spun.com - 20-25% off all new and used games - $50 min.

mitch079

CAGiversary!
Works on pre-orders. MAY20 = 20% off, MAY25 = 25% off for all spunclub members (free to join so it's a no-brainer). Believe they are a sister site to wherehouse.com and secondspin.com. 1st class shipping is reasonable (4.95 usually). Good until the 28th.

http://www.spun.com/

Well, the funny thing is they reduced the credits on the 4 highest price cd's and 1 highest priced game I sent. Which were, honestly, the best quality items I sent with maybe light scratching on one of the cd's. So I have a sneaking suspicion that they try to get your best stuff at the 25% reduced amount. Although I'm not a conspiracy theorist.
But to their credit I emailed them to please ship them back to me, and they responded quickly and offered to send them back at their cost. So who knows? Oh and one of the used games I ordered didn't work. I sent it back so hopefully they'll credit it shortly. Overall, with smaller companies you sometimes have to put up with a bit more.

I should add that I sent them The Force Unleashed which had severe surface scratching, having been a gamefly used copy, and they accepted it without question or reduction. Perhaps they have bipolar employees checking items in.

[quote name='unclenebber']I should add that I sent them The Force Unleashed which had severe surface scratching, having been a gamefly used copy, and they accepted it without question or reduction. Perhaps they have bipolar employees checking items in.[/QUOTE]
that makes me worry... i have a game with some pretty obvious scratches, and i am still thinking should i give it a try or not

Honestly, without the 25% off I'm not entirely sure it worth it though. Risky and inconsistent trade-ins, slow shipping, and generally high retail values in my opinion outweigh their slightly higher than average trade-in values. Though my experience with them has been great, I believe this is the last time until their next big promotion.

[quote name='helmet']Honestly, without the 25% off I'm not entirely sure it worth it though. Risky and inconsistent trade-ins, slow shipping, and generally high retail values in my opinion outweigh their slightly higher than average trade-in values. Though my experience with them has been great, I believe this is the last time until their next big promotion.[/QUOTE]

If they didn't offer Paypal instead of store-credit that would be true. :lol:

[quote name='Pookymeister']If they didn't offer Paypal instead of store-credit that would be true. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Didn't think of that! So if you want cash, then I guess its an okay solution!

Though I would suggest checking out the CAG trading forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally heard back about the trade ins I sent. Spun stood by their reviews of my trades and lowered my order by $10 and then took back my free shipping. I am really dissatisfied at this point. I didn't get free packaging like their website said, they reduced all of my higher value trades due to "scratches" and now I am stuck paying more for the game I purchased. I guess it's just luck with these evaluations from them if they will take your trades or not.

omega

I had them send back the ones that were 'scratched'.
I will say i've been happy with my purchases.
I ordered Mario advance 3 used, Kingdom Hearts used, Perfect Dark Zero used, Harvest Moon Mineral Town new, Mario 64 Ds used, and PaperMario all were perfect, all were non-greatest hits versions, all came in original packaging with instructions.

[quote name='jkircos']They still have not shipped my Prototype and Ghostbusters pre-order. Anyone else get theirs yet?[/QUOTE]

I received a shipping notification for Prototype (PS3) last Saturday and the game arrived yesterday. No word on my copy of Ghostbusters (PS3), but I'm expecting something similar with that title.

[quote name='cb4774']I received a shipping notification for Prototype (PS3) last Saturday and the game arrived yesterday. No word on my copy of Ghostbusters (PS3), but I'm expecting something similar with that title.[/QUOTE]

Does your Ghostbusters still have backordered status?

I'm getting unbelievable upset with this website. D:

Prototype STILL hasn't shipped. I've contacted them several times and I haven't received a detailed response other than the automatic..

"Items that do not ship within 48 hours of ordering will be marked as
"Backordered". It almost always means we have just run out of that item
and will have it in stock within 3-5 days. Don't worry, you will not be
charged for a Backordered item until it ships. When a backorder is
shipped we will contact you by e-mail.

After our best effort, if it's determined that this item cannot be
obtained (10-12 days), it'll be cancelled and your charges will be
adjusted accordingly. You'll be notified via email when that happens.

We appreciate your patience and understanding."

.. that I've received for my last three messages. Anyone happen to preorder for 360 and have it go through. I really just want to get this deal over with and out of my head. XD

That's very unfortunate, helmet. Hope you get everything worked out.

Another update: spun.com shipped out my Ghostbusters (PS3) yesterday via first-class.

And I will say once again that my experience with spun.com has been nothing but positive.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jkircos']Does your Ghostbusters still have backordered status?[/QUOTE]

I received e-mail notification early this morning that Ghostbusters has shipped.

[quote name='earvcunanan']And I will say once again that my experience with spun.com has been nothing but positive.[/QUOTE]

Same here; originally a few trades were marked down due to alleged scratching, but a couple of days later I received another e-mail stating that the warehouse manager had reviewed the trades and I received full value for all but one of my 30-some trades.

[quote name='jkircos']Does your Ghostbusters still have backordered status?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cb4774']I received e-mail notification early this morning that Ghostbusters has shipped.[/QUOTE]

Ghostbusters arrived today via First Class mail.

[quote name='mitch079']Works on pre-orders. MAY20 = 20% off, MAY25 = 25% off for all spunclub members (free to join so it's a no-brainer). Believe they are a sister site to wherehouse.com and secondspin.com. 1st class shipping is reasonable (4.95 usually). Good until the 28th.

http://www.spun.com/
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]

good rewards program with rock bottom price. what is the discount going to be in june ?

[quote name='helmet']I'm getting unbelievable upset with this website. D:

Prototype STILL hasn't shipped. I've contacted them several times and I haven't received a detailed response other than the automatic..

.. that I've received for my last three messages. Anyone happen to preorder for 360 and have it go through. I really just want to get this deal over with and out of my head. XD[/QUOTE]

Yeah my Ghostbusters shipped, but Prototype (PS3) is still backordered and they keep giving me that email as well.

My red faction, prototype and ghostbusters all 360, shipped on thursday from ny. I am in cali and I just got confirmation the games are are in cali so I am assuming they will be here monday.

anyone have a number to get a hold of these guys? a corporate number, anything? they reduced buy back cause of scratches, and then claimed I sent a regular edition of a blue ray, when I sent them the special edition. all told, they quoted me 50.00 and now they are saying they will only pay me 30.00.... and they have not even paid the 30.00 yet ! how did you guys even get them to pay out? help please :)

Well, I've given up on Spun. Its been 11 days, and I'm pretty sure Prototype is going to drop in price long before I ever get it. XD

I believe I'll just cash-out my credit to paypal.

For srviver104; sorry I couldn't quote your phone # request, but the iPhone only allows me to quick reply.

From Who.is & Aboutus.org:

Administrative Contact:
Grundy, Steven [email protected]
Ridgewood Software
PO BOX 8440
Northfield, IL 60093-8440
US
847-272-7559 fax: 999-999-9999

I recognize the area code and that seems correct for the Northfield area.

Well, I've given up on Spun. Its been 11 days, and I'm pretty sure Prototype is going to drop in price long before I ever get it. XD

I believe I'll just cash-out my credit to paypal.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I pre-ordered from Best Buy and just received my game yesterday (Saturday). I was told that they did not get as many copies from the supplier as they were expecting in reply to an e-mail i sent them.

I was mildly upset, but at least they did reply quickly and let me know.

[quote name='gnargnargnar']Well, if it makes you feel any better, I pre-ordered from Best Buy and just received my game yesterday (Saturday). I was told that they did not get as many copies from the supplier as they were expecting in reply to an e-mail i sent them.

I was mildly upset, but at least they did reply quickly and let me know.[/QUOTE]

Thats understandable, but mine is still backordered and I expect 5-7 day shipping. I'd rather take the credit at this point and pay the 5 extra dollars at amazon. I also pre-ordered King of Fighters, but I'd rather not this happen again because they are understocked. :)

They are still a reasonably decent site, I got way better trade-in value than I would have anywhere else.

Just writing in to update everyone with my experience with spun.com. I traded in around $130 of used stuff and bought Infamous, Red Faction 3, Prototype, and two used PSone games. Each game took exactly three business days to get to me after being notified that it shipped.

With my used stuff I traded in, they rejected one item and reduced the price of four items. I did a new order for a used game totaling about $6 so I could get all my rejected/reduced in value items back. Right after I did my new order I then emailed them to notify that I would like my five scratched items back with that new order so I don't have to pay to get just my items back. The next morning I get an email saying the new order was shipped and then about two hours later I get an email from customer service saying that my scratched items weren't included in the new order but they will waive the $4 shipping fee and send my stuff back for free. Three days later I received my scratched items back exactly how I sent them in.

In the end, I paid around $40 for all the games I ordered. I will definitely order from spun.com again after my great experience with them. Hopefully this will help anyone that was skeptical (like I was originally) about this company.

What are the chances of getting my trades rejected? They are mint with one having the slightest most negligible scratches. I hope they don't scam me at 25% credit. Has this happened to anyone??

BTW- condemned 2 ps3- for $7 - awesome

Very, very light scratches are ok. It is hard to really define though. Most of my stuff that got reduced down to 25% value was lightly scratched, with two or more minor scratches. If they reduce any of your items down to 25% you can request them back like I did. I was afraid they were going to keep my copy of Zelda for Wii which was reduced from $20 down to $5 due to scratches but they give the option for you to request those items back too. Good deal in my opinion.

bread's done
Back