Staples Game Clearance

SamuraiSmurfette

CAGiversary!
Lots of good deals at Staples coming up.
*Every* game that is discontinued, is discounted
Basically, every game will be put into 1 of 5 discount categories:

7.97 (too human, ninja gaiden 2, '09 sports games, pokemon ranger)
14.97 (pikmin wii, lego batman, Rockband 2, locoroco 2)
17.97 (FF Dissidia, Marvel Super Hero Squad, guitar hero greatest hits)
29.97 (resident evil 5, halo wars, bionic commando, punch-out, infamous, GTAIV, Street Fighter 4)
44.97 (beatles rock band, '10 sports games, batman AA, resistance 2)

Those are a few titles I noticed, YMMV. All stores will have different stuff, but the price categories will be the same.

Also, there's an upcoming sale on those "value" games...all the 19.89 ones will be 2 for $30. But I'm not sure if that sale will overlap, or if that's next week.

I'm looking for Guitar Hero DS. Will be in the $17.97 category. If anyone finds one, I'll trade :D

"Also, there's an upcoming sale on those "value" games...all the 19.89 ones will be 2 for $30"

Ba, the past couple boxing days they had those ones 50% off. Selection was much better last year then what is there this year...nothing I'd touch at 2 for $30.

the prices are already ajusted when you read them on the sticker...

I went to a couple of Staples (Bureau en Gros) in the Montreal area and I couldn't find Infamous :(

The store on Jean-Talon Est (between Pie-IX and Viau) was the one that had the most stuff, at the end of the gaming row.

The stores on Pie-IX (Montreal-Nord) and in Faubourg Boisbriand did have some games but nothing to get excited about.

If anyone finds a big stack of Infamous at 17$, please let me know (in and around Montreal obviously).

I went to the Staples in St-Jerome, Quebec.

Nothing good... it seems somebody grabbed all the good games. I managed to find Star Wars Force Unleashed, regular edition, for 17,47$.

Not sure if this was part of the clearance sale, but I found a Rock Band Special Edition (360) for $29.99 at the Stapes just across from Chinook. It looked like the last one there, but who knows if they might have had more in the back.

Pretty funny when I went through the checkout. The cashier scanned the box which came up fine but when she looked at the price she acted all surprised like it was an error. She then called out "Rock Band for 29.99?" to which the nearby manager said "I don't think so!". So the manager walks over and the cashier asks her what she should do since the sku on the box matches what's on their computer, not to mention the huge price tag labeled "ROCK BAND 29.99". Obviously she ok'd it, but I couldn't help but roll my eyes as I left the store.

Can't wait to give it to my younger sister for Christmas. Will go nicely with the 360 she'll also be receiving :D

didnt see anything useful (on sale or older but good games), or a large pc or ps3 section

well it IS staples, usa doesnt get any games

Deal is still on at the Downtown Edmonton location. Not too much left, but picked up Rockband 2 (360) for $15.00.

There was also a copy of Fallout 3 (360) for $17.50

Most prices were on par with recent sales and a couple were still too high.

No luck getting a Rock Band SE kit at Saskatoon - 8th Street location - they had sold out.

They did have the Beatles value band kit for $112 or something, which seemed reasonable if unexceptional.
They also had GH5 for $45 if that's your thing.

Oh, and the London Drugs next door had two RB2 wireless drum kits for PS2/PS3 for $50 each.

bread's done
Back