Star Ocean International Edition PS3 24.98/18.99 New/Used

coopx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
Just bought Star Ocean PS3 for 18.99 free shipping (Prime) at Amazon, they also have it for $24.96 New (3rd party). Not sure if its a good deal but atleast they have the cheapest.

360 is cheaper because it came out like 2 years earlier - PS3 versions just dropped recently I think.

Is there anything extra in the PS3 versions? Thinking about picking it up and would like the PS3 version mainly for 1 bluray instead of 4 discs.

[quote name='grrouchie']360 is cheaper because it came out like 2 years earlier - PS3 versions just dropped recently I think.

Is there anything extra in the PS3 versions? Thinking about picking it up and would like the PS3 version mainly for 1 bluray instead of 4 discs.[/QUOTE]

I heard PS3 version has extra playable character, i think i saw it at youtube game review.

The $18.99 used is not bad, i always buy used from Amazon Warehouse their items are really in mint like new condition.

The last time i bought used item from them is like a month ago Red Dead Redemption for $22.99, and the codes that comes with it are unused.

[quote name='coopx']Yeah, i dont know why, but 360 copies are always cheaper.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 one came out a bit later and features some additional features/characters, I think.

[quote name='grrouchie']360 is cheaper because it came out like 2 years earlier - PS3 versions just dropped recently I think.

Is there anything extra in the PS3 versions? Thinking about picking it up and would like the PS3 version mainly for 1 bluray instead of 4 discs.[/QUOTE]

It has extra content. The disk swapping is the big advantage. The 360 version already has plenty of long ass dungeons. Trust me, you don't need more dungeons.

Big difference with the PS3 version:
Dual Japanese/English audio. The English voice acting isn't very good, so I appreciate the ability to use Japanese voice acting instead.
On a minor note, you can switch between the CG renders and more traditional anime art in the menu.

[quote name='SDC']Big difference with the PS3 version:
Dual Japanese/English audio. The English voice acting isn't very good, so I appreciate the ability to use Japanese voice acting instead.
On a minor note, you can switch between the CG renders and more traditional anime art in the menu.[/QUOTE]

Don't switch art styles during epic space battles!

Disc switching is so overrated but I hear the English voice overs is horrible so the ability to play it with the original japenesse voices is a big plus.

[quote name='technicalstylez']19.99 new and 17.99 used at gamestop.[/QUOTE]

yeah good luck though , been waiting for gamestop to restock it for almost 3 months now. I also dont like buying used from GS, its better in amazon the condition is guaranteed mint and no tax.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Disc switching is so overrated but I hear the English voice overs is horrible so the ability to play it with the original japenesse voices is a big plus.[/QUOTE]

The disk switching in this game is bad. On the last disk you have to keep changing disks to go back to old areas. It gets annoying enough that I didn't even want to return to the old towns. The voice acting is definitely terrible too.

[quote name='coopx']yeah good luck though , been waiting for gamestop to restock it for almost 3 months now. I also dont like buying used from GS, its better in amazon the condition is guaranteed mint and no tax.[/QUOTE]

um, i use gamestop store locator and check the inventory. 2 stores near me have new ones. i bought one new and sealed. yesterday i bought a used one for my gf in store that is like new/complete with case and manual. i guess u just have to be willing to look around. that being said i picked up rule of rose and haunting ground both like new/complete used and dj hero 1 like new/complete for $33 total w/ b2g1 free coupon... try getting that deal on amazon.

[quote name='technicalstylez']um, i use gamestop store locator and check the inventory. 2 stores near me have new ones. i bought one new and sealed. yesterday i bought a used one for my gf in store that is like new/complete with case and manual. i guess u just have to be willing to look around. that being said i picked up rule of rose and haunting ground both like new/complete used and dj hero 1 like new/complete for $33 total w/ b2g1 free coupon... try getting that deal on amazon.[/QUOTE]

Looks like you have a great Gamestop on your area, on my gamestop here i never saw a used game in Like-new condition. Anyway yeah those are great deals.

bread's done
Back