Star Wars Prequel [I-III] or Original [IV-VI] Trilogy - $29.99 at TRU 9/11-9/17

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update: It now appears that the Prequel trilogy will also be $29.99 starting on Friday:

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/med...6327&camp=CME:20110915_Em_TRU_Roto%20Reminder

starwarsi.png

I saw this in the VG section and figured it was worth mentioning here. In next week's TRU ad (9/11-9/17) they will have Star Wars the Original trilogy (eps IV-VI) on Blu for $29.99. That's a $40 savings over the MSRP, and $10 cheaper than Amazon.

The set officially comes out on 9/16

You can now order it at TRU:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11904783

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Saix_XIII']sI consider myself to be a huge/hardcore Star Wars fan, so I am not talking as someone who "just likes" SW.[/QUOTE]

I've been in your shoes. I was a big Simpsons fan, and I still am (Season 1-10) and I defended them going into their later years because I had so much invested in them as a hardcore fan. But as I look back at it I realize it was my devotion and not wanting to admit that what I was a fan of just wasn't very good anymore that kept me defending it. I wanted them to be on top, I wanted my action figure collection to still be relevant.

But it's not. And Star Wars had 2 or 3 great movies, 3 atrocities and now the source material is being butchered. It's a franchise that has been sinking or at best treading water for a long time now. If you're a hardcore fan I recommend bringing a life jacket.

[quote name='ZForce915'] If you're a hardcore fan I recommend bringing a life jacket.[/QUOTE]

I thought The Clone Wars show was supposed to be pretty good. I'm planning to watch these with my son when he is old enough...

For anyone who has a smartphone shopkick has a TRU 20%off one item coupon (in store only). I would be interested to see if it works with starwars saga. I'll keep you guys posted.

Is there any difference between what comes in the Complete Saga set and what comes in the individual I/II/III and IV/V/VI sets as far as special features and extras go? I'm tempted to buy this set on Friday and then buy the prequel trilogy somewhere down the line (preferably for considerably less, or used).

[quote name='RichterIX']Is there any difference between what comes in the Complete Saga set and what comes in the individual I/II/III and IV/V/VI sets as far as special features and extras go? I'm tempted to buy this set on Friday and then buy the prequel trilogy somewhere down the line (preferably for considerably less, or used).[/QUOTE]

There are three discs of special features in the complete set which are not included with the the individual sets.

I wish they sold the 3 extra discs separately, because I'd prefer just to get the original trilogy. Not only because those are the only ones I care about, but I like the box art better on those too

[quote name='arcane93']There are three discs of special features in the complete set which are not included with the the individual sets.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, thanks for letting me know. Suddenly this deal doesn't seem QUITE as good.

So you save 20 bucks but get no bonus material compared to Target. That is fine with me so I might pick up the 1 to 3 after all at the 30 bucks.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Online is live!!!!!!!

Go go go

may the force be with you!!![/QUOTE]

I'm so glad I don't work today, lol. It's going to be a mad house.

Wow, thanks for that ad scan. I almost did the pre-order yesterday, with the $5.50 shipping. I had it in my cart. I didn't they would have it in stores.
I have a TRU like 5 minutes from where I work so I'll just pick it up on my lunch break this afternoon.

And what are these prequels everybody keeps talking about? There are only three Star Wars films. ;)

[quote name='kklems']I wonder if the free r2 flash drive is good instore as well.[/QUOTE]

Should work in stores. I went to my TRU earlier this week and noticed they had the flash drives stocked next to the Star Wars action figures. I suspect you bring the flash drive and the +$30 worth of Star Wars crap to checkout and the computer deducts the price of the flash drive after confirming you've bought +$30 of merchandise.

Sick deal, but with no extra discs and the butchering of the films I'll keep waiting for an amazing price on the 1-6 set.

[quote name='Jodou']Sick deal, but with no extra discs and the butchering of the films I'll keep waiting for an amazing price on the 1-6 set.[/QUOTE]

This. Maybe lower considering Episodes IV-VI is the "special edition". Han needs to shoot first and miss the ORIGINAL music they played in the end of VI.

[quote name='n00bie']A friend of mine went to TRU today and they said the flash drive was only free with the toys and not the movies.[/QUOTE]

It shows right on their website that the movies qualify. Whoever told them that is wrong.

Well, I was going to go to TRU and use the shopkick 20% off any item, but it seems that was abused and it was changed to 20% off any regular priced toy. So I ended up PM'ing at Best Buy and using $20 RZ certs I had been sitting on. So, $10 for the original trilogy works for me.

On the cards for the $29.99 sets in the blu-ray sections it says right on them "Not valid with any other Star Wars offer" so the thumb drive offer should not be included. At least thats what the signs said at the store I went to this morning.

Woot just received Baby R' Us AD book with 20% coupon card. Now I can able to buy both, Original with this card and Prequel with Shopkick app. :D

[quote name='ssjmichael']It shows right on their website that the movies qualify. Whoever told them that is wrong.[/QUOTE]

He said there was a sign, too.

He also said he got there when the doors opened and they had one complete saga set and four each of the 1-3 and 4-6 sets.

Pretty lame.

PM'd at walmart. Was hoping they'd give it to me for $20 since it said '20 off' lol...either way, can't complain. Wish it had a book packaging as well but I suppose paying $80 for the set should warrant a little something nicer.

[quote name='mr_bungle']PM'd at walmart. Was hoping they'd give it to me for $20 since it said '20 off' lol...either way, can't complain. Wish it had a book packaging as well but I suppose paying $80 for the set should warrant a little something nicer.[/QUOTE]
how did you price-match when this AD says 2 days sale on top the fine prints says limited quantity on bottom. Or did you just cut off the top and bottom.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Woot just received Baby R' Us AD book with 20% coupon card. Now I can able to buy both, Original with this card and Prequel with Shopkick app. :D[/QUOTE]

Whats the barcode info for the 20% off that was in the Baby R' Us AD? I know its not specific and if we have the info we could print it out possibly, since the Shopkick coupon was changed right before star wars releases.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Woot just received Baby R' Us AD book with 20% coupon card. Now I can able to buy both, Original with this card and Prequel with Shopkick app. :D[/QUOTE]

They changed the Shopkick coupon earlier today. Now it's 20% off any regular price toy item, so I doubt it's going to work now.

[quote name='bzchanboy']Whats the barcode info for the 20% off that was in the Baby R' Us AD? I know its not specific and if we have the info we could print it out possibly, since the Shopkick coupon was changed right before star wars releases.[/QUOTE]
Save 20% on ANY one regular-priced baby item

Excludes ALL toys, baby food, diapers, formula, wipes,Ameda, Baby Brezza, Baby Jogger, BOB, Britax, Bugaboo Cybex, ERGObaby, Mammas & Papas, Motherhood Maternity, Nap Nanny, Pediped, Peg Pergo, Phil & Teds, Robeez, Tommee Tippee, Under Armour, electronic learning toys, netbooks, tables, video game hardware, video games, Apple products, FAO products, RobotGalaxy, Buyer Protection Plan, gift cards, photo studios, phone orders, Special Orders, assembly fee, breast-pump rental fee, delivery fee, and shipping & handling.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']how did you price-match when this AD says 2 days sale on top the fine prints says limited quantity on bottom. Or did you just cut off the top and bottom.[/QUOTE]

I dunno. I just printed off the ad with everything else. Seeing as the sale was today and tomorrow, and walmart doesn't take into account the quantities they PM'd it like everything else.

The complete collection is also on sale for $79.99 if you don't have luck at Target or have some gift cards to use.

bread's done
Back