SSX (Xbox 360,PS3) $39.99 @ gamestop

Surprised at all the hate the game's getting, especially by people who said they haven't even played it. Shouldn't the reviews give you a good indication of its quality?

[quote name='gospelman']is there much of a difference between ps3 and 360 versions? does the ps3 version let you install?[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version has timed exclusive content: tracks on Mt. Fuji. It'll eventually be made available as DLC on the 360 as early as this fall. Check this link for a great breakdown of the two versions.

You can't install on the PS3 but the load times aren't too bad. It may become a little annoying if you have a habit of restarting a track in the middle of a run as it'll to kick you back to the loading screen each time.

[quote name='Thrinn']The PS3 version has timed exclusive content: tracks on Mt. Fuji. It'll eventually be made available as DLC on the 360 as early as this fall. You can't install on the PS3 but the load times aren't too bad. It can become a little annoying if you have a habit of restarting a track in the middle of a run as it'll to kick you back to the loading screen each time.[/QUOTE]

that was helpful, thank you

is the extra content on disc or on a psn voucher?

By the way, this isn't a price drop. EA does this all the time. The first thing they do is give Amazon a 20 dollar credit on pre-orders. Then they give other retailers a 20$ sale price a couple weeks into it. Then the price stays at 60 MSRP for a while, then 6 months later, depending on what game it is, it's $29.99 - $39.99 MSRP.

[quote name='gospelman']that was helpful, thank you

is the extra content on disc or on a psn voucher?[/QUOTE]

Glad to help.

Both actually. There's a voucher that lets you download an unlock key for the content on the disc. The voucher also nets you some trivial low-level equipment as well as allows you to earn credits from online challenges. You can still play online without the code, but the online for SSX is pretty much just ghost races, online leaderboards, and geocaching (think hidden packages from the Grand Theft Auto games which are hidden by other players).

I really enjoyed the demo hope to see this game in the $20-$30 range any sport game or extreme sport game isn't worth more than that to me ever.

[quote name='kevgret']I said it yesterday and I'll say it again..

This is why you cannot purchase a new game within 4 weeks of its release.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I have no problem price-matching the drop during my regular visits to the local Best Buy...so I'll pick up most things I want on release.

wow, im surprised about the hate on this game in this thread

i bought it right away from amazon ($25 bucks after some leftover credit i had) because im a big ssx fan, but i would say $40-$45 is the right price for this game.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Just over two weeks later $40? Man, gotta stop buying games on release week I say. I think Borderlands 2 will be my last launch title.[/QUOTE]

Buy them at BBY so you can PM.

I buy a majority of games at BBY if I want them release week JUST because of the post purchase PM.

[quote name='camelking6969']What is gamestop policy on pricematching. I picked up last Saturday for 60 can I get my 20 back[/QUOTE] yeah, either see if they price match if that doesn't work buy it for $40 and return with the old reciept.

Picked it up a week ago at MSRP, returned to GS today to get $20 back. So far I like everything except the survival runs. I have yet to really put a whole lot of time into it so this may change.

why all the hate?? I preordered it from Amazon and have been in love since day 1. The global challenges are a lot of fun!! The lack of "true" multiplayer does not make a huge difference. It is alot of fun setting a record and waiting for your friend to come back from work and have it pop up on his screen and he is all like "fffuuuu---" and you are like LOL and you have fun.

[quote name='darkjedi187']So far I like everything except the survival runs. I have yet to really put a whole lot of time into it so this may change.[/QUOTE]

I can see that they wanted to mix up the old SSX formula by throwing several new mechanics into the mix. Some of the survival tracks like the ones where you have to stay in the sunlight are interesting enough for an occasional playthrough. The tracks that with the oxygen tank mechanic are the opposite of fun. I find myself avoiding the survival tracks for the most part. Hopefully the DLC will focus on the more traditional track layouts.

[quote name='camelking6969']What is gamestop policy on pricematching. I picked up last Saturday for 60 can I get my 20 back[/QUOTE]

I picked it up Sunday, $65 with tax :(

I ordered a copy online from GS for $47 shipped, will return with the other receipt.

If the game had true multilayer it'd be gangster ...as it is...not so much. Will buy it for 10 on some gamers club coupon deal later this year. Trtrtrtrtriicckkyy.

[quote name='darkjedi187']Picked it up a week ago at MSRP, returned to GS today to get $20 back. So far I like everything except the survival runs. I have yet to really put a whole lot of time into it so this may change.[/QUOTE]

I really like the survival runs. I honestly thought I wasn't going to enjoy them. Those were my first 100% medals.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I really like the survival runs. I honestly thought I wasn't going to enjoy them. Those were my first 100% medals.[/QUOTE]

The survival runs aren't incredibly fun but they're not that hard either. You can easily just take your time going through them and you'll be able to finish them. The only ones that were tough was the last two at the end when you actually had to race Griff on a survival drop.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Ooooh....this has $20 written all over it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking.

[quote name='azngtlman']The survival runs aren't incredibly fun but they're not that hard either. You can easily just take your time going through them and you'll be able to finish them. The only ones that were tough was the last two at the end when you actually had to race Griff on a survival drop.[/QUOTE]
I never said they were tough, I personally enjoy them. That's all I was saying.

Not sure why this game is getting so much hate. I loved SSX 3 but I'm having a lot of fun with this game. I got it for $45 from TRU at launch and don't regret it a single bit. At $40 I think it's a great deal.

[quote name='confoosious']wait, considering some of the people who posted the negative remarks and their trackrecord of being douchebags, nevermind.[/QUOTE]

This is really funny when you think about who wrote this.

[quote name='URABAHN']This is really funny when you think about who wrote this.[/QUOTE]

I love all the haters on this site. They're all on the left side of the bell curve. :applause:

[quote name='vantheman']Asking again, does Amazon usually price match sales like this?[/QUOTE]

short answer, no

bread's done
Back