Star Wars the Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition PS3 $39.99 YMMV Wal-Mart

Muthafodder

Banned
I found some of these in my local area a few months back for $39.99...found four in one store.

I check back on their website frequently in case more come in stock by chance.

I tried to enter random zip codes for border states and others and was surprised to find quite a few locations showing stock.

If you've been looking for this out of print game, it wouldn't hurt to try your zip.

Here are some random zip codes I tried using Wal-Marts stock finder.
Louisiana 71401 (two location showing in stock)
New Hampshire 03241 (one location showing in stock)
Delaware 19905 (two locations in stock)
Georgia 37407 (one location in stock & 30 miles from Chatanooga)
Tennessee 38302 (one location 30 miles from Jackson)
North Carolina 23505 (one location 40 miles form Norfolk, VA)

I picked 5 zip codes at random just now and three of those showed stock.
I would advise against calling the stores.
EDIT - Still finding more...

This website is nice to look-up zip codes in your area, easier to use than the USPS website.

There are none in my area, I just wanted to give an FYI that they are still to be found in the wild...hopefully your area :)

After I spent 20 minutes absolutely tearing up the video game section I asked her one more time "please can you just look up the upc for me, I cant even see what games there are through the windows, games facing wrong way and everything".

So she looked it up and after it showing none in stock she said "I told you I know my department and what we have". I just face palmed and said thank you and left.

She was a bitch and should be fired but if thats how she acts on a regular basis she'll get fired soon enough without me having to take the time to do it.

I felt a little better after absolutely tearing apart the section that isnt behind glass. I purposely left it looking like an absolute disaster.

[quote name='Ribkage']She was a bitch and should be fired but if thats how she acts on a regular basis she'll get fired soon enough without me having to take the time to do it.[/QUOTE]

You really overestimate Walmart. Their logo is a big anus for a reason.

Just finished this up on Xbox, an absolute pain in the ass. Bad game design is everywhere - the part with the Star Destroyer had me screaming, even when you do it right it takes forever.

Unless you really want to play this I say spend time and money elsewhere, the story is okay. A few of the costumes are really fantastic looking and despite physics you get a black lightsaber(which looks absolutely bad ass).

I was looking for it last August during a trip in CA. Online inventory said it's in stock in 6 stores. I went to 4 and none to be found. Called the other two and they didn't see it in the glass cases. What a freakin' way to waste time during a vacation.

Thanks OP, I was able to get a copy for the PS3. As others have stated, no copies were available in the display cases, they had to get them from the back stockroom.

just called a walmart near me and gave them the sku. they said they had 7 in stock, but after checking in multiple places they said they had none.

[quote name='bigsick']just called a walmart near me and gave them the sku. they said they had 7 in stock, but after checking in multiple places they said they had none.[/QUOTE]

Did they check in the back? I'm thinking that it was completely disorganized wherever it was located so that they couldn't find it, like another poster mentioned.

I got extremely lucky today on my second trip to a not-so-nearby Walmart during my lunch.
The website has indicated that the store had a copy in stock since the beginning of this thread.
After arriving in electronics, a manager-type, points me over to an area that has a number of collector's edition on a shelf, saying if they have it, it'd be there.
Lo-and-behold, there she sat, on the edge of the shelf, visible to all. Her plastic wrap torn and half off but nonetheless in excellent condition.
She rings up for $39.96. I promptly move to the register, buy the set and and rip the plastic-wrap off the case like Charlie Bucket searching for a Golden Ticket.
I half-expected to see the Memorex Edition of SW:TFU :ps3:.
To my surprise, all was intact, even the #3 collector's card of The Emperor.
So let this be a lesson to all the kids: Never give up, never surrender. ;)

[quote name='takotchi']You really overestimate Walmart. Their logo is a big anus for a reason.[/QUOTE]

Wow. That's great.

Wow...I had no idea this version was worth so much new. I bought one from Amazon back when they were released for under $40 and it came with a credit bonus as well.

I still haven't opened it and it's mint. After checking things out, this sucker will remain unopened for sure.

I've tried searching and searching for this for months. The online search told me 3 walmarts had it in stock (and they still do). When attempting to find it only one store was actually helpful. The guy went looking for it, searched the back and boxes and all that jazz, to no avail (at least, that's what he told me). The other stores I asked if they can go through all the games that I saw stacked on the bottom of the case and there was nothing there.

Call me crazy, but when in those stores, it's almost as if I felt they had a copy. Like the Force was guiding me.

I must go back!

[quote name='Kaiser499']Is the DLC on the disc? If it is can you install it to your system?[/QUOTE]
Related question. On the 360 version, is the dlc on the 2nd disc? I bought this from GS online several months ago and I only just started playing it the other day. I see there are slots for 2 discs in the case, but mine only came with 1. It seems like nothing more than the core game is on the disc, but I did notice the "Ultimate Sith Edition" is printed on the disc.

[quote name='Gertle627']Related question. On the 360 version, is the dlc on the 2nd disc? I bought this from GS online several months ago and I only just started playing it the other day. I see there are slots for 2 discs in the case, but mine only came with 1. It seems like nothing more than the core game is on the disc, but I did notice the "Ultimate Sith Edition" is printed on the disc.[/QUOTE]

It's supposed to be two discs, one is the main game and the other is the DLC as a standalone disc.

[quote name='Gertle627']Related question. On the 360 version, is the dlc on the 2nd disc? I bought this from GS online several months ago and I only just started playing it the other day. I see there are slots for 2 discs in the case, but mine only came with 1. It seems like nothing more than the core game is on the disc, but I did notice the "Ultimate Sith Edition" is printed on the disc.[/QUOTE]
Found this on 1up:
Let me digress for a moment and give you a bit of advice. If you want to access only the three new levels and you have the Xbox 360 version, insert the second disc, select "New Game," pick a blank save slot, and then which level you would like to play (the PS3 version has all of this available when you select New Game from the title screen). The manual that is included in Sith Edition is an outdated Force Unleashed manual, complete with ads for long-since-released titles like Soul Calibur IV and Fracture. If this much work was put into making new levels, it wouldn't have hurt to tell newcomers or returning Force enthusiasts what exactly they are paying for -- even the title screen fails to let you know that you've got your hands on an Ultimate Sith Edition. You'd think you've just picked up the original game by mistake, and well, that's because you kinda did.

You've got to wonder what's in the back of Walmart. You get the idea there could be cases of vintage Star Wars toys, or NES games still sitting in the case they were delivered in. Maybe I should get hired to work in the back and do it just long enough to search through everything.

I bought this around Halloween time for 14 bucks at a local used media store back home, there were two copies, one of which was complete, so I picked them both up and sold the complete online for 100 bucks and kept the other for myself. After looking it appears that one back home supposedly has a new one, I'm definitely gonna have to look into this

bread's done
Back