Star Ocean: Last Hope International Playstation3 Game SQUARE ENIX 15.99 @ NEWEGG

i had decided shortly after posting wth i went the hell and got the game also have the guide laying around in a stack so might play though it

Submitted price to Amazon. This game has been in my cart for 3 months now! Before BF Hubbagames (fulfilled by Amazon) was selling it like $30 with 180 in stock. BF went down to $22 with 160 in stock. Yesterday dropped to $21 with 260 in stock.

Hope the seller or Amazon price matches since I have lots of credit and giftcards to use. I would get it from Newegg but I'd rather not pay CA tax.

[quote name='deviousnaraku']Submitted price to Amazon. This game has been in my cart for 3 months now! Before BF Hubbagames (fulfilled by Amazon) was selling it like $30 with 180 in stock. BF went down to $22 with 160 in stock. Yesterday dropped to $21 with 260 in stock.

Hope the seller or Amazon price matches since I have lots of credit and giftcards to use. I would get it from Newegg but I'd rather not pay CA tax.[/QUOTE]

Same here!

I bought vanquish and valkyria chronicles for the PS3 or 20 & 30 respectively and they're still in my backlog. They've dropped to like $5&$15 since and that makes me FFFFFFFFFFUUUU

My copy already shipped. Now I have the entire Star Ocean collection (1+2 PSP, 3 for PS2, and 4 for PS3). I guess I actually have to play them now, huh?

The bad news: I ordered it with Aliens: Infestation to use the $40 credit, but they cancelled my Aliens order after accepting my payment. They better issue me a giftcard or something...

I don't think the universe wants me to play this game... Had it on the 360 but put it aside after the first dungeon with little miss Kay for other games.... When I was ready to start playing it again the PS3 version was out and on sale so I sold the 360 version and got the PS3 version.... When I got back to the same spot I was in the 360 version my PS3 got the fucking yellow light....

When I get back a PS3 I'm going to try to fix my old one temporally to get the data off of it and if that doesn't work I'll just start over, I'm sure my house will burn down next time I play it though so yeah...

Enjoy the game guys! \\:D/

[quote name='USB Cable']
When I get back a PS3 I'm going to try to fix my old one temporally to get the data off of it and if that doesn't work I'll just start over, I'm sure my house will burn down next time I play it though so yeah...

Enjoy the game guys! \\:D/[/QUOTE]

So when you get the YLOD you can't just take your HD out and put it into a new PS3?

I have a fat system so just preparation on my part.

Yeah i had guide to this and when I saw the price I said F it. Traded guide in for $80 credit on amazon lol. Can always use gamefaqs.

[quote name='Cjrosa6']So when you get the YLOD you can't just take your HD out and put it into a new PS3?[/QUOTE]
Nope. The new system will require the HDD to be reformatted (it will prompt you at first boot).

Recommendations:
1) Use an external HDD to backup as much as you can.
2) For protected game saves, the only way to back them up is online ... and for that you must be a Playstation Plus member. I was against signing up for Plus, but it has paid for itself.
3) ... or you can be anal retentive, like I was, and purchase a slim and do a direct system transfer from your phat to the slim before your phat dies.

[quote name='USB Cable']I don't think the universe wants me to play this game... Had it on the 360 but put it aside after the first dungeon with little miss Kay for other games.... When I was ready to start playing it again the PS3 version was out and on sale so I sold the 360 version and got the PS3 version.... When I got back to the same spot I was in the 360 version my PS3 got the fucking yellow light....

Enjoy the game guys! \\:D/[/QUOTE]

This made me laugh. Kudos to you, soon to be homeless person! lol

This game is not good. I beat it on the 360 some time ago. Terrible game.

Also, who designs a spaceship that is 90% corridors and 10% functional room/space? It seems like a huge waste of resources.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Must of been okay if you beat it :D[/QUOTE]

I did beat it but that probably says more about me than the game. It isn't good. Also, I put the game down for like 6 months when I got to the final zone. I eventually forced myself to finish. The best parts are some of the cut scenes. They are xenosaga-ish.

"Not good" as in depth as can be right there! It has flaws, but also has an enormous amount of positives. How much do the flaws bother you is the question!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zaku77']"Not good" as in depth as can be right there! It has flaws, but also has an enormous amount of positives. How much do the flaws bother you is the question![/QUOTE]

Go on and defend it. People should know the game is shit. There are better jrpg's this generation. Of course that depends on you being console agnostic. Tales of vesperia is great. It rivals some of the best jrpg's of previoud generations.

No argument there, Tales is my favorite RPG series, but SO 4 isn't shit. It has some issues, but there is so much good stuff there too.

[quote name='Zaku77']No argument there, Tales is my favorite RPG series, but SO 4 isn't shit. It has some issues, but there is so much good stuff there too.[/QUOTE]

To me one of the big things about the game is that the dungeons are wayyyyy too big. Sure I joked about the ships being 90% hallways and 10% rooms that would actually be in a spaceship but lets face it, the dungeons are a huge part of the game and the design downright sucks. The plot, being probably the most important aspect of a JRPG, is pretty bad/cliche as well.

Obviously there are worse jrpg's this generation but I still don't think this game is woth playing. Maybe it's worth it if you are the biggest JRPG fan of all time or you are really desperate to play one and don't have any good ones left.

The combat system, though, is very good! There are loads of sidequests, the graphics and music are both very pleasing for the most part, and it has lots of fan service for fans of the other games. I also really enjoy the overall open-ness of the game. The huge over worlds got annoying while farming for items, but are still very neat, and leave fond memories.

I can see why people may not be into it, but to say it is objectively shit is so wrong.

If I remember 8-4 play peeps did the translation. On there podcast they have mentioned with exclamations of how terrible this game is. Just sayin. I have enuf RPGs and other games that require time sink.

That's all I had heard too. I ended up enjoying it though, and I'm extremely critical and over analytic about game's faults. It's always best to try for yourself if you're interested at all.

bread's done
Back