Star wars question

homeland

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
I was watching a New hope with my wife last night (she has never seen the original trilogy) and got confused with Obi-wans death. When Vaders lightsaber hits Obi-wan his body just disappears. I never questioned it before but, was that just a cheap/non bloody way to show him die? Or did Obi-wan do some crazy Jedi suicide implosion?

Hopefully there's some Star Wars affecienado that can answer this.

for the sake of the kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoilers are spoilers, regardless of how old they are. 1 day, 2 days, a week, month, year, decades. You can't justify it... and you didn't. So who shot JR?

[quote name='pacifickarma']You're really worried about a spoiler on a 30 year old movie? Don't let me ruin the ending of Casablanca for you...[/quote]
Heh, don't let the spoiler police see that post.:roll:;)

What kind of moron who hasn't seen Star Wars and is worried about spoilers clicks on a topic called "Did Vader really kill Obi-Wan?" ?

This reminds me of people complaining about people giving away the ending to a movie in a topic specifically discussing the ending of that movie.

Yeah, he killed him. Anytime he appeared in the movie after that he was a ghost.

His body disappeared because of some bullshit retcon. Where the Jedi can have his body disappear if he wants, or have it stay so mum and dad can bury it...I guess. Further, Qui-Gon trained himself to "make his body linger" after death (ie: become a ghost instead of going to Jedi Valhalla or wherever the fuck they go when they die) and shared this secret with Yoda then taught it to Ben who I guess taught it to Vader because he was a ghost too (until Lucas had to fuck around and replace that awesome bald dude with young Anakin during one of his bullshit CGI duct tape sessions). This is one of the many reasons why George Lucas sucks ass and should have stopped at IV-VI.

Agreed, it's bad enough that that Hayden kid sucked through the whole new trilogy, but why the hell they had to taint Jedi with him too still pisses me off and I'm not even that big of a SW fan.

[quote name='kilm']Uh....that is a major spoiler... and it would've been nice to see it reflected in the thread title[/quote]

If this thread bothers you then I've got a little story to tell about a girl named Aeris and a boy named Sephiroth...

[quote name='kilm']Spoilers are spoilers, regardless of how old they are. 1 day, 2 days, a week, month, year, decades. You can't justify it... and you didn't. So who shot JR?[/quote]

someday your life and everyone else who reads this will end. damn it now i spoiled living for you.

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']
Bruce Willis's character was dead all along.
[/quote]

I jizzed in my pants.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']What kind of moron who hasn't seen Star Wars and is worried about spoilers clicks on a topic called "Did Vader really kill Obi-Wan?" ?

This reminds me of people complaining about people giving away the ending to a movie in a topic specifically discussing the ending of that movie.[/quote]

What kind of moron assume everyone has seen Star Wars? Oh right, you.

It's good to know that people still respect common courtesy.

Star Wars nerds, unite.

Reminds me of that Simpsons's episode where Homer walks out of the theater and all those people are waiting in line for tickets. "Who would have thought Darth Vader was Luke Skywalker's father!?"

There was a documentary I saw once where some people traveled the world, visiting places like tribal villages in the middle of the jungle where they still live like cavemen and even the kids there had seen Star Wars. That worldwide, more people had seen Star Wars than read the Bible or something like that.

Bad thread title though. You gotta at least put spoiler warnings in a thread title, regardless of the topic.

If they haven't seen Star Wars by now then it deserves to be spoiled. Kinda like how in the prequels it reveals Anakin is Vader from the get go. So this is in the same league.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Yeah, he killed him. Anytime he appeared in the movie after that he was a ghost.

His body disappeared because of some bullshit retcon. Where the Jedi can have his body disappear if he wants, or have it stay so mum and dad can bury it...I guess. Further, Qui-Gon trained himself to "make his body linger" after death (ie: become a ghost instead of going to Jedi Valhalla or wherever the fuck they go when they die) and shared this secret with Yoda then taught it to Ben who I guess taught it to Vader because he was a ghost too (until Lucas had to fuck around and replace that awesome bald dude with young Anakin during one of his bullshit CGI duct tape sessions). This is one of the many reasons why George Lucas sucks ass and should have stopped at IV-VI.[/QUOTE]
Who's Ben? That sounds too normal of a name to be in Star Wars.

[quote name='winterice']Who's Ben? That sounds too normal of a name to be in Star Wars.[/QUOTE]
Kenobi.

Oh, and spoiler alert, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Ben Kenobi are one and the same.

[quote name='bardockkun']If they haven't seen Star Wars by now then it deserves to be spoiled. Kinda like how in the prequels it reveals Anakin is Vader from the get go. So this is in the same league.[/QUOTE]

Unless I'm mistaken, "from the get go" isn't the same thing as "towards the end of Episode III."

[quote name='jbroush99']
The Green Bay Packers won Super Bowl I
[/quote]

damnit.

[quote name='Demolition Man']
The ship sinks in the movie "Titantic."
[/quote]

DAMNIT!

Tyler Durden isn't real.
Rosebud is the sled.
[/quote]

DAMNIT!!!

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Reminds me of that Simpsons's episode where Homer walks out of the theater and all those people are waiting in line for tickets. "Who would have thought Darth Vader was Luke Skywalker's father!?"

There was a documentary I saw once where some people traveled the world, visiting places like tribal villages in the middle of the jungle where they still live like cavemen and even the kids there had seen Star Wars. That worldwide, more people had seen Star Wars than read the Bible or something like that.

Bad thread title though. You gotta at least put spoiler warnings in a thread title, regardless of the topic.[/QUOTE]

Man that is the job I want, spoiling movies for ingenious and aboriginal societies. Those hunter and gathers are going to freak out when they find out the secret in the Crying Game!

[/quote]
So in all those Die Hard movies John Mcclane was a ghost?! Now the title makes so much more sense!

Also, lol at trying to add spoiler tags to the title.

[quote name='dcfox']So in all those Die Hard movies John Mcclane was a ghost?! Now the title makes so much more sense!

Also, lol at trying to add spoiler tags to the title.[/quote]

Die hard? Shit, I was referring to the TV series "Moonlighting." ;)

Rosebud is the sled.

In the movie CK, but IRL many think that was his nickname for Marion Davies hoohaa! The sled then is seen as symbol of pedantic, simple, pleasures-

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Unless I'm mistaken, "from the get go" isn't the same thing as "towards the end of Episode III."[/QUOTE]

Like it not being a secret that Palpatine was the eventual Emperor, it was never a secret through the prequel trilogy that Anakin was Vader. There was even a promo poster for Episode I the had Anakin casting Vader's shadow.

the one spoiler i really hated was the one where
the hott chick was really a dude.
that movie still disturbs me. this could make for a cool game though put up spoilers and have people figure out what movie youre talking about.

[quote name='lokizz']the one spoiler i really hated was the one where
that movie still disturbs me. this could make for a cool game though put up spoilers and have people figure out what movie youre talking about.[/quote]

I remember that one
white_chicks0.jpg

or not

[quote name='jbroush99']I remember that one
white_chicks0.jpg

or not
[/quote]

No that's White Chicks. This is the Hot Chick

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rocko']Kenobi.

Oh, and spoiler alert, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Ben Kenobi are one and the same.[/QUOTE]

Old Ben? I thought he was just a crazy old hermit.

Gwyneth Paltrow's head was in the box.

[quote name='jbroush99']I remember that one
white_chicks0.jpg

or not
[/quote]

ah I know that... they made a tv show out of that

bosom_l.jpg

[quote name='kilm']What kind of moron assume everyone has seen Star Wars? Oh right, you.

It's good to know that people still respect common courtesy.

Star Wars nerds, unite.[/QUOTE]

What moron would assume the people who haven't seen star wars by now ever will? What is the OP supposed to coddle every person who has been under a rock for the past 30 years ?! Christ these spoiler arguments get more and more ridiculous with time, 10- 30 years = spoil the fuck out of it!

If they haven't seen Star Wars by now then it deserves to be spoiled.

What a shitty, shitty, presumptuous attitude. But typical on a gaming message board, where the moratorium period for game narratives is usually the weekend after the game releases. Granted, while it's hard to believe that anyone here hasn't seen the Original Trilogy that isn't actively and passionately avoiding it, you never know.

I don't really fault the topic poster for overlooking this one, but technically, the standard spoiler protocol should still be adhered to. Unfortunately, I see it often ignored in cases where it's much more blatant that a reasonable poster would conceive that people could be spoiled by his post.

[quote name='lokizz']the one spoiler i really hated was the one where
that movie still disturbs me. this could make for a cool game though put up spoilers and have people figure out what movie youre talking about.[/quote]

Lol, The Crying Game? Same guy who was the bad dude/chick/alien/whatever in Stargate? They had a game like that...Guilty Gear, the Bridget character all the anime pervs whacked off to until they found out it was a dude.

[quote name='gordojones88']The OP is a fucktard. Still should change the thread title out of respect for kids who haven't seen it yet. It's common courtesy you asshat.[/quote]

I'm not a fucktard.. you bring up a valid point about the kids. I forget that there's kids on this board. I know if I was a kid I wouldn't want to have Star wars ruined. Like when I found out that Luke and Leah were Twins!!! blown away!! And when I found out that Vader was their father.. holy shite!! Or that Kevin Spacey was Keyzer Sose.

I wouldn't want to take that away from anyone. So I'm sorry.

Tyler Durden isn't real.
[/quote]
If I read this yesterday I would have been really pissed.

[quote name='gordojones88']The OP is a fucktard. Still should change the thread title out of respect for kids who haven't seen it yet. It's common courtesy you asshat.[/QUOTE]

:whee:

THE MOVIE IS OVER 30 YEARS OLD. fuck THE KIDS.

bread's done
Back