Star Trek Original Series Seasons 1-3 Blu-ray $81.70 at DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the post OP. I'm debating on getting these. I like the old episodes and have wanted to start collecting them on Blu-ray but been spending so much so far on ST:TNG Blu-rays and my wallet is hurting. :) But this is a good deal.

If interested, look on the far right side of the screen to refer three friends via email - enter three emails - one of which you can check on a different computer and/or browser - click the link and viola! 10% off coupon. Every little bit helps. Saw this on BR.com.

Thanks, I grabbed it. This is probably half off the cheapest I've ever seen it.

I may regret it later, but oh well.

For those concerned about buying from Deep Discount, don't forget you can submit the $81.70 price to Amazon in the hopes that they will drop their price. You find the set on Amazon here, then scroll down to the Product Details and click the Tell Us About A Lower Price link in the bottom of that section.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Thanks, I grabbed it. This is probably half off the cheapest I've ever seen it.

I may regret it later, but oh well.[/QUOTE]I'd have to agree that this is the cheapest it's ever been. The complete series set comes with a slipcover for the season sets.

It's well worth the upgrade if you like the TOS episodes.
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-Trek-The-Original-Series-Season-1-Blu-ray/4189/#Review
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-Trek-The-Original-Series-Season-2-Blu-ray/6281/#Review
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-Trek-The-Original-Series-Season-3-Blu-ray/7192/#Review

TOS was shot on film and just about any film-shot TV series put to BD looks pretty good. Twilight Zone is another example of this.

Cheapest I managed to get it was from BB a couple of years ago when they had the individual season sets around the $40 range before a promotion for buying multiple items that gave a further discount.

If you want this set, this is as cheap as it's been. And yes, it's DD, so you have to set your expectation levels appropriately. Personally, I think it's a price mistake and they may not honor it, though you might get lucky.

Feel like a chump for missing the original price, but $97.38 is still a spectacular deal. I was tempted to wait and see if they lower it again, but they're much more likely to raise it back to the original price before that. I'll just pretend I never read the original deal and be happy I grabbed these for less than $100. :D Oh and thank you knight19 for pointing out the 10% coupon!

Great price, but it doesn't really matter as you will likely never get it. I've never really cared for DD, but they used to at least be a half-assed company. I am over my limit now for them fucking up things in basically every conceivable way, not to mention their god-awful excuse for "packaging". My advice: try to get someone to PM, and avoid DD like the plague that they are.

So wanna hit this up, but I hear such bad things about deep discount. I only ordered once years ago and even them when they were still "good" and even then it took long.

Just got this in the mail today. Packaged nicely, no damage. Was nervous about all the negative comments about DeepDiscount, but at least in this case, they really came through.

Yeah, only thing weird is the 3rd season is thinner and doesn't come with the slipcase like the first two seasons... but it's the same way on Amazon's image of it, so I guess it's just like that.

Glad to hear these reports. Hope to see mine today. I was tracking my order until it got to a "shipping partner facility" in Compton a week ago, and apparently it can't be tracked beyond that? Weak. Add that to the list of DD grievances I guess, if that's how they always handle it. I'll have very little to complain about once I have this set in my hands though. :D

To those who received their set, did it go through some "shipping partner facility" in Compton, CA with no tracking data available beyond that point? That's where mine was at nine days ago. The suspense is killing me, especially with Amazon offering it for $109 right now.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Yeah, only thing weird is the 3rd season is thinner and doesn't come with the slipcase like the first two seasons... but it's the same way on Amazon's image of it, so I guess it's just like that.[/QUOTE]

Season 3 does have a slipcover. Like all slipboxes it all depends on who is packing them. Sometimes you get lucky and get all three sometimes you don't get any of them. If you are interested in selling your slips feel free to PM me.

Woohoo, finally got mine over the weekend! Tracking was dead quiet for like two weeks. Then before I knew it, it got updated to NJ and I had my stuff the next day. No slipcover on S3 but I'll live. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back