Star Trek Into Darkness Starfleet Phaser LE Set Blu-ray 3D $79.99 Pre Order - Amazon

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
You can pre order the Star Trek inot Darknes Starfleet Phaser Limited Editon Gift Set on Amazon. Looks pretty nice hopefully it goes down in price.

http://www.amazon.com/Darkness-Star...64878&sr=8-2&keywords=star+trek+into+darkness

41iK9EIfMWL._SX300_.jpg

I see the Amazon page has a bunch of text touting that the phaser replica is "exactly the same as the ones in the movie" and I can't help but think I'll be disappointed if I don't decide to cancel this preorder... oh well.

Thanks for the heads up! This looks like a great deal and I hope it turns out to be exactly that!!

[quote name='SMBScooby']I have to agree. It is a just in IMAX 3D.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw it in IMAX 3D yesterday and it was just awesome from start to finish. Tempted to see it again in fact, which is a rarity for me these days.

Disagree with everyone. Saw it, thought it was average. At least they didnt have to write a script. Hey let's just do everything opposite in this crazy new universe!

[quote name='Blaster man']Disagree with everyone. Saw it, thought it was average. At least they didnt have to write a script. Hey let's just do everything opposite in this crazy new universe![/QUOTE]

I agree, this movie is ok but not "great" like everyone is trying to make it to be. I think most people that fawn for this movie are big fans of 09 and not really into the show or the original movies, imo.

[quote name='SMBScooby']Make sure you watch it in IMAX not IMAX experience.[/QUOTE]

What is the difference? I have 2 Imax theaters near me, one of them was one of the first few theaters to have an Imax screen but they both say "experience" when I check movie listings.

I feel like watching it again in 3D, I watched an early showing last weekend and I was left pleasantly entertained.

[quote name='skiizim']What is the difference? I have 2 Imax theaters near me, one of them was one of the first few theaters to have an Imax screen but they both say "experience" when I check movie listings.

I feel like watching it again in 3D, I watched an early showing last weekend and I was left pleasantly entertained.[/QUOTE]

No idea the difference. I saw it in "IMAX" which is a lot bigger and somewhat rounded screen. A "real" IMAX is 4x that size thiugh. I'm pretty sure they call the one I went to IMAX and not experience though. I and others call it "Mini IMAX". Google it.

[quote name='skiizim']What is the difference? I have 2 Imax theaters near me, one of them was one of the first few theaters to have an Imax screen but they both say "experience" when I check movie listings.

I feel like watching it again in 3D, I watched an early showing last weekend and I was left pleasantly entertained.[/QUOTE]

Here is an article that explains it
http://thepixelpulse.com/2011/12/what-is-an-imax-experience-and-why-should-you-care/

40 minutes of the movie was shot in IMAX. When you watch it in a real IMAX screen most of the movie is in letter box format but when the scene where an IMAX camera was used it actualy fills the whole screen.

There's only one real IMAX theatre in NYC (well 2 counting the one at the Natural history museum) the rest are "LieMax" theatres. If I'm paying IMAX prices, I'm going to see it in the legit ones.

The biggest IMAX I've ever been too was at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia, that thing is insane.

[quote name='Blaster man']Was anyone else given a free Star Trek poster for seeing thr IMAX version?[/QUOTE]

It was only given out to the 8:01pm showing the day before release date.

[quote name='SMBScooby']It was only given out to the 8:01pm showing the day before release date.[/QUOTE]

I received some posters like that for The Hobbit, they were actually pretty cool, I wish I would have scored some Star Trek ones.

I found this article reagarding Imax and Liemax. I guess the one I was referring too, Edwards Ontario Mills 22 is an official screen. That sucker is huge, I've actually watched quite a few Imax movies there.

[quote name='SMBScooby']It was only given out to the 8:01pm showing the day before release date.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I got one today at a matinee showing. Maybe they forgot before or had extras? I got two because my wife and I both went.

[quote name='whoknows']Anyone who said this movie was anything but great has a wrong opinion.[/QUOTE]
Agreed seen it 3x and still love it. A True Trekkie loves anytink Star Trek btw..

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Never been a "trekkie" till the J.J. movies...I'm hooked loved the first, loved the 2nd one.[/QUOTE]
Was for the other person.. The Trekkie in him is against non original story line so he hates it why i said he was not a True Trekkie. ;)

[quote name='whoknows']Anyone who said this movie was anything but great has a wrong opinion.[/QUOTE]

Right....

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Agreed seen it 3x and still love it. A True Trekkie loves anytink Star Trek btw..[/QUOTE]

Not true, A true Trekkie would agree with me that this isn't a bad movie but it isn't great either. Another ST fan went with me and enjoyed all of it till about the last part of the movie. I won't spoil it but needless to say most Trekkie fans probably think the same thing. What made 09 different was that it was completely off the wall with the whole alternate universe. Into The Darkness robs something from somewhere reverses it instead of something unique.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Never been a "trekkie" till the J.J. movies...I'm hooked loved the first, loved the 2nd one.[/QUOTE]

Go and watch Enterprise, TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, and all the original movies then let us know if you like the franchise then you might be able to call yourself a Trekkie. Till then your a JJ Abrhams fan.:;)

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Was for the other person.. The Trekkie in him is against non original story line so he hates it why i said he was not a True Trekkie. ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='neoz']Right....

Not true, A true Trekkie would agree with me that this isn't a bad movie but it isn't great either. Another ST fan went with me and enjoyed all of it till about the last part of the movie. I won't spoil it but needless to say most Trekkie fans probably think the same thing. What made 09 different was that it was completely off the wall with the whole alternate universe. Into The Darkness robs something from somewhere reverses it instead of something unique.

Go and watch Enterprise, TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, and all the original movies then let us know if you like the franchise then you might be able to call yourself a Trekkie. Till then your a JJ Abrhams fan.:;)[/QUOTE]

My name is WormFOODx and I endorse this entire message.

[quote name='neoz']Right....

Go and watch Enterprise, TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, and all the original movies then let us know if you like the franchise then you might be able to call yourself a Trekkie. Till then your a JJ Abrhams fan.:;)[/QUOTE]
The True Trekkie's love everything Trek no matter what... So nice try.

[quote name='neoz']Go and watch Enterprise, TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, and all the original movies then let us know if you like the franchise then you might be able to call yourself a Trekkie. Till then your a JJ Abrhams fan.:;)[/QUOTE]

LOL...pass. Ive never had any interest in the past series...I am a fan of JJ which is how I got into the new ones. So I guess I'm not a trekkie.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FNL 4EVA']The True Trekkie's love everything Trek no matter what... So nice try.[/QUOTE]

Terrible statement.

Thats like saying a TRUE star wars fan likes everything star wars.

Which to wit I would point you to originaltrilogy.com

Prequels are really terrible films, only III is bareable to watch.

Still a freaking travesty that I cant get an official blu ray release of the GOUT (George's Original Unaltered Trilogy) and have to resort to fan made versions, that while fantastic, are not the real deal...

I saw it twice, like a week early from special screening with Testimony interview at Regal LA Live Theater in Los Angeles, and the other one is World Premiere @ Chinese 6 Theater in Hollywood.

The 3D release alone is worth around $25, so the Phaser is costing you about $55. If sold separately, I'd guess that it would sell for around $50, so it's not really that overpriced for what's included in my opinion.

It depends on how limited it is too. If there's very few then it could sell out and become valuable. But if Amazon has a ton of them, then it could go down the path of other Amazon exclusives and show up in lighting deals, or on Black Friday for much less

Here's some more details, straight from the makers. It sounds like a quality product.

QMx created this weapon for the 2013 J.J. Abrams Star Trek movie. Using the same molds, we've created a stunning replica for you. The hero props in the movie have a servo-powered spinner to change the intensity setting from "stun" to "kill"; our replica is spring-loaded with an active locking mechanism that snaps the spinner neatly in place.

The Star Trek Into Darkness Phaser Replica is solid polystone core enrobed in metal plating with several finishes -- brushed aluminum, gun metal, and chrome -- to create an exact match of the hero phasers used onscreen.

The QMx Star Trek Into Darkness Phaser Replica measures 10.5 inches long x 7 inches high (grip included) and weighs more than one pound. It comes with a custom-designed display stand in black lucite and includes a brass name plaque.

Don't leave Starfleet without your Star Trek Into Darkness Phaser Replica.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael'] It depends on how limited it is too. If there's very few then it could sell out and become valuable. But if Amazon has a ton of them, then it could go down the path of other Amazon exclusives and show up in lighting deals, or on Black Friday for much less.[/QUOTE]

The only thing is if you miss it when it is on sale you are going to pay a good price for it a good example is the Alien anthology with the light up statue.

Umm.. True stare wars fans DO love everything star wars. It's kid of dumb to be like "I love star trek, but i hate ENT, VOY, and DS9" Then be more specific and say you love TOS and TNG and thats it. Trekkies love all things Trek. While they might not love them all an equal amount, they still enjoy it. I wasn't a huge fan of Enterprise but I still liked it and would watch it again. I love TNG and DS9 the most, even more than TOS. But I will watch ANYTHING Star Trek related at ANY time. Hell I just watched all 11 movies before seeing Into Darkness, just because.

But the same for Star Wars. Sure, Anakin is an annoying kid and Jar Jar makes you want to kill yourself, but it was STILL Star Wars and I still enjoyed it enough to watch it more times afterwards. It may be my LEAST favorite, but I don't hate it. And I also don't pass judgement on something until I've seen everything in the series, be it TV or movies. That's just me though. But a Trekkie is someone who eats sleeps and breathes Trek of all kinds and not just "oh i love the JJ movies" I loved both JJ movies too, and I loved them because I love alternate timeline stuff and knowning what I know about the normal timeline, it made me love them even more because of all the subtle things. Like Bones saying he liked Spock in the first movie but then later starts to show his dislike for Spock, or the spock/kirk role reversal from WoK, Vulcan being destroyed, etc..etc..OK I'm ranting. Sorry. I love Star Trek more than Star Wars, but I still can watch every Star Trek show and love it overall and I can watch any of the 6 Star Wars movies and love it too. Darth Maul is badass. OK end rant.

That is incredibly warped logic. Going by this, George Lucas himself is not a true Star Wars fan and hasn't been for over 30 years.

bread's done
Back