Star Wars PSP Slim Darth Vader

decon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I'm looking at the battery cover, I personally like it.

For those who want to remove the silk screen, going to be impossible The black color is not raised at all, it's completely smooth with the battery cover surface.

[quote name='kiun']Is this available in store today ?[/quote]

BB FINALLY has it for sale in stores today. TRU/CC/Target already had it since last week.

Got mine today and thankfully, no stuck pixels or any other problems. Picked it up at TRU. I was conetmplating buying it at CC for the gamers club card, but the CC near here sucks (for the usual reasons), and I pretty much don't want to feel obligated to shop there just because I have a discount card for them. fuck that noise.

Ahem, anyway, as far as fingerprints go, its probably about the same as on a white DS or iPod. Though they seem less noticable on the white PSP (at least for now).

Got mine for $179.99 from BB.
I used the 10% OFF for video games, huge YMMV, that coupons should not work for system but the cashier girl was nice enough. She said its only for video games, and i told her it is a video games, and it got a game with the bundle, she said ok and proceed with it.

This same girl did the Daxter price match to Target (when they had a price mistake on their web site) for me with out any question (about a month ago)...... i think im in love with this girl now :D

[quote name='yuckfou']Got mine for $179.99 from BB.
I used the 10% OFF for video games, huge YMMV, that coupons should not work for system but the cashier girl was nice enough. She said its only for video games, and i told her it is a video games, and it got a game with the bundle, she said ok and proceed with it.

This same girl did the Daxter price match to Target (when they had a price mistake on their web site) for me with out any question (about a month ago)...... i think im in love with this girl now :D[/QUOTE]

you should buy her GIFT :)

[quote name='yuckfou']Got mine for $179.99 from BB.

This same girl did the Daxter price match to Target (when they had a price mistake on their web site) for me with out any question (about a month ago)...... i think im in love with this girl now :D[/QUOTE]

you keep exploiting her like that and she's going to lose her job!

I just got the white Darth Vader PSP slim today, and so far it looks awesome. It's my first psp, so I have no idea what I need to buy for it other a memory stick and some sort of case.

Should I buy a screen protector? What brand?

Thanks.

[quote name='coalhalo']I just got the white Darth Vader PSP slim today, and so far it looks awesome. It's my first psp, so I have no idea what I need to buy for it other a memory stick and some sort of case.

Should I buy a screen protector? What brand?

Thanks.[/quote]

You gotta get a screen protector. We're still looking for the perfect one. Hori is ok for now, but too small to cover the entire screen. Check out the other thread about Hori Hard Case and Screen Protector thread for some good info.

Get a 4GB Sandisk Memory Stick PRO DUO. If you can get it for $40 or under jump on it. I got the one from Buy.com for $31.99 shipped.

[quote name='decon']You gotta get a screen protector. We're still looking for the perfect one. Hori is ok for now, but too small to cover the entire screen. Check out the other thread about Hori Hard Case and Screen Protector thread for some good info.

Get a 4GB Sandisk Memory Stick PRO DUO. If you can get it for $40 or under jump on it. I got the one from Buy.com for $31.99 shipped.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I saw the Hori protector and figured I should get it for now. And I guess I'll be going with Sandisk for the memory stick. Thanks again.

my local TRU got the official sony black pouch for $5.....
it is not as protective as other case, but i like its looks, and not as bulky as others

I saw the commercial with that cluster bomb dude and I am glad I got the daxter pack. Vader didn't look very impressive. How is the actual star wars game?

[quote name='Mr. Roper'] How is the actual star wars game?[/QUOTE]

C+ at best. The comic book cut scenes are nice, but that's about it.

I was toying with the idea of buying one, but after holding it...I'm happier with my Daxter bundle.

I haven't played the Star Wars game that came with the pack, but have heard many people liking it.

I REALLY like the Ceramic White color. Doesn't have the silver glitter look of the Daxter bundle and doesn't have the fingerprint city of the Piano Black one.

My wife thought it was a Nintendo product since the DS Lite and Wii we have are both white!

[quote name='Mr. Roper']I saw the commercial with that cluster bomb dude and I am glad I got the daxter pack. Vader didn't look very impressive. How is the actual star wars game?[/quote]

I like Darth on the back; I think it looks better in person than pictures or on the tv.

The game on the other hand doesn't do much for me at all. The controls are a serious issue. I haven't tried multi-player yet, and that's what I have heard to be the best part. I bought a copy of R&C: Size Matters and I'm much happier with that game.

What does the game come in (I.E. the full retail case and manual or just a sleeve)? I have no interest in the game (I just like the color), so I may sell it to recoup some of the cost of the system.

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']What does the game come in (I.E. the full retail case and manual or just a sleeve)? I have no interest in the game (I just like the color), so I may sell it to recoup some of the cost of the system.[/quote]

The game is in a cardboard sleeve and manual came with the system manual.

Maybe I should sell mine too heh.

[quote name='jlarlee']Isn't the daxter pack a better deal? You get a memory stick and a movie along with the packin game[/quote]

It's a better deal only by $10.

Daxter game $20, memory stick $15, UMD movie $15 = $50
Star Wars game $40

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1863.jpg

WOW it is so lite!!!.... at first i was thinking bout getting the JP white, since i dont like vader print..... but for $180 i have no complains....., the print doesnt look that bad.....
Putting my SW on ebay as we speak, not really a fan of SW nor a shooting game.....

IMG_1850.jpg

srsly whats up with American plastic packaging, theyre hard to open, might cut your hands..... srsly.....

[quote name='yuckfou']WOW it is so lite!!!....

srsly whats up with American plastic packaging, theyre hard to open, might cut your hands..... srsly.....[/QUOTE]

I got a black one last night and was amazed at the difference in my old and slim one, its so frekin light and noticeably smaller.

My main complaint was the plastic packaging...I hate, no abhor, that plastic molded bubble on products; its so hard to open and requires surgical precision to not cut yourself on the edges.

Just got mine (And immediately installed custom firmware:lol:), and it's fantastic. So much lighter and I love the color. Best of all is that the D-Pad and Buttons have been raised, making diagonals MUCH easier. :D

First psp and i was surprised by how light it is compared to my brother's fat psp. The screen looks "bigger" but maybe that's just me. Seeing it in pictures doesn't do it justice.

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']Just got mine (And immediately installed custom firmware:lol:), and it's fantastic. So much lighter and I love the color. Best of all is that the D-Pad and Buttons have been raised, making diagonals MUCH easier. :D[/QUOTE]

Whats the current Custom Firmware for the PSP Slim? Any luck with NES/TG16 emulators?

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']Just got mine (And immediately installed custom firmware:lol:), and it's fantastic. So much lighter and I love the color. Best of all is that the D-Pad and Buttons have been raised, making diagonals MUCH easier. :D[/QUOTE]

What firmware did it come with when u got it , btw I know all I need to know bout cfw ;-)

I have a black slim and 2 black fat but I will hook my bro up with 1 and I wanna get this bundle or either the ff7 crisis core or the metal gear solid camo package which is so rare to find atm grrrr!

I saw the daxter package but in the store and it was still in the bow , how does it look btw ?

ODV out!

[quote name='GizmoGC']Whats the current Custom Firmware for the PSP Slim? Any luck with NES/TG16 emulators?[/quote]
3.71m33 is the current CFW. Not sure about those emulators, the only ones I have on mine are CPS2 and Neo Geo MVS.

Yeah I actually bought a black PSP slim at first but ended up returning it for the white one. I like the white one a lot better, as it does not show fingerprints nearly like the black one did.

Honestly though I have yet to really try outt any games for my PSP... I bought Jeanne d'Arc but don;t want to open it until I finish LoZ:pH on the DS. Still though it's kinda fun to use the PSP as a mobile web browser. And the fact that since it has a in internet browser you can download demos right onto the PSP. I got the Loco Roco demo and the Worms demo that way.

Ruahrc

[quote name='RynoZebz']Whoa... really? How do you get demos? Sorry... PSP NooB.[/quote]

You can get them straight from the Sony website, PSP section.

Thank you very much! I'll have to check that out.

And now if I could only find user friendly sites for how to hack the Slim... then life would truely be grand! Yea... I said grand. Don't smack me.

Just picked mine up and it came with firmware 3.60. I think all of the PSP Slims currently come with the same firmware. I sold my old PSP a while back and used some of the money to buy the Star Wars bundle. I'm liking the white color alot more than the black. I can't wait to install CFW on it and hook it up to the TV.

bread's done
Back