Square Enix [PC][Steam] Sale

Thanks OP. Picked up FFVII. I find it funny how the original graphics mode is better than the enhanced mode. Lol. Great trip down memory lane.

They still haven't sent out emails to newly registered customers. What the hell.

Tip:

Don't register and wait for an email. Just start with your name, adress, billing info, etc. Towards the end they ask for your email address, preferred login and password. Fill that out inline with the rest of the info and complete the form that way (they will require at least one number for your password).

I did it that way, and moved right along to being purchase the game that was in my cart. Order went through immediately, and the page that came up afterwards showed a code that I pasted into Steam, and game was redeemed, per usual.

[quote name='Prfntbtr']Tip:

Don't register and wait for an email. Just start with your name, adress, billing info, etc. Towards the end they ask for your email address, preferred login and password. Fill that out inline with the rest of the info and complete the form that way (they will require at least one number for your password).

I did it that way, and moved right along to being purchase the game that was in my cart. Order went through immediately, and the page that came up afterwards showed a code that I pasted into Steam, and game was redeemed, per usual.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll try that.

[quote name='AzGoat']have i have a laptop with intel core i5 and would that beable to run sleeping dogs and hitman at the level of a 360??[/QUOTE]

The CPU should be fine. But you should be more concerned about your GPU. I would say 460M and above, if it is nvidia, should run medium settings or higher.

[quote name='AzGoat']have i have a laptop with intel core i5 and would that beable to run sleeping dogs and hitman at the level of a 360??[/QUOTE]

go to canyourunit.com

[quote name='Shadowmoses12']go to canyourunit.com[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help and can you run it really helped out and turn out i just need a tiny bit more dedicated video ram. Guess i will just be sticking with my xbox for now and thank you very much for the help.

[quote name='AzGoat']Thanks for the help and can you run it really helped out and turn out i just need a tiny bit more dedicated video ram. Guess i will just be sticking with my xbox for now and thank you very much for the help.[/QUOTE]

What's your GPU? The automated sites aren't always accurate. Do you meet the minimum requirements listed by Square Enix?

Here are the minimum requirements:

Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
Memory: 2GB
Hard Disk Space: 15GB
Video Card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher
DirectX®: 10
Sound: DirectX compatible sound card

In other words, almost anybody should be able to run it.... unless you're using Intel graphics or something.

Anyone else purchase the Tomb Raider games and have issues? I know someone said they had an issue with Underworld activating. I was looking to pick up all 3 older titles.

[quote name='Xaliqen']What's your GPU? The automated sites aren't always accurate. Do you meet the minimum requirements listed by Square Enix?

Here are the minimum requirements:

Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
Memory: 2GB
Hard Disk Space: 15GB
Video Card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher
DirectX®: 10
Sound: DirectX compatible sound card

In other words, almost anybody should be able to run it.... unless you're using Intel graphics or something.[/QUOTE]

here is what i have

Summary
Screen Size 14 inches
Screen Resolution 1366 x 768
Max Screen Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels
Processor 2.5 GHz Core i5-2450M
RAM 6 GB DRAM
Hard Drive 750 GB SATA
Graphics Coprocessor Intel® HD Graphics 3000
Card Description integrated graphics
Wireless Type 802.11n
Number of USB 2.0 Ports 3
Number of USB 3.0 Ports 1
Average Battery Life (in hours) 8 hours
Expand
Other Technical Details
Brand Name Sony
Series VAIO E
Item model number SVE14116FXW
Hardware Platform PC
Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Item Weight 5.3 pounds
Item Dimensions L x W x H 9.60 x 13.55 x 1.39 inches
Color Seafoam White
Processor Brand Intel
Processor Count 2
Computer Memory Type SODIMM
Hard Drive Interface Serial ATA
Hard Drive Rotational Speed 5400 RPM
Optical Drive Type CD/DVD Player / Burner
Batteries: 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)

[quote name='Xaliqen']Yeah, the Intel HD graphics is the issue.

Then again, this guy got it to run with similar specs. It looks choppy but playable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubsFN1a-5YI

Just be sure to update to the latest graphics drivers if you get it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, it looks like i will just have to pass on this for now and keep to the xbox for a bit longer. But thanks for the help

[quote name='AzGoat']Thanks, it looks like i will just have to pass on this for now and keep to the xbox for a bit longer. But thanks for the help[/QUOTE]

No worries. You might want to check out that guy's channel if you need to figure out what works well on your system. It looks like he's got a lot of videos up with pretty similar specs to yours. :)

Looking at his channel, I'm most surprised that he got GTA IV to run, which I remember toasted my top of the line machine back in the day...

[quote name='mrfossey']Still no luck checking out. Anyone else having similar issues - even with existing accounts?[/QUOTE]

I'm an existing customer, and I had no issues with my checkout yesterday evening. Got my hands on Final Fantasy VII, Guardian of Light, Front Mission Evolved, and The Last Guardian all for a total of $17.99 (a $41.97 savings). Talk about an amazing deal. All of the games, with the exception of FFVII, activated on Steam without an issue. I'm very pleased. :)

[quote name='fignutz32']It does. Whether they give you a valid product code is another matter.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

Has anyone had any luck getting Steam keys for games they purchased that didn't have them? I ordered SCARYGIRL and the Steam key was missing; the store customer support directed me to the company's technical support, and the company's technical support informed me they don't support third party applications like Steam and I should contact Steam.

Nope, I got through to their digital river/store support and requested a refund, which they said I would see in 5-7 days

bread's done
Back