Stalin vs Martians - $7.99 this weekend, in honor of Russian Victory Day

CoffeeEdge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
[quote name='Press Release']Mezmer Games today announced that the arcade RTS game Stalin vs. Martians will be sold for a special discounted price of $7.99 during the weekend of May 9-10. This limited time offer celebrates the Victory Day (the Russian victory day, what else?) that took place on May 9th, 1945.

The game is available on all major digital download portals worldwide and the price will return to $19.95 on May 11th.[/quote]

I'm assuming this applies to Steam, Impulse, GamersGate, and Direct2Drive.

This game is an...acquired taste. I think it's funny, at least...

I wonder if this game is bad enough that it'd be worth buying for $8. IGN gave it a 2 and GameSpot gave it a 1.5 but still interesting. I remember buying Big Rigs (perhaps the worst game ever made) for $5, and it was worth so much more than that in entertainment value when I took into account how much I laughed at the horribly flawed aspects. I wonder if this could be the same kind of game.

Yeah, $8 seems a bit high for this. I'm with you on bad games maybe being worth $5 and under, though, simply so you can tell your friends about just how bad they really are. And yes, Big Rigs is definitely a sure candidate for worst game ever.

[quote name='Nirron']I wonder if this game is bad enough that it'd be worth buying for $8. IGN gave it a 2 and GameSpot gave it a 1.5 but still interesting. I remember buying Big Rigs (perhaps the worst game ever made) for $5, and it was worth so much more than that in entertainment value when I took into account how much I laughed at the horribly flawed aspects. I wonder if this could be the same kind of game.[/QUOTE]

Bad racing/action games usually have that value, bad RTS's usually don't.

[quote name='jp0213']Horrible game. Please don't waste the money. I wouldn't even take this for free.[/quote]
That's a bold statement...could they pay you to play it?

DO NOT BUY. Don't even accept this game FOR FREE. It's the BIGGEST waste of time in the RTS genre

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I wonder which of you have actually played this...[/quote]

Normally, I would agree with you. Too many people on the interwebs like to jump on the negativity bandwagon and deal in massive hyperbole. But frankly, I've seen the videos and read the reviews on IGN and GameSpot. I think it's safe to say, whether or not you've ever booted this up on your computer, that Stalin vs. Martians is a piece of trash.

If there is a demo, I'll gladly try it, so that I can say I played it and know for a fact that it's awful. Or, if someone actually does want to give it to me for free...or pay me to take...we can do that, too.

bread's done
Back