Star Wars I-III or IV-VI for $38.99

Msrp is like a buck more. This isn't even close to a good deal. As said, they've been 30 pretty much everywhere for months now.

Just wait for the inevitable 3D releases since the movies are coming back to the theater in 3D with probable huge rewrites like Chewbacca shoots first or Leia falls in love with Jaba.

[quote name='megma42']Just wait for the inevitable 3D releases since the movies are coming back to the theater in 3D with probable huge rewrites like Chewbacca shoots first or Leia falls in love with Jaba.[/QUOTE]

you will be waiting a long time

[quote name='megma42']Just wait for the inevitable 3D releases since the movies are coming back to the theater in 3D with probable huge rewrites like Chewbacca shoots first or Leia falls in love with Jaba.[/QUOTE]
The original trilogy won't be done in theaters for another 6 years. It'll be about 7 until they will be released. By then it will probably be available in some new medium, or everything will just be digital release.

I just got the complete blu ray saga (9 disc total) set (used, from a seller that said they were opened, but thought they were dvd) and the seller had over 250 positives. Got it for a best offer of $55 shipped. Good deal? They were selling a bunch of TV dvd series (junk stuff, like golden girls and 3's company ect). So I believe them. Hope everything shows up perfect. :)

I would like to get the complete set for the extras. I can wait because I already have about 4 copies of the complete set in one format or another (fuckin' Lucas!). The pre-release of the complete set was $79, $10 less than MSRP. I'm pretty sure it will get lower than that...... next Christmas.

[quote name='ackbar7']The original trilogy won't be done in theaters for another 6 years. It'll be about 7 until they will be released. By then it will probably be available in some new medium, or everything will just be digital release.[/QUOTE]

I believe that, starting this year with episode 1, each subsequent year will see the next movie released in 3D, leading up to the 40th anniversary (2017) which will be episode 6 in 3D.

Could be wrong, but:
2012 -Episode 1, 2013 - Episode 2, 2014 - Episode 3, 2015 - Episode 4, 2016 - Episode 5, and 2017 - Episode 6.

[quote name='brafo96874']I believe that, starting this year with episode 1, each subsequent year will see the next movie released in 3D, leading up to the 40th anniversary (2017) which will be episode 6 in 3D.

Could be wrong, but:
2012 -Episode 1, 2013 - Episode 2, 2014 - Episode 3, 2015 - Episode 4, 2016 - Episode 5, and 2017 - Episode 6.[/QUOTE]

That's right. What he's saying is that, in 2017, who knows if blu-ray is still prominent. It could be a whole new thing by that time.

[quote name='Grammar Police']Yes, because DVDs didn't slow down drastically after 10/11 years :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yes roll your eyes like your post made any kind of sense. If you actually thought it through you'd realize the main reason DVDs are declining in sales is because of Blu-ray.. Even despite the decline, DVD's are still bringing in way more revenue than Blus are. Now if you really had an inkling for the industry you'd think "okay, there was definitely room to grow after DVD, but what about Blu-ray?". What do you suppose will come out within the next 5 years that will actually replace Blu-rays?

With 1080P being the standard as far as HDTV sets go, there's little reason to jump to another format that would provide a better resolution (like say 4K). Thus, Blu-ray will without a doubt still be the dominant, and likely only HD physical medium to exist in 2017, and as a result, why would it not dominate that sector of the market? And please don't make me laugh by suggesting everything will be taken over by digital distribution. It'll no doubt grow even further, but it won't replace Blu-rays, and certainly not 3D blus.

Maybe spend less time rolling those eyes, and more time using them to do some research

Last edited by a moderator:
Dah, you mad.

I'm just hinting that after 10 years, DVDs are slowly being replaced by Blu-Rays. Europe is leagues ahead in terms of blu-ray ownership. Who knows how long it'll be for Blu-Ray to slowly be replaced by the next thing? It's hard for one to predict the next technology, especially from a person that isn't paid to create it, but I don't know what to tell you if you think nothing will come after it. Will it be out 5 or so years from now? Who knows? But eventually there will be something new.

But right now, you're using the logic of a sports fan saying "I knew they'd win that game!" Nobody really knew they'd win. Even if it turns out that there IS nothing else, you still didn't know that in 2012. You have a feeling. You have an opinion.

I never said there will never be nothing else, but it sure as hell won't be within the next 5 years. Ultra HD or whatever they plan on calling it is still a while a way from becoming a consumer medium. It'll be showcased at the Olympics and maybe in some regions like Japan, but just think about how much has to go into creating a new format, getting it adapted by studios, releasing new televisions that would support such resolutions, competing formats, etc.. If you honestly believe alll of that will happen by 2017 you're crazy. Even assuming there is a new format released, it's obvious that it won't overtake Blu-ray for the HD market by then, thus I can pretty much guarantee Blu-ray will be the top HD physical medium in 2017 (which was the main argument above), I can say that with 110% confidence.

#1 I'm going to number these so they're easier to follow.

#2 I said, "It could be a whole new thing." Those are my exact words. I'm not claiming to know anything. I certainly didn't say it would "overtake Blu-ray for the HD market." That's a heavy statement, as Blu-Ray hasn't taken over yet.

#3 I never said "by 2017." Again, "It could be a whole new thing," implying that it could be starting. "Could" is the key word.

Before you insult my eyes, it seems you should read and comprehend. You've interpreted every "could" and "who knows?" as me claiming definitively that blu-rays WILL be obsolete BY 2017 in favor of a super HD format. That's not what I meant. But I'm not ruling out anything new in technology. After all, who knows?

Your argument makes no sense. You never said by 2017 but you said in 2017 it could be something different and you said if blu rays are still prominent. Even though nothing is on the horizon to replace Blu Rays, and blu rays are clearly here to stay. ssjmichael is merely stating his case for why he thinks it won't be something different. Even if a different format does emerge by then, what does it matter? It will still be in it's infancy and blu ray will be the main format. So I ask again, what point are you arguing for?

[quote name='slickkill77']Your argument makes no sense. You never said by 2017 but you said in 2017 it could be something different and you said if blu rays are still prominent. Even though nothing is on the horizon to replace Blu Rays, and blu rays are clearly here to stay. ssjmichael is merely stating his case for why he thinks it won't be something different. Even if a different format does emerge by then, what does it matter? It will still be in it's infancy and blu ray will be the main format. So I ask again, what point are you arguing for?[/QUOTE]

Thank You

You basically said that I figured blu-rays would be well obsolete by 2017. I don't have an argument. I just said your argument of "there will DEFINITELY not be anything in 2017" is pretty invalid, as we're 5 years away. You can't predict that. You can have an inclination. You can't know.

I'm sorry if you didn't seem to understand. It's pretty clear to me. I'm done though. Neither of us is going to prove anything and it's annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back