Stand with Israel.

Svengoolie

CAGiversary!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm3jgLt8ewUYep

Yep, I made another lame video talking to the camera with a bunch of glare in my glasses. I just want to support the Israelis' right... to live. Yet that somehow makes me the bad guy. I don't understand how people can argue that Palestine is vindicated. If they just left Israel alone, there wouldn't be any problems. Yet they scream "Death to Israel" and apparently won't stop until they have that land under their possession, and if that means killing every Jew in their way, that's their plan.

The only thing keeping them from that is the far superior military Israel has. There's no diplomacy involved at all. If they could take it outright, they would. They realized they couldn't achieve that on their own so now they have most of the world supporting them.

Where do you stand? With the ones defending their position, or the ones claiming that Hitler didn't finish the job and it's now up to them? The answer seems pretty clear to me.

[quote name='Svengoolie']Where do you stand? With the ones defending their position, or the ones claiming that Hitler didn't finish the job and it's now up to them? The answer seems pretty clear to me.[/QUOTE]
word.

[quote name='Msut77']If you are adamant about it why not enlist in the Israeli armed forces?[/QUOTE]
Chickenhawk.

What do you say? "Cool strawman, bro!"? Do you engage someone who clearly cannot understand historical context?

FWIW, Chinbeards are totally secksy.

[quote name='docvinh']I think it's time we let them sort it out themselves.[/QUOTE]

All i'm saying is that posturing by Zionists got them Israel without any meaningful peaceful coexistence, and now they bitch when the native peoples of the land fight back. While they have ancestral ties, they none the less stuck their dicks in someone else's shit and now are bitching louder when those who put them in power are stepping away. Not saying this make P in the right, but rather this is a clusterfuck and if you have an opinion that paints one side of the conflict good and the other bad means you have no fundamental understanding of how this situation happened.

If interested I would recommend reading books like Defending the Holy Land (Zeev Maoz), the Iron Wall (Avi Shlaim), The Iron Cage (Rashid Khalidi), and/or A history of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict (Mark Tessler). Honestly while today's realities may make one side need help more, both are FAR from being a good guy, hell even a decent guy, figuratively speaking.

I think Obama's position on the whole thing (1967 borders with mutual land swaps) is pretty reasonable. It's more reasonable then unequivocal support for one side or the other.

[quote name='IRHari']I think Obama's position on the whole thing (1967 borders with mutual land swaps) is pretty reasonable. It's more reasonable then unequivocal support for one side or the other.[/QUOTE]

The old borders means the end of Israel. There would be no way for them to defend themselves and that's why Netanyahu said there's absolutely no way they would do that. Or do you actually believe that if they agreed to these rules that the Palestinians would just leave them alone? You can't be that naive.

[quote name='Svengoolie']The old borders means the end of Israel. There would be no way for them to defend themselves and that's why Netanyahu said there's absolutely no way they would do that.[/QUOTE]

Right... they were so indefensible that each time an enemy army dared cross those borders they were crushed and Israel expanded its territory.
Obviously, a swiss-cheese border with the West Bank would be much easier to defend.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Nuke both sides, that way we could at least demonstrate objectivity.

[quote name='cindersphere'].

If interested I would recommend reading books like Defending the Holy Land (Zeev Maoz), the Iron Wall (Avi Shlaim), The Iron Cage (Rashid Khalidi), and/or A history of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict (Mark Tessler). Honestly while today's realities may make one side need help more, both are FAR from being a good guy, hell even a decent guy, figuratively speaking.[/QUOTE]

You're the first person I've ever seen here post anything by Avi Shlaim. You sir, are my new mancrush. Well played. GREAT historian, fascinating perspective.

[quote name='looploop']Right... they were so indefensible that each time an enemy army dared cross those borders they were crushed and Israel expanded its territory.
Obviously, a swiss-cheese border with the West Bank would be much easier to defend.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Listen here man, don't try to be reasonable or use any logic in this conflict.

The Israelis won all their major conflicts because they were a somewhat unified people fighting for their "homeland" while the Arabs were a disjointed mess fighting for their cousins' "homeland". Never mind the political difficulties in Egypt and Syria becoming a United Arab Republic just before the invasion. Never mind that the Jordanians were the most important part of the puzzle but they were closer to us than the Soviets. Never mind the Iraqis that basically ran out of gas in Jordan. Never mind the Iranians that stayed out of the mess because again, they were more our allies and not the Soviets.

Also, don't forget the Soviets didn't really step in because there was and is a large contingent of Russian Jews that settled in Israel. They supplied weapons, tanks, and planes but stopped short of the important advisers. The Arabs banked on Soviet support and were surprised that the Soviets balked at war for the same reasons that the Arabs were so quick to fight.

So, how do 1967 borders apply to 2011 Israel again?

bread's done
Back