Star Wars: Force Unleashed Deals (Wall graphix at Target)

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!
Hmmm, suprised didn't see a thread on this yet. Guess I will start, :)

CAN'T WAIT!!! The FORCE is strong with this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asvKQOJZXcs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKGXHMH0xkA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ51hx3wGgI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT9sQaQV6Ag

Toys R Us - Get a $20 Gift Card when you buy the game.

Circuit City: Pre-order and get a Free T-shirt

Best Buy: Same T-Shirt same as CC. You also get $5 off the TFU Lightsaber.

Target: Pre-order and get a cool Wall Graphix

Gamestop: Pre-order and get a Free StormTrooper Action Figure
100_1691.jpg

Blockbuster: Pre-order and get a Free laser print
TFUprint.jpg

Lucas Arts/Star Wars Shop: Free comic http://shop.starwars.com/kernel/imageload?table=cat_images;ttl2=15;key1=1222498_img1;key2=-100_img1

Last edited by a moderator:
The difference will be crap graphics and gimmicky controls. I'm pissed off that Nintendo didn't share the fact that the Wiimotion Plus is coming out because it would have been awesome with it

[quote name='Bozon_IGNReview']"the game's six hour single player campaign"

"when a team can rock Wii control the way it's meant to be done, and wrap it all up in a reliable, responsive experience, that goes a long way."

"In fact, even areas we expected would be problematic ended up working very well in the end. Gesture-based attacking is nearly flawless, though you'll need to time your swipes perfectly to string together combos that, in other Force Unleashed games, can be done by mashing the attack button over and over again (in this reviewer's opinion, the Wii version is superior on that front). The nunchuk controls, used mainly for "force clashes" and interactive kill sequences works to a much higher degree than we expected, even getting the rotation and push system found during Jedi duels and the game's multiplayer vs. mode working flawlessly. It's obvious that with more time, and more attention to just a Wii version of the game, Krome Studios could have knocked this one out of the park."
[/QUOTE]

Reading the review the controls seem to be the one saving grace of the game. All the negative points for this and the other versions seem to center on it feeling rushed.

Overall the Wii version seems like a rental. They did a good job but didn't have enough time and money to do the job right. Hopefully they will do something great with the announced game there doing with the motion plus.

Disappointed the reviews so far are not as high as anticipated, but I'm not gonna let 2 mid-7 reviews deter me from buying a game I've been wanting for nearly 2 years.

Anyone know which version is supposed to be better: PS3 or 360? I read in GI that the PS3 version had more audio glitches but I wanted to know if anyone heard mroe than that.

One thing I noticed while glancing at the boxes is the PS3 said 720p on the back, while the 360 copy said 720p, 1080i & 1080p. Thought that was a bit odd.

I just got home with my copy, along with my Storm Trooper Commander figure. I ended up being #1 in line at my GS, so I would be sure to get one. They only received one case of figures (10 or so in a case), with about 20 people there at midnight, so I'm glad I left early.

The reviews for the game appear only so-so, and for the supposedly short game length, I'd figured this was a game better got through Goozex. The game went live tonight, and I'm first in line for the Wii version. From what the reviews say, the force powers are satisfying on the Wii.

Wait, so the game is out? My GameStop isn't doing a midnight launch, but I didn't even get a call to tell me I could pick it up tomorrow.

[quote name='rainking187']Wait, so the game is out? My GameStop isn't doing a midnight launch, but I didn't even get a call to tell me I could pick it up tomorrow.[/quote]

Yep, my GS (and BBV for that matter) both had it at midnight. Wife is playing it right now and she seems to be enjoying it.

Just got back from Gamestop with game and figurine in-hand. There were probably 50ish people at my GS. After I got mine, there were only two figurines left and about 15-20 people in line behind me. Bummer for them.

Anyone have a pic of the figure? I'm just curious ... decided not to pick the game up after following the reviews that have come in but I did think the concept of an exclusive figure made it fun enough to almost go out at midnight.

[quote name='etcrane']Anyone have a pic of the figure? I'm just curious ... decided not to pick the game up after following the reviews that have come in but I did think the concept of an exclusive figure made it fun enough to almost go out at midnight.[/QUOTE]

There's a picture of it on the first post.

From what I read, the chance of getting a figure isn't that high? Still debating on whether to pick it up or wait for a price drop.

[quote name='sp00ge']One thing I noticed while glancing at the boxes is the PS3 said 720p on the back, while the 360 copy said 720p, 1080i & 1080p. Thought that was a bit odd.[/quote]

yeah alot of ps3 games ONLY output 720p. its the same for the xbox360 version, but the 360 does something the ps3 doesnt. it upconverts ALL games to 1080p.

and anyone who wants to flame me, hold on. i have a Samsung LN46A650 and everytime the source changes resolutions it will tell me in the corner.

from the moment i turn on my xbox360 to when im done playing the game and turn it off, it never changes, its always 1080p at 60hz.

now the ps3, it starts off at 1080p and stays that way for Everying, from movies to ps2/ps1 games, but the moment i turn on a ps3 game, it turns to 720p.

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']Anyone know which version is supposed to be better: PS3 or 360? I read in GI that the PS3 version had more audio glitches but I wanted to know if anyone heard moe than that.[/quote]

they are both almost identical. its just personal preference , im getting the 360, for achievements and 1080p, and i like the 360 controller.

Finally got around to playing the demo, and have to say I was overwhelmed. Obviously it was just a sliver of what the full game is, but it failed to "wow" me and unfortunately think I'm going to pass on this one.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Finally got around to playing the demo, and have to say I was overwhelmed. Obviously it was just a sliver of what the full game is, but it failed to "wow" me and unfortunately think I'm going to pass on this one.[/quote]

LOL. I wish I had the self-restraint to pass on games, even when they overwhelmed me. j/k

[quote name='utopianmachine']The reviews for the game appear only so-so, and for the supposedly short game length, I'd figured this was a game better got through Goozex. The game went live tonight, and I'm first in line for the Wii version. From what the reviews say, the force powers are satisfying on the Wii.[/QUOTE]

No kidding - on my budget, ~6 hours for $50 isn't going to work. :cry:

[quote name='mkernan']LOL. I wish I had the self-restraint to pass on games, even when they overwhelmed me. j/k[/quote]

Buahahaha, I'm losing it. I of course meant the exact opposite.

[quote name='fuss']So I picked up my game this AM at Gamestp and they looked at me crazy when I asked for the fig....[/quote]

Did you preorder it?

I got the figure. I went to Gamestop ( near 22nd ave and SW 8th ST, Miami) last night around 11 just as they asked me to do. They gave me a receipt and asked me to wait outside at midnight. I then asked for the figure. I think he muttered 'we don't have many' or ' we have many' I'm not sure. Then he reached under the counter and pulled it out for me. Maybe they were saving it for themselves but the guy was nice and gave it to me when I asked. Yes I had it preordered but I'm not even sure that mattered.

Got it at CC

$60 + Free T-shirt + $5 GC
$10 Ne-Yo CD
$30 Love Guru Blu-ray
$1.50 Candy Bar (The prices actually end at .99 so I just try to make it really over $100) :whistle2:|

Total $101.50

Used $15 OFF $100 coupon = $86.50

+ $4+ Tax

End up paying about $91

For some reason, Gamestop wasn't really publicizing the figurine as far as putting it on the website or the newsletter or anything. Most likely because they wouldn't have the supply to meet the demand, then they'd have a bunch of pissed off customers.

I was only able to get a hold of one because I inquired about it on a number of occasions. The first time, when I placed my pre-order a couple of weeks ago, the store manager didn't make it sound like it was for midnight customers only. And technically it wasn't, it was just 'while supplies last'. At my store, supplies didn't last at all. I showed up at about 11:40, was approximately 30th - 35th in line (just guessing). When I got mine, there were only two more left and about 20 more people in line. So yeah, glad I went last night intead of today.

Anyway, I guess my point is, if you wanted a figurine, you're probably already S.O.L., but call/visit your local Gamestop(s) right now in case. But yeah, prolly long gone by now.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Did anyone ever get a pic of the wall graffix?[/quote]

I posted that before, but it's a Hotlink, you have to copy & paste into the browser.

I ended up choosing the CC T-shirt and $5 GC deal over the $20 GC deal at TRU. I know I probably should have chosen the $20 GC, but I'm a sucker for free shirts.:bomb:

Thanks again for the heads up guys.

Me too, but if you think about, T-shirt is like $15 itself, and $5 gift card makes it $20! Plus, a collectible T-shirt since you probably can't buy it anywhere else.

I also used $15 coupon, which really is like the SWEETER deal!

I'm sure next year it will be $25, but like I said if I can beat it in a couple weeks and selll it for $40+ I am happy.

Yeah but the trade 3 in is still on for extra $15 till the 21st and the games 6 hours long. So that could work for some people.

Well for those who got the figure is going for $25.00 dollars on ebay, so if you are not into collecting star wars figures you can sell it to offset the price of the videogame.

and by the way have anyone got the hidden clue or password in the figure?

I do not want to open mine just for that, I rather sell it on ebay.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Me too, but if you think about, T-shirt is like $15 itself, and $5 gift card makes it $20! Plus, a collectible T-shirt since you probably can't buy it anywhere else.[/quote]

They are giving away these t-shirts at the Nationals home game tonight, so I wouldn't call them "collectible".

[quote name='obijuan71']Well for those who got the figure is going for $25.00 dollars on ebay, so if you are not into collecting star wars figures you can sell it to offset the price of the videogame.

and by the way have anyone got the hidden clue or password in the figure?

I do not want to open mine just for that, I rather sell it on ebay.[/QUOTE]

I can't confirm any of these as I'm too lazy to go pick up the game, but the ones I've found are: MANDALORE, WOOKIE, HOLOCRON, KORRIBAN, DANTOOINE.

These work too, but disable saving and achievements: LIGHTSABER, KATARN, MARAJADE, RAGNOS.

I grabbed it at TRU, combined with the 20% coupon I think it was a pretty good deal.

Game came to about $50 and then you get the $20 GC. Not bad.

The critics are being over critical on this game....been playin it straight since midnight monday nite and it's alot of fun....not sure if there's gonna be much re-play in it but definately not a terrible game like the critics made it out to be....plus if you're a star wars fan then you'll like it even more!

[quote name='sacreddoctor']The critics are being over critical on this game....been playin it straight since midnight monday nite and it's alot of fun....not sure if there's gonna be much re-play in it but definately not a terrible game like the critics made it out to be....plus if you're a star wars fan then you'll like it even more![/quote]

7.5 out of 10 is not a terrible score... thats actually considered "good". its just not a great score like some people were hoping for. the reviews do mention tho that this game has a better story then any of the 3 newest star wars movies have had.

i think you really have to be a star wars fan to appreciate the game more.

me and my buddy are totally loving every single moment of it.

its buggy, but who cares its fun, just like Mercenaries 2, its buggy but damn is it fun.

isnt games about fun?

Got mine from Blockbuster with the framed print. I like the print, but it is a bit small. The game is pretty fun so far.

[quote name='illini1010']the reviews do mention tho that this game has a better story then any of the 3 newest star wars movies have had.[/QUOTE]
That's what we call "damning with faint praise." ;)

And I have to giggle that the much-balleyhooed Euphoria and DMM technologies didn't actually make the PS3/XBox 360 versions of the game any better.

--R.J.

I just read on TFN that starwarsshop.com is now selling this "exclusive" t-shirt for 12.99. So anyone who didn't jump on this particular deal is now able to get it.

Also, did anyone ever get a picture of the Target "Wall grafix"? I got burned on the free t-shirt, so I still have my reservation at Target. I was thinking of getting the game and my freebie and just taking it back immediately.

bread's done
Back