Star Craft II: Wings of Liberty - 29.99+ Free Ship from Newegg

[quote name='kross036']Saw this over at SD, and looked for a thread here but couldn't find one. My bad if I missed it.

Newegg has Star Craft II for PC for 29.99 plus free shipping. Also qualifies for Shoprunner if you have it. It's a hardcopy, not a digital download which may changed some people's minds.

Cheapest price I've seen since Black Friday.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832127003[/QUOTE]
Actually while it is a hardcopy, you register your CD code with Blizzard and you are allowed to download it digitally whenever you want.

Also good price for a great game.

Definitely the lowest price I have personally seen it. It may be in preparation for the (eventual) release of the expansion "Heart of the Swarm," as it is to my understanding that it requires "Wings of Liberty."

And as Sir_Fragalot mentioned, even though you can still install it using the disc (saves you a few GB of downloads), you still need to register the key to a Battle.net account to play online. Without access to an account, it'll restrict you to "guest" mode and you'll only be allowed to play the single-player (although I'm not sure if it will stop you from progressing too far in the campaign before requiring you to connect to Battle.net).

[quote name='immanewb']Definitely the lowest price I have personally seen it. It may be in preparation for the (eventual) release of the expansion "Heart of the Swarm," as it is to my understanding that it requires "Wings of Liberty."

And as Sir_Fragalot mentioned, even though you can still install it using the disc (saves you a few GB of downloads), you still need to register the key to a Battle.net account to play online. Without access to an account, it'll restrict you to "guest" mode and you'll only be allowed to play the single-player (although I'm not sure if it will stop you from progressing too far in the campaign before requiring you to connect to Battle.net).[/QUOTE]

I was lucky enough to get the special edition for $20 at a Target clearance last year...on Valentine's Day.

bread's done
Back