Staples Game Clearance

SamuraiSmurfette

CAGiversary!
Lots of good deals at Staples coming up.
*Every* game that is discontinued, is discounted
Basically, every game will be put into 1 of 5 discount categories:

7.97 (too human, ninja gaiden 2, '09 sports games, pokemon ranger)
14.97 (pikmin wii, lego batman, Rockband 2, locoroco 2)
17.97 (FF Dissidia, Marvel Super Hero Squad, guitar hero greatest hits)
29.97 (resident evil 5, halo wars, bionic commando, punch-out, infamous, GTAIV, Street Fighter 4)
44.97 (beatles rock band, '10 sports games, batman AA, resistance 2)

Those are a few titles I noticed, YMMV. All stores will have different stuff, but the price categories will be the same.

Also, there's an upcoming sale on those "value" games...all the 19.89 ones will be 2 for $30. But I'm not sure if that sale will overlap, or if that's next week.

I'm looking for Guitar Hero DS. Will be in the $17.97 category. If anyone finds one, I'll trade :D

Excitebots, Mario & Sonic (Summer), GH Smash Hits $17.47 (all Wii)

I'm looking for Zelda TP (Wii), which is also $17.47. But Vancouver is like RFD hoarder central-lite nowadays, so I don't have my hopes up.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']hmmm, any way to check stock?[/QUOTE]

I only saw one copy at the orfus rd and dufferin rd location in Toronto.

i wonder where to look in ottawa for these games? then again, as soon as rfd gets a hold of this they'll all have been pillaged by the time I get there.

Actually, RFD already knows of this...for a few days. Pillaged and ravaged, your local store may have been :lol:

I'm in for Ninja Gaiden II at that price!

Some people on RFD have reported stores offering 50% off clearance items, so you might get lucky and have these games half price, if your local store has this sale. Huge YMMV though.

I went today at the Staples on Merivale (Ottawa) to check this out for Zelda...no dice. They do, however have a further 25% discount on already discounted games!

They had one copy of Too Human and Final Fantasy Dissidia left at the Market Mall location in Calgary. Also, the clerk told me that someone just grab their last copy of Fallout 3 (regular version) for $7.xx! :hot: They have the GOTY edition of Fallout 3 for $45 (which can probably be price matched with the future shop flier until Thursday.) Good luck.

[quote name='telepathy']lol, did they happen to have any of the above mentioned stuff there?[/QUOTE]

I saw:

RE5 (360) - tagged 44.99
SFIV (360) - tagged 49.99
Halo Wars - tagged 39.99
Gears of War (yes, the original) - tagged 39.99
GH: Smash Hits (PS3_ - tagged 17.xx
that EA tennis game for Wii - 17.xx

and some DS games that I can't remember. For some reason the Capcom games were tagged higher...

Infamous is $17 in the flyer, so make sure to point to that when they scan it

I also got Fallout 3 GOTY (360) for $17 since it was marked as the regular version, very lucky I found it

Other things I found were
Fallout 3 DLC (without Fallout 3) 360 - $14
Fallout 3 (regular) PS3 - $30
Crisis Core PSP - $17
Halo 2 xbox - $14
Grand Slam Tennis Wii - $17
Fight Night PS3 - $30
Bionic Commando PS3 - $30
and some more $40-50 games marked to $30 (none interested me though)

I went to my Staples in Farmingdale, NY. Didnt see a thing. Zero. Not even any INDICATION that anything HAD been there.

[quote name='addone']Illustr8r...maybe we should have mentioned this is the Canadian subforum... :)[/QUOTE]

boo on all you canadians and your occasional, kick ass deals

STAPR_96f7d0a7-bc72-4933-a5ca-1d3239f1f61d_101_Dec_16_pg_5%20QC.jpg

if i get my hands on that flyer (physical copy) other places still PM clearance items, right?
Its advertised so they cant get me there

[quote name='Pajo']if i get my hands on that flyer (physical copy) other places still PM clearance items, right?
Its advertised so they cant get me there[/QUOTE]
Since it is clearly stated as clearance, FS/BB can refuse a PM.

[quote name='Sousanator']
Grand Slam Tennis Wii - $17
[/QUOTE]

Wow. Congrats on finding this game for so cheap. I've been hoping the price would go down on this for the holiday season. Too bad I can't PM or anything on account of this isn't displayed on the site or in the flyer.

[quote name='Pajo']then zellers or walmart it is :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

Since you brought this up, do you mean to say that Wal-Mart will PM even though an ad describes a game as being on Clearance? Cause I have a couple deals I wanted to take advantage of for myself with some Wii games marked down on The Source's website but since 80% of the ones I wanted say Clearance, I figured I couldn't PM at FS. Thanks in advance if you get the chance to answer my question.

You can't PM these games at FS or BB anyways as they have put locks on the titles, they come up as "exclusive titles" and can't be discounted even if the manager agrees with the PM

[quote name='poiuiu']14.99
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Nintendogs Dalmations[/QUOTE]

Hey, in which store did you find zelda?

Thanks

[quote name='greywolf501']You can't PM these games at FS or BB anyways as they have put locks on the titles, they come up as "exclusive titles" and can't be discounted even if the manager agrees with the PM[/QUOTE]

Thanks for replying. Perhaps that's why two CSR's weren't able to PM Wario Land: Shake It for me today (I did notice the words "Exclusive" appear on the computer screen at the cash). One CSR found a way around it by making me pay the full price then returning the difference.

There wasn't much at the Bank staples location (unless you count the Punchout wii for $30 which isn't bad). I picked up pokemon ranger shadow of almia for $8 though (it's not a mainstream pokemon game, but for $8 it couldnt be that bad & worst case EB trade deals ftw)

[quote name='neospike']I tried to get Infamous pricematched at Wal-Mart to no avail. :cry:[/QUOTE]

What did they say?

I went in at midnight tonight (after seeing Avatar; highly recommended in 3D!) She said I'd have to come back during regular store hours so that they can call Staples and check if they have stock.

I checked two Staples and they don't have it :( I doubt any in Ottawa does by now.

I went to Bureau en Gros on Jean-Talon East, in Montreal (St-Leonard) this afternoon, and picked up:

Zelda Twilight Princess - 17,47$
Resident Evil 5, Punch-Out - 29,97$

These are insane prices!!!

[quote name='ProfNut']I went to Bureau en Gros on Jean-Talon East, in Montreal (St-Leonard) this afternoon, and picked up:

Zelda Twilight Princess - 17,47$
Resident Evil 5, Punch-Out - 29,97$

These are insane prices!!![/QUOTE]

hey was there any other good deals there that I might find tomorrow ?

[quote name='Skardee']Just picked up Batman: Arkham Asylum for $45 at Staples in London. w00t[/QUOTE]

I bought that game when it first came out, and am just starting to play it now. Definitely a fun game and worth the money.

[quote name='Nukkus']I had to complain to the manager to get my copy of infamous, it scans at $29.99.[/QUOTE]

weird
I just brought the flyer (at the front door) with me to the cashier
he saw it was at 29, i pointed out the sale, he brought the manager (the put the password to override it) and the manager finished the sale for me
no fuss

bread's done
Back