are; I was charged an extra $4 shipping for Eternal Sonata that I would not have had I just ordered the used games. Second, the original email they sent said they would not cancel Eternal Sonata for 35 days.

Seems like a bait and switch to me. Advertise a coupon and new games, then cancel the new games so people are stuck with only the used that they previously couldn' move. Evidence seems to back it up by other people's preorders being cancelled.

earvcunanan, when did you place your order? I ordered red faction as well and it still hasnt shipped. But I have recieved no cancel notice either

[quote name='fireburnerr']yay my sacred 2 game is in from spun... that game's like crack.. I was playing it for 5 hrs straight lol!!![/QUOTE]
I agree, I got it at gogamer and have been playing it quite frequently and even gotten a friend hooked through couch co-op.

I got a shipping confirmation email for Damnation, still haven't heard back from them about why I got an email about Infamous without ordering it.

New update:

So far my experience with Spun is still going well. Received all the new games that were in stock when I ordered (10 in all), received the CD I ordered, and I received all 5 used games I ordered (which all came complete and in very good condition, one had light scatches).

They received my first two trade-in orders today, and I received full credit for everything but one DVD that I shipped without double checking the UPC (it didn't match). There was a potential $154 credit in my first two orders, I received $152 - not bad at all. Hopefully the same will happen for my box of CDs, but they are not as pristine as the DVDs I traded in.

I just hope that my Guitar Hero Smash Hits pre-order doesn't get mysteriously cancelled like some of the Prototype ones have. Sorry to hear about the bad experiences, but I would definitely do business with Spun.com again - especially if they had this sale again.

[quote name='fireburnerr']yay my sacred 2 game is in from spun... that game's like crack.. I was playing it for 5 hrs straight lol!!![/QUOTE]

Glad I'm not the only one who thought so. My first impression of the game was very weak, but the next thing I knew I had played 22 hours in 4 days time. After I beat the story, I started a new character, but thought better of it and shipped the game back to Gamefly. Couldn't lose another week like that. I can't wait til I can find Sacred 2 cheap in the future though.

New update on the misplaced Infamous email:

[quote name='Spun CS']Hi!

Thank you for contacting Spun.com.

Sorry for that. Looks like we credited your account for the
inconvenience and delay of the game title "PLACE-HOLDER", which has
since been cancelled.

Right now it appears that the title DAMNATION shipped on 06/02/09. The
game title BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM is a pre-order yet to ship. The
expected release date on that game has been updated to 08/25/09.[/QUOTE]

looks fairly boilerplate, but I'm assuming it means that I got a credit because Damnation shipped out 5 days after release...? I don't think they'd give out a credit just because the official release date of a game got pushed back. Either way it would seem that they're saying the email was sent correctly but the name of the game was just a mistake.

EDIT: got a revised email from them that made it sound more like my order had Infamous at one point but it was canceled. Royally confused about that, but the part of the email that says what my order currently contains is correct, so I'll roll with it. Unsure as to whether or not my account has been credited so still wondering about the following. [END EDIT]

Does anyone else who got a credit know if there was an easy way to see that your account had been credited?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aenemaz']earvcunanan, when did you place your order? I ordered red faction as well and it still hasnt shipped. But I have recieved no cancel notice either[/QUOTE]

I placed my order on 5/21/09.

Got an email from them. They are not going to cancel my order, but instead or going to ship, red faction, prototype and ghostbusters all at the same time. Sucks but Im okay with it. I will just buy red faction at bb and return the one I get from spun once it comes in

Just got an e-mail back from them for the three items I sent in (two games and one blu-ray). Everything was accepted full credit....now just waiting for them to send Red Faction. Good thing I have inFAMOUS to hold me over until then, or I would probably be getting a little impatient. Definitely not going to cancel, though.

Just got an e-mail today. Wow, spun.com has been an amazing site for me! They received the games I sent them and accepted all 6 games! Once they ship out Ghostbusters (PS3), they will charge my card $36.xx. So, I traded in 6 fodder 360/Wii games, and bought Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, Red Faction: Guerrilla, and Ghostbusters. Fast and reliable shipping on the games I received as well! I have nothing but good things to say about spun.com based on my first experience with them.

My sell order finally made it to Spun after a week and four days! All my games and dvds were accepted at full price, even though some of them showed extremely minor scratching. :D

Now if they ship my items in a reasonably amount of time then this has been a great deal.

all mine were accepted too except one CD they wouldn't take for some reason..and i put in the right UPC too...but oh well..so they'll take $0.90 from my account. no biggie

Took a little over a week for them to receive my trades, and I got knocked about $.50 off some scratches or whatever. Doesn't bother me in the least.

After the trades and purchasing inFamous (already beaten), I've still got $7.89 in credit left. I'd gladly trade more in if they had another great deal like before. Went from excited to scared to relieved in a month's time with this site. Wish things were a bit clearer in their FAQ's, but otherwise I recommend them.

I sent in my trades and was knocked off $11 and lost free shipping because of it. I checked all of my games and cd's before I shipped to them, even replaced jewel cases, yet still got most of it reduced. I sent an email to them to see if they will reevaluate my trades, as none of them were scratched and were all tested before shipping. I'll post again once I hear back from spun.com. So far, this has not been a good experience for me.

[quote name='omeggy']I sent in my trades and was knocked off $11 and lost free shipping because of it. I checked all of my games and cd's before I shipped to them, even replaced jewel cases, yet still got most of it reduced. I sent an email to them to see if they will reevaluate my trades, as none of them were scratched and were all tested before shipping. I'll post again once I hear back from spun.com. So far, this has not been a good experience for me.[/QUOTE]

Sucks. All but one of my 10 trades were new and unwrapped just before putting them in a box, so hopefully they dont try to pull anything with me. If they are similar to wherehouse.com operations, should be ok.

bread's done
Back