Star Ocean 3 $20 at Target

Mafia

CAGiversary!
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time this week was dropped down to $19.99 at my Target (Connecticut). Haven't seen this yet, but since someone already posted the Burnout 3 price drop I decided to post this one. I believe it dropped the same day as Burnout 3 so I think this is most likely a universal price drop.

If the tag on it still reads $50 just ask for a price check. It was probably changed this past Monday along with Burnout 3 so my guess is that it will be universal and should be hitting every Target over the next couple of weeks. I don't know how long or how wide every price change is, but around here Monday is the day it happens.

first we have the gamecrazy 3 for $15, bk and tos gc for $20, and now burnout 3 and star ocean for $20...i'm happy but so poor...

All the Targets in my area are cleaned out of Star Ocean, so I was hoping someone out there could help a brother out and purchase one.

I have plenty of access to Game Crazy and Gamerush, so if you need a recent discounted game (like Baten Kaitos or Tales Of Symphonia) I can certainly hook it up too ;)

[quote name='Joe Fongul']All the Targets in my area are cleaned out of Star Ocean, so I was hoping someone out there could help a brother out and purchase one.

I have plenty of access to Game Crazy and Gamerush, so if you need a recent discounted game (like Baten Kaitos or Tales Of Symphonia) I can certainly hook it up too ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm going this afternoon, if they have it and it's 20 I'll gladly pick it up for you for just the 20+tax+2 bucks shipping. In the meantime if anyone else finds you one take it because I'm not sure I've seen it at my target.

Zounds! It is the week of the discounted RPG. It's enough to drive a man dead broke. I'm already planning on picking up a copy of Baten Kaitos today... will I also pick up a copy of Star Ocean 3? I guess it will depend on whether or not I can overcome a guilty conscience.

I need another RPG like a hole in my head (still haven't finished FF X and have another 5-6 in the backlog pile) but I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='dopa345']I need another RPG like a hole in my head (still haven't finished FF X and have another 5-6 in the backlog pile) but I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel I still have NES games(and a crap load of PS1) I need to get around to playing. But I picked it up anyways.

How cheap is Burnout 3? I swear that is the only game that doesn't drop in price! I have been waiting for a price drop forever!

[quote name='tdphillips']This was posted in the Target Clearance sticky, but I think it deserves its own thread for visibility.[/QUOTE]

Why? This is just as YMMV as all other Target deals.

Bank account is taking a beating in the last 2 weeks...probably gonna have to pick this one up though.

Didn't catch this in the Target thread, so thanks OP!

[quote name='icemanjmw13']I'm going this afternoon, if they have it and it's 20 I'll gladly pick it up for you for just the 20+tax+2 bucks shipping. In the meantime if anyone else finds you one take it because I'm not sure I've seen it at my target.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for keeping an eye on it at least. Worst case scenerio if someone does not find one is that I can roll to Gamerush and get it for $30 new after the trade in deal. But if someone can find one for me, I'll be all :D

FYI, to anyone calling to check about this first before going in (like I did), there's no "3" on the box, just:
"Star Ocean
Till the End of Time"

And make sure that they check the bargain/clearance areas of the games, NOT just the case. When I called in, that's what they did, and I almost gave up at that point, but I decided to check on a whim since I'd be close, anyway, and there it was.

The outer box was a little banged up (shame, it's pretty), but it's otherwise fine. So thanks for posting this up, Mafia!

This isn't a clearance price, although anything $29.99 or lower doesn't necessarily have to be in the case. We still had it in the case, either because of the packaging or just to keep it full, but it could be in a different aisle because of the drop.

Hell, we recently moved every ESPN 2K5 game out of the case (cept for MLB since it's still fairly new).

The San Jose Landess Target has 6 copies of Star Ocean in thier case (still marked at $49.95). All the other Targets nearby are OOS. No Burnout 3 XB or MGS 3 sadly...

[quote name='j-fever']The San Jose Landess Target has 6 copies of Star Ocean in thier case (still marked at $49.95). All the other Targets nearby are OOS. No Burnout 3 XB or MGS 3 sadly...[/QUOTE]

Did you ask for a price check on Star Ocean? It might be marked at $50, but it will probably ring up for $20. That's what happened to me. I asked for a price check, but the guy said it was a new game so it was $50, but I asked him to check anyways.

I also tried to get a price-match at Fry's using Target and Oupost.com, but they would not do it. Oh well, get your copies of SO at Target while they have em!

Got one at the Beechmont Target. There were still about 3-4 in the case there if anyone in the area wants them. The Target in Milford was OOS on it.

Argh, I none of my local Targets have SO3 in stock. It looks like I'll have to call stores farther out tomorrow. Man, is it me or between EBgames, Target, and Kmart is this just a good time for deals this month. I've just spent $70 at EB this month alone.

I am willing to buy a Star Ocean 3 for another CAG at Target, if they can find a Burnout 3 XB at Target in trade? PM me.

Im going tomorrow to check this out--- Would you recommend this to play, or is it more trade fodder than anything else?

[quote name='ne2eire']Are people getting the holographic box or the normal one?[/QUOTE]

What do the two boxes look like? I've only ever seen the shiny foil one.

bread's done
Back