Star Fox 64 (3DS) $19.99 @Kmart (Free Store Pickup)

slay65

CAGiversary!
Was at Kmart today and noticed Star Fox 64 for $19.99. The tag on the shelf said the sale ends 6/1. I picked up a copy.

It is also online too but shipping is $6 but you can pickup at store for Free. Seems like a good deal to me since it is $39.99 at other local stores and $32.68 at Amazon.

Kmart Link

I bought a copy from Amazon Warehouse Deals yesterday but I caught this and ended up getting a price matched copy at Best Buy today.

I figure I'll just refuse the used copy whenever it arrives. Much prefer a new copy with a Club Nintendo code I can stash away for next year.

Just picked one up. The price in the glass case still had the full price. I had to ask for a price check and sure enough it was $19.99.

[quote name='soonersfan60']How much do you think I can sell my 3DS Starfox download code for? I'd much rather have the physical copy...[/QUOTE]

eBay has a few codes listed as having sold for $25ish.

Wow. Just wow.

I ordered Star Fox 64 3D from kmart.com at the $19.99 price on Wednesday, May 15, 2013. I just got my package today (Monday, May 20, 2013), and when I opened it, I noticed that the usual plastic packaging that comes with these Nintendo games was off.

Then I opened the package. There was no game cartridge inside.

IMG_1879.JPG

I am so mad. I just finished talking with the Kmart Customer Service on the phone, and they will give me a refund in credit. I will make one more attempt at buying this game once I receive the credit, and I will make sure to request that they leave the plastic packaging on to prevent any possibility of an employee stealing the game and trolling the buyer.

There are no Kmarts close to where I live, so an online purchase was my best option. However, after this fiasco is finished, I am done with making business with Kmart. Do the packagers not check if the product is even in the package? Also, what kind of Kmart employee would even bother to not only take off the plastic packaging, but also take out the game cartridge?!

Edit: By "plastic packaging," I mean the Y-fold plastic seal that comes with every new Nintendo game to prevent potential buyers from just opening the game container and stealing the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fobo911']Wow. Just wow.

I ordered Star Fox 64 3D from kmart.com at the $19.99 price on Wednesday, May 15, 2013. I just got my package today (Monday, May 20, 2013), and when I opened it, I noticed that the usual plastic packaging that comes with these Nintendo games was off.

IMG_1879.JPG

I am so mad. I just finished talking with the Kmart Customer Service on the phone, and they will give me a refund in credit. I will make one more attempt at buying this game once I receive the credit, and I will make sure to request that they leave the plastic packaging on to prevent any possibility of an employee stealing the game and trolling the buyer.

There are no Kmarts close to where I live, so an online purchase was my best option. However, after this fiasco is finished, I am done with making business with Kmart. Do the packagers not check if the product is even in the package? Also, what kind of Kmart employee would even bother to not only take off the plastic packaging, but also take out the game cartridge?![/QUOTE]

You mean the Y fold seal was completely missing?

[quote name='TheScareCrowBB']Do I call them?[/QUOTE]

Yes you call them and you want the Online Ordering department. They will help you from there.

IMG_1879.JPG

There are no Kmarts close to where I live, so an online purchase was my best option. However, after this fiasco is finished, I am done with making business with Kmart. Do the packagers not check if the product is even in the package? Also, what kind of Kmart employee would even bother to not only take off the plastic packaging, but also take out the game cartridge?!

Edit: By "plastic packaging," I mean the Y-fold plastic seal that comes with every new Nintendo game to prevent potential buyers from just opening the game container and stealing the game.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:#

That's a mess.

You should try Target or Best Buy. They price match online stores.

Edit: By "plastic packaging," I mean the Y-fold plastic seal that comes with every new Nintendo game to prevent potential buyers from just opening the game container and stealing the game.[/QUOTE]I didn't really read the story but enjoy the game man.

[quote name='Fobo911']Yup.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that. I too ordered a shipped copy of the game from them, but it appears I lucked out (game was sealed and looks new). Could've been a one time deal where you just had the misfortune of having a douchebag pack your box :(.

[quote name='BadBoy787512']Sorry to hear that. I too ordered a shipped copy of the game from them, but it appears I lucked out (game was sealed and looks new). Could've been a one time deal where you just had the misfortune of having a douchebag pack your box :(.[/QUOTE]
It's okay for now. At least the Club Nintendo slip is still inside the incomplete package, and I can give it to someone else when I get my actual new Star Fox 64 3D game; hopefully the employee or thief that took the game out didn't use the code already.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back