SSF4AE 19.99 at GS

Got it for this price during the holidays I think, so its been this for a bit. Managed to get it signed by Yoshinori Ono at SDCC too!

[quote name='breakingcustoms']is this even worth it anymore after SFxTekken?[/QUOTE]

SFxT only made this game more valuable as a competent fighter.

[quote name='AugustAPC']SFxT only made this game more valuable as a competent fighter.[/QUOTE]

What this man said.

[quote name='AugustAPC']SFxT only made this game more valuable as a competent fighter.[/QUOTE]
Heh. I used to hate on Street Fighter IV series on release. Complained about every single thing about it. Don't get me wrong, I played the hell out of it, but I've always thought it was dumb.

Thanks to SFxT, I've gained new-found appreciation on how much AE2012 doesn't suck. With the 2012 update and recent Evo results just cements that idea.

[quote name='Kaiser499']I'm buying the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collection so no need for me to buy this.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to hear that.

Yeah I bought this for $20 at GS around January.

Thanks for this... appears to be low stock everywhere though. And strangely, SSF4 (the game that precedes it) is still $30.

QFT.

Just can't get into SFXTekken. It doesn't help that Capcom is still going to charge $20 for characters already on the disc.

I still play SSF4AE here and there and It's arguably the best fighting game this gen.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']QFT.

Just can't get into SFXTekken. It doesn't help that Capcom is still going to charge $20 for characters already on the disc.

I still play SSF4AE here and there and It's arguably the best fighting game this gen.[/QUOTE]

I dont know if I would go that far, but top 5 sounds alright. top 10 for sure. #1 for me is MK, or one of the storm games.

[quote name='thundarr']What's a storm game? And don't forget TvC btw.[/QUOTE]
My guess is Naruto Ninja Storm? But Brawl is my #1 fighting game this gen. Even though when MvC2 was rereleased for Live I sunk way more time into that.

SfxT is funny because it's the best fighter Capcom made this gen but it's been polluted by so many super terrible design choices that I can't blame anyone for hating it.

I still play SSF4AE here and there and It's arguably the best fighting game this gen.[/QUOTE]

You wish. King of Fighters 13 destroys Street Fighter 4 hype wise, Evo wise, viewerwise, and skill wise.

Also Super Street Fighter 4 was better then AE2012 bullshit edition.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']SfxT is funny because it's the best fighter Capcom made this gen but it's been polluted by so many super terrible design choices that I can't blame anyone for hating it.[/QUOTE]

Amen.

[quote name='Paco']King of Fighters 13 destroys Street Fighter 4[/QUOTE]

That's all you needed to say.

The jokers that hate on SFIV are just hipsters. Game is good.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']SfxT is funny because it's the best fighter Capcom made this gen but it's been polluted by so many super terrible design choices that I can't blame anyone for hating it.[/QUOTE]

Yea... I wouldn't say it's their best... but it was a fun game that had a lot of potential. Too bad Capcom ejaculated all over it.

[quote name='distgfx']Amen.

That's all you needed to say.[/QUOTE]

Dat's right. I come in here and hate on all things capcom. Nothing bit marks, bitches, tricks, mark ass tricks, bitch ass marks, skanks, skeezers, scallywags, skip skop tops, with no rim on their car. Bunch of scandalous skeezers and stunts tricking out those dlc costumes that add nothing to the gameplay then nerfing shitty characters while buffing characters who don't need buffs. What can I say about Ryu? That mother fucker hasn't evolved since Street Fighter 2. Still looks homeless everywhere he goes. He can't even afford shoes. How broke is yo ass to not afford shoes in a vidya game? Then there's that stupid generous frame crap for his FADC into Ultra. Made for the fabulous scrubs that Capcom so loves to cultivate. And then there's Ken. A mix between a mop and a white guy. His foot smells like assburgers, and it's more offensive to me because Ken unlike Ryu has money yet the asshole still doesn't get any shoes. He's been barefoot since street fighter OG edition. His fireball is uglier than the blob, his uppercut has flashing flames for the hotwheel fans in the ADD riddled fanbase who talk about the depth of his storyline. And then there's Balrog. What can I say about him and his cheap ass fight money? Reminds me of the same type of brother who did that shit in high school. His haircut has no imagination, his clothes smell like ass, and every time he pounds his gloves together, it's black on black crime. His face is a mix between a oprahs ass and a bulldog.

silky_johnson1.jpg

[quote name='AugustAPC']The jokers that hate on SFIV are just hipsters. Game is good.[/QUOTE]

I option select your opinion and beat it cleanly in any possible outcome.

[quote name='AugustAPC']The jokers that hate on SFIV are just hipsters. Game is good.[/QUOTE]

Even Blazblue is better than Street Fighter.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Hipsters.[/QUOTE]

Hipsters never been to an arcade machine and been in a fistfight over a tick throw.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Extreme hipster.[/QUOTE]

Just sad that your game is boring us to death. All the real homies go 2d. I'm going to play some 3rd Strike just to get the taste of Scrub edition out of my mouth.

[quote name='distgfx']I'll vortex you, boy.[/QUOTE]

Disregard Vortex, Acquire Pretzel

Lol. My game? You're a tool. You think playing 3S makes you some OG? I bet you whined about Chun-Li like the bitch you're being right now.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Lol. My game? You're a tool. You think playing 3S makes you some OG? I bet you whined about Chun-Li like the bitch you're being right now.[/QUOTE]

I still consider 3rd strike new. I started with the world warrior and moved onto that SNK shit. SNK provides better gameplay sets and provides better fighting that's significantly more balanced.

And for fucks sake, I use Sean on 3rd strike. Been using him since new Generation because basketballs are always fun shit to toss. If I was going to take the game seriously, I'd enema my mind and use Chun and Yun. I play fighting games for fun, I use whoever I find interesting or worthwhile.

Capcom players tend to be the true bitches. Capcom caters to the lowest common denominator. I mean how the fuck do you nerf El Fuerte when the fucker had barely anything to begin with? I have a huge list of complaints to the system, but now is not the time for them. Let's give Yun some more buffs, Ken more flames, and Guile another nerf.

Lol, you're fucking dumb. I'm not a Capcom player, I'm a fighter player. I can tell you're a SNK fanboi, and they are just as bad if not worse than Capcom elitists.

If you played fighters for fun, you wouldn't be raging so hard about SFIV being imbalanced. Which it's really not in comparison to the majority of fighters out there. I will concede that SNK fighters tend to be more balanced overall. They also offer more options to all their fighters, making it less of a sharper contrast between different characters. I love SNK, I love Capcom, I love Arc System Works, I even love Mortal Kombat! fuck off with your "I play fighters for fun." You're a hipster through and through!

I'm done with your nonsense. I'm gonna go play some fucking Tournament Fighters and wash my hands of you.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Lol, you're fucking dumb. I'm not a Capcom player, I'm a fighter player. I can tell you're a SNK fanboi, and they are just as bad if not worse than Capcom elitists.

I'm done with your nonsense. I'm gonna go play some fucking Tournament Fighters and wash my hands of you.[/QUOTE]

Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_Tournament_Fighters_GEN_ScreenShot1.jpg

[quote name='AugustAPC']Lol, you're fucking dumb. I'm not a Capcom player, I'm a fighter player. I can tell you're a SNK fanboi, and they are just as bad if not worse than Capcom elitists.

If you played fighters for fun, you wouldn't be raging so hard about SFIV being imbalanced. Which it's really not in comparison to the majority of fighters out there. I will concede that SNK fighters tend to be more balanced overall. They also offer more options to all their fighters, making it less of a sharper contrast between different characters. I love SNK, I love Capcom, I love Arc System Works, I even love Mortal Kombat! fuck off with your "I play fighters for fun." You're a hipster through and through!

I'm done with your nonsense. I'm gonna go play some fucking Tournament Fighters and wash my hands of you.[/QUOTE]

fuck that game. Multiple Inputs, I'm gonna play some DIVE KICK. Nobody can hate on Divekick.

0.jpg

[quote name='hankmecrankme']TMNT Tournament Fighters >>> AE[/QUOTE]

Which version? NES, GENS or SNES? Pick your choice wisely.

[quote name='Paco']Which version? NES, GENS or SNES? Pick your choice wisely.[/QUOTE]

SNES for me. But you probably grew up with the GENS version, being Mexican and all. :bouncy:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']SNES for me. But you probably grew up with the GENS version, being Mexican and all. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Since you're going with racial commentary my fair assed cracka, I'd like to point out I only played the Snes version as a kid. It was black people that had the Gen version. Mexicans were either skilled labor and got Snes or unskilled labor and Nes.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Which copy of SF4 is best? This one, the 3DS one, or one of the other 9001 ports of this thing?

Serious question, btw.[/QUOTE]

Get the 360 one. It plays most like the arcade as the PS3 one was like one frame slower than the 360 one making the combos a lot different, though tournaments like Evo use the PS3 version so keep that in mind when playing.

Agree on it being the Best Fighting Game as well.

[quote name='Paco']You wish. King of Fighters 13 destroys Street Fighter 4 hype wise, Evo wise, viewerwise, and skill wise.

Also Super Street Fighter 4 was better then AE2012 bullshit edition.[/QUOTE]

Arent they both the same exact game with only 4 new characters and small added features in the lobby?

[quote name='Video-Gamer']Arent they both the same exact game with only 4 new characters and small added features in the lobby?[/QUOTE]

Yeah but a lot of folks don't like what those four new folks did to the balance of the game online. Fortunately in the console versions, you can bump back down to SSFIV to find games. No such luck on my platform of choice: PC.

And ignore the bitching in this thread. Fight fans like to try and demonstrate their knowledge of systems by flexing nuts on forums, but half the time they don't even have the in-game skills to be affected by the garbage they are going on about - they just read about it on Shoryuken. If you don't play 20 hours a week, just try to enjoy to enjoy yourself and not worry about the fanatics' opinions.

Oh and $20 is a good deal for SSFIVAE :)

($10 on the recent Steam Summer Sale though)

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back