Star Wars Console release date

unless they rebuilt the game from the ground up the game is horrible, console and kinect look neat but I wouldn't buy that cause I wouldn't put any of my money towards the game

[quote name='theredworm']unless they rebuilt the game from the ground up the game is horrible, console and kinect look neat but I wouldn't buy that cause I wouldn't put any of my money towards the game[/QUOTE]

Actually, it was not that bad last time I tried the demo. I'm personally excited for this, game and all! A free game is a free game, bro!

The Star Wars fanbase and collectables go together like white on rice. I plan on buying a few of these bad boys myself to resell. ;)

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Actually, it was not that bad last time I tried the demo. I'm personally excited for this, game and all! A free game is a free game, bro![/QUOTE]

I played the demo in September and it was the worst kinect game I've played by far. Beyond broken.

[quote name='theredworm']I played the demo in September and it was the worst kinect game I've played by far. Beyond broken.[/QUOTE]

I thought the rancor section was quite fun and responsive. Just my opinion, though.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Actually, it was not that bad last time I tried the demo. I'm personally excited for this, game and all! A free game is a free game, bro![/QUOTE]

well...it's not exactly a free game. you pay a premium for the console bundle.

[quote name='100xp']well...it's not exactly a free game. you pay a premium for the console bundle.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is. Last I checked, a 250GB Xbox (Not the 320GB you'll get) is $299 and Kinect is $149. So, anything else is free, e.g. the game. LOL, at lack of logic...

I don't have a dog in this fight, but...

Hard drive parity aside, Kinect can be routinely had for $99(with Adventure, Gunstringer & Fruit Ninja)(like now) and gift cards are given out like candy with console purchases. Not to mention you can still get the bundle with Reach and Fable.

So yeah, for $50 less you could have a comparable system with 5 solid games or a fancy paint job with 2 games (one that is arguably terrible). That is most certainly a premium, it just depends on what value you place on the "SW-ness" of it.

They added some type of Dance Central mode called Galactic Dance Mode..

"Star Wars-themed pop tunes where those still honing their Jedi skills can take a break to battle Darth Vader on the dance floor"

wow.. just wow

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Yeah it is. Last I checked, a 250GB Xbox (Not the 320GB you'll get) is $299 and Kinect is $149. So, anything else is free, e.g. the game. LOL, at lack of logic...[/QUOTE]

The SE consoles now w/320 GB HDD's are going for $279.99 w/free shipping, with a triple A title and a 2nd controller w/special D Pad. Add a $99 kinect (bundled w/3 kinect games) into that and you're still paying less than this.

LOL, at lack of research...

[quote name='100xp']The SE consoles now w/320 GB HDD's are going for $279.99 w/free shipping[/QUOTE]Mind if I ask where? Granted I've only just started looking, but so far I haven't seen those kinds of prices except on used units. eBay's got some deals but I prefer to buy this kind of thing new. Lots of bad experiences with used game consoles in my past...

I agree though that the Star Wars bundle seems pretty high-priced. I'm looking to get a new Xbox and am considering a Kinect bundle, but the premium charged for the SW edition seems too exorbitant for my blood.

Frankly, I'm leaning more heavily toward getting a special edition console (a GOW3 unit if I can still find a new one left in stock) for a decent price and maybe adding Kinect later.

[quote name='Pontiaction']Mind if I ask where? Granted I've only just started looking, but so far I haven't seen those kinds of prices except on used units. eBay's got some deals but I prefer to buy this kind of thing new. Lots of bad experiences with used game consoles in my past...

I agree though that the Star Wars bundle seems pretty high-priced. I'm looking to get a new Xbox and am considering a Kinect bundle, but the premium charged for the SW edition seems too exorbitant for my blood.

Frankly, I'm leaning more heavily toward getting a special edition console (a GOW3 unit if I can still find a new one left in stock) for a decent price and maybe adding Kinect later.[/QUOTE]

newegg had the GOW3 console bundle for $279.99 maybe twice. most recently being about 2 weeks ago. Amazon says this is being released on March 3rd, a few other B&M retailers say April 3rd. will the SE consoles be on sale for that price again? possible, why not there's still an MW3 console out there...just saying that it is easy to do a little CAGing and build your own bundle that is comparable if not better (and still be nice about it), unless of course you just have to have R2 or a white kinect.

I know what others were going for. Standard price, however, dictates that the game is free. That's all I was saying. If you care to get the others, fine. Still thought the game was getting better, and was correct in saying that as for retail pricing, the game is free.

it's all good. not every deal is a deal for the next guy.

i want to like this game, but i think it might just be aimed towards causal gamers and the youth.

[quote name='100xp']newegg had the GOW3 console bundle for $279.99 maybe twice. most recently being about 2 weeks ago. Amazon says this is being released on March 3rd, a few other B&M retailers say April 3rd. will the SE consoles be on sale for that price again? possible, why not there's still an MW3 console out there...just saying that it is easy to do a little CAGing and build your own bundle that is comparable if not better (and still be nice about it), unless of course you just have to have R2 or a white kinect.[/QUOTE]Argh, I went back through the deals forum and saw that. Wish I'd been in the market a month ago! Looks like the GOW3 console is out of manufacture so it's down to remaining stock now, and they appear to be getting bought up so there likely won't be any more sales on 'em. Still, one can hope.

I'm not a Modern Warfare player, which kinda sucks actually because I really like the look of the MW3 SE console. I might go with it in the end, if a good deal pops up.

What you say is true, though; the best deal is often to put things together piecemeal as sales pop up. It might not make for the prettiest, most integrated end result, but you'll save some dough.

Apparently the Gears controllers feel cheaply made in comparison to the other limited edition controllers (the ones with the new D-Pad).

I'm on the wall about the Star Wars bundle though. Just bought a Kinect, but my 360 could use an upgrade.

I am in for one. May just collect it as I love star wars. Although having a second console would be nice as I have the late model fat 360.

bread's done
Back