SSX (PS3/X360) $44.99 at Newegg / TRU Price Match

Sweet price but this is an EA game so i'm eagerly awaiting the late year fire sale for $17 hopefully by BF. Gives me one month to finish it before the end of the world 12-21-12.
:lol::applause:

Thanks OP, used this with a $20 Newegg credit I had to bring it to $24.99 + tax. Even though I'll be missing out on those pre-order bonuses from GameStop/Amazon/etc., the price was too good for me to wait on it.

Think there's any way Amazon will match? If not, I guess I should cancel my preorder over there.

NewEgg are a bunch of scam artists. Low priced preorders are often canceled on you, after you've been charged.

Cases in point:

Soul Calibur V - Order just voided AFTER I was charged, due to a "glitch". Bullcrap, more like they do not want give me the $12 promised preorder discount. Now I cannot get any preorder discounts or bonuses anywhere since it's been released.

Fable III - canceled the reduced price preorder on me after I complained it had not shipped well past release date. Didn't even try to fulfill the order.

There are a bunch of others I do not remember. I am never ordering for these lying scammers again.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']NewEgg are a bunch of scam artists. Low priced preorders are often canceled on you, after you've been charged.

Cases in point:

Soul Calibur V - Order just voided AFTER I was charged, due to a "glitch". Bullcrap, more like they do not want give me the $12 promised preorder discount. Now I cannot get any preorder discounts or bonuses anywhere since it's been released.

Fable III - canceled the reduced price preorder on me after I complained it had not shipped well past release date. Didn't even try to fulfill the order.

There are a bunch of others I do not remember. I am never ordering for these lying scammers again.[/QUOTE]

Never had any problems with Newegg preorders or regular orders and I buy from them a lot. ;)

[quote name='Rodster']Never had any problems with Newegg preorders or regular orders and I buy from them a lot. ;)[/QUOTE]

this

I was thinking of ordering from Newegg..I was going to preorder the Vita..Is the site a safe site to order from..How are they with shipping thanks.

[quote name='vince726']I was thinking of ordering from Newegg..I was going to preorder the Vita..Is the site a safe site to order from..How are they with shipping thanks.[/QUOTE]

They are one of the most reputable sites on the internet...

[quote name='vince726']I was thinking of ordering from Newegg..I was going to preorder the Vita..Is the site a safe site to order from..How are they with shipping thanks.[/QUOTE]
They are legit and right up there with Amazon. I always take these Amazon and Newegg horror stories with a grain of salt. There was a CAG'er who got his ass banned by Amazon for trying to work them.

Just sayin' ;)

Damn this NJ tax!!!! Well I preorder both versions, don't know which one is the better one so I'm hoping an early review will decide for me before the game ships!

[quote name='Rodster']Never had any problems with Newegg preorders or regular orders and I buy from them a lot. ;)[/QUOTE]

They may be OK for electronics, but they are thieves and/or idiots for video games. My Soul Calibur V pre-order at the special discount price is now "backordered" and unlike other companies, they cancel and refund backorders and you have no say in it. Meaning I'm screwed out of the pre-order price as well as any bonuses if I had gotten it elsewhere. Newegg does this ALL THE TIME. A ridiculous amount of my pre-orders have been canceled.

Add to that the fact that pre-orders can't be canceled, and you are left with a SLEAZY company.

Submitted price matches to Amazon for both Newegg and TRU. Hopefully Amazon will actually match this price since everyone is pre-ordering this at GameStop to get Eddie + his board since character DLC > board-only DLC. That $15 difference could make a lot of impatient people actually wait to buy Eddie at a later date.

Hopefully the majority of CAG realizes that submitting a price match to Amazon is as easy as going to the game's product page, scrolling down to "tell us about a lower price?" and pasting in the link to the competitor's page.

Let's pull an Operation Rainfall (Snowfall?) and make Amazon realize they are losing sales to competitors. C'mon guys! YEAHHH!!!

*charges off into the battlefield of savings alone and unarmed*

Dumping my TRU pre-order and back to Newegg with no tax and faster shipping (though no Shop Runner?). Yeah! Thanks OP! If Amazon matches I'll switch to them, but I doubt they will match. They might give $15 in credit, but that's not as good as only paying $45 up front.

Cancelled my TRU preorder....not to get it from newegg, but because people are saying there's no true Live multiplayer...no split screen and no live multiplayer? No thanks, even the one on PS2 had both of those things and its graphics were amazing for the time.

It doesn't have split screen multiplayer??? Is that true? If so, that will suck. Going to have to reconsider my preorder if that's true. Anyone know for sure?

This game is going to be epic. Split screen is a dying feature unfortunately, but everything else looks to be that SSX experience. Being a HUGE SSX fan , I was lucky enough to visit EA Vancouver to see the game in progress last summer.

If your NewEgg SSX pre-order ends up getting canceled, backordered, or voided on you, please come back here and post about it. We have to expose Newegg for these shady practices. NewEgg canceled my discounted pre-order for both Fable III last year, and Soul Calibur V just yesterday, and refuse to honor the discount. Never had anything like this happen with Amazon.

I'm starting to think these low priced preorders from them are just scams to get new customers and traffic to their site.

Wow. This game really not only doesn't local split-screen, but it really doesn't have any form of live online play either. What in the hell where they thinking? If there's any doubt about the latter, see these two videos, and that in spite of the tease in the first one that maybe it did. The second video then shoots that idea to hell:

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3EyQFnCDDc

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3EyQFnCDDc

I mean these features sound fun, but I just can't believe they axed all forms of live play completely, both online and off. Stunned. Pre-order canceled.

I feel like many of you cancelling because of not being able to hold hands with your friend as you board down the mountain never played much Tricky or SSX3 multiplayer. When racing down the mountain there were so many alternate paths you would rarely see the person you were racing against anyway and it would boil down to just be racing their "time." It's not like it's a kart racer where you need to be close to green shell and banana your opponent.

They are just trimming the fat and honestly I think the ability to place GeoTags for other players to find is a much more exciting feature than being able to see your friend next to you for the first 10 seconds of a race.

You are still competing against your friends online and even getting rewarded with in-game cash for it. It's only a cosmetic difference that some people seem to not be able to let go of.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sadakou']I feel like many of you cancelling because of not being able to hold hands with your friend as you board down the mountain never played much Tricky or SSX3 multiplayer. When racing down the mountain there were so many alternate paths you would rarely see the person you were racing against anyway and it would boil down to just be racing their "time." It's not like it's a kart racer where you need to be close to green shell and banana your opponent.

They are just trimming the fat and honestly I think the ability to place GeoTags for other players to find is a much more exciting feature than being able to see your friend next to you for the first 10 seconds of a race.

You are still competing against your friends online and even getting rewarded with in-game cash for it. It's only a cosmetic difference that some people seem to not be able to let go of.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much my feeling on it. I like the asynchronous features quite a bit, especially the Geotag placing, what a neat idea. I have trouble getting friends to play games at the same time as me anyways, so being able to compete against times, scores, and ghosts at any time is very appealing to me.

You weren't just playing against their time, because they were in the same room with you. I guess maybe you were if you and your competition were complete non-talkers, but then I can't imagine you'd be friends. Similarly for online you would be chatting with them, unless you aren't trying to play socially. So these supposed "social' features in SSX aren't social at all. They are convenient, I'll grant you that, but not anything at all the same as racing with friends.

I will say that local splitscreen probably works better than online, because you can see their "screen". They should have at least kept local splitscreen. Oh well.

Sounds like I have some pre-ordering to do!

[quote name='ElektroDragon']If your NewEgg SSX pre-order ends up getting canceled, backordered, or voided on you, please come back here and post about it. We have to expose Newegg for these shady practices. NewEgg canceled my discounted pre-order for both Fable III last year, and Soul Calibur V just yesterday, and refuse to honor the discount. Never had anything like this happen with Amazon.

I'm starting to think these low priced preorders from them are just scams to get new customers and traffic to their site.[/QUOTE]

We got it. You don't need to make 3 posts about it in this thread.

[quote name='crunchewy']You weren't just playing against their time, because they were in the same room with you. I guess maybe you were if you and your competition were complete non-talkers, but then I can't imagine you'd be friends. Similarly for online you would be chatting with them, unless you aren't trying to play socially. So these supposed "social' features in SSX aren't social at all. They are convenient, I'll grant you that, but not anything at all the same as racing with friends.

I will say that local splitscreen probably works better than online, because you can see their "screen". They should have at least kept local splitscreen. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

While split-screen would be a nice option to have, they most likely cut it because of the dynamic terrain changing in this new SSX. I'd much rather have a constant FPS level.

You can still talk to your friends online or on Skype or whatever while you play if you still depend on that to have a good time.

I just feel like the people who are now choosing to miss out on a great SSX experience because of multiplayer are the same younger generation of gamers who used to play "Tales" RPGs with their friends and now complain that the portable Tales games have no multiplayer.

Was the multiplayer a nice option? Yes.
Was the multiplayer a necessary feature? No.

This is the same thing as people who complain about the controls in older Resident Evil games and then praise RE4 and 5. The controls are the same, the camera is just different. In SSX, it is still the same multiplayer, it is just presented in a different shell and your nostalgia for how games are "supposed to be" is resisting acceptance of that.

The core of the SSX gameplay is, and always has been competing to get the highest scores and fastest times. You can still do that, and now to an even more meaningful extent not only with friends, but with people around the world.

Yeah, i still have my pre-order in for now. I was going to cancel, but then couldn't quite pull the un-preorder trigger yet. LOL. I'm sure this will be fun anyway, though I am certainly disappointed with the lack of live online/offline play. I may end up canceling yet, but for now the order is still in.

I disagree, though, that this is a nostalgia thing. I enjoy playing online games primarily when I'm playing with friends and we are all talking with each other. While you could Skype, you aren't really playing together in this game. You wouldn't see each other at all, only after the fact.

[quote name='sadakou']I feel like many of you cancelling because of not being able to hold hands with your friend as you board down the mountain never played much Tricky or SSX3 multiplayer. When racing down the mountain there were so many alternate paths you would rarely see the person you were racing against anyway and it would boil down to just be racing their "time." It's not like it's a kart racer where you need to be close to green shell and banana your opponent.

You are still competing against your friends online and even getting rewarded with in-game cash for it. It's only a cosmetic difference that some people seem to not be able to let go of.[/QUOTE]

I was disappointed at first, but you know...that's a really good way of thinking about it.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Add to that the fact that pre-orders can't be canceled, and you are left with a SLEAZY company.[/QUOTE]
Yes they can. I often pre-order from Newegg when they run one of their weekend specials and cancel if a better pre-order deal comes along. I've done this four times within the last year.

[quote name='trax']Yes they can. I often pre-order from Newegg when they run one of their weekend specials and cancel if a better pre-order deal comes along. I've done this four times within the last year.[/QUOTE]

this ^^^
ive cancelled several pre orders from newegg, where are you guys getting this crap from?

[quote name='crunchewy']Wow. This game really not only doesn't local split-screen, but it really doesn't have any form of live online play either.[/QUOTE]
SSX *does* have live online multiplayer, although it's a bit less traditional. If you watched the second video more closely, you can set up custom global events and have the event only open to your friends or friends of friends instead of everyone. You start at a drop point on the SSX map and then set the game rules (race event, trick event, etc.), and once you've invited who you want, you're playing with them in real-time.

The IGN livestream demo from several days ago also confirmed via an SSX producer that custom global events = live multiplayer with your friends online.

Anyone know if Newegg has a pre-order price guarantee similar to Amazon? I couldn't find any solid info on that, so I canceled my previous pre-order and put in a new one at the $44.99 price just to be safe. Just curious for the future.

[quote name='MICHAE2414']SSX *does* have live online multiplayer, although it's a bit less traditional. If you watched the second video more closely, you can set up custom global events and have the event only open to your friends or friends of friends instead of everyone. You start at a drop point on the SSX map and then set the game rules (race event, trick event, etc.), and once you've invited who you want, you're playing with them in real-time.

The IGN livestream demo from several days ago also confirmed via an SSX producer that custom global events = live multiplayer with your friends online.[/QUOTE]

That would make me happy, but I really wish they'd made it clearer if that was true. The second video made it sound like it was just a time trial (ghost) race versus your friends. Do you have a link to that IGN video? If live play exists, I'll be a lot happier, even if not entirely happy without splitscreen too.

Yes, it seems to be full price now. Glad I got in at $44.99. Also apparently the game does have true live online with friends. They sure could have been clearer about it, but oh well. Also I will definitely miss splitscreen, but at least we have live online. The other features should be fun too, in concert with the live online. I'm glad it isn't only time trials and such.

[quote name='crunchewy']Yes, it seems to be full price now. Glad I got in at $44.99. Also apparently the game does have true live online with friends. They sure could have been clearer about it, but oh well. Also I will definitely miss splitscreen, but at least we have live online. The other features should be fun too, in concert with the live online. I'm glad it isn't only time trials and such.[/QUOTE]

Damn I missed it!

bread's done
Back