SSD or Hybrid Drives for ps4?

If you google the topic there are lots of comparisons of a 7200 RPM standard laptop hard drive vs hybrid, vs SSD.  SSD most of the time is the leader but it's the most expensive.  The hybrid and 7200 RPM drives are almost equal.  You can actually buy an external 7200 RPM laptop drive and then remote the case and install it.  Just google and do you research lots of videos and charts to compare.

Why would you upgrade to just 1 TB...u're only going to get about 400 GB more...remember the OS takes a lot of room and gotta give room for updates.  If you really are thinking to replace go the 2 TB option.

I'm actually just waiting for the update they have already announced that you can plug in an external storage device.  I already have a 2TB drive just waiting.... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you upgrade to just 1 TB...u're only going to get about 400 GB more...remember the OS takes a lot of room and gotta give room for updates. If you really are thinking to replace go the 2 TB option.
Like I mentioned in the OP, I have a failing HDD on my laptop and will need to replace it with the ps4 one. Don't need anything larger than 500gb on the laptop so figured might as well up the PS4 capacity a bit.

I'm well aware that SSD have the best loads and 7200/hybrid drives provide better price/power ratio. I just wanted to make this topic to see if anyone had specific deals or reccommendations on certain drives.. =/

Hey Camre,

If you are still looking for insight on these drives you may want to youtube "Tested PS4 HDD". Norm pretty much goes indepth on the pros and cons of each drive. I would post a link but I am unable to at the moment. I don't know of any deals but this may point you in the direction of the road you want to go down. Hope this helps.

Cheers.

bread's done
Back