Star Wars: The Old Republic - Out now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, there is a datacron in Alderaan (+3 Willpower in the Panteer Castle) that you cannot get if you're one of the two larger player models as you cant fit through the door. Good job thinking that through Bioware.

I think I am going to quit TOR for a bit. I mean I like the game, but after giving the insides of my PC a good cleaning, I still get temps from 85-90 degrees constant, on lowest settings on every core (only like 3-5 minutes of playing it, and processor is a Core i5).

I ran Skyrim on not max but on high, and was getting temps 40-45 degrees lower and this was with almost two hours today of playing it.

Probably going to take the plunge on this (seeing as it's $50 on amazon right now and I can get it for $20). My buddy let me make a character on his account and I can tell it'll be something I'll really enjoy.

I'll probably just play one or two of the class stories and call it quits there. I have no interest in doing raids or any of the other typical endgame MMO stuff.

[quote name='SEH']So, there is a datacron in Alderaan (+3 Willpower in the Panteer Castle) that you cannot get if you're one of the two larger player models as you cant fit through the door. Good job thinking that through Bioware.[/QUOTE]

I thought they had fixed some of the unobtainable holocrons in the latest patch? Looks like they missed one.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']First kill of Ragnaros was April 25th, 2005, so about 6 months after the game came out. WoW didn't add a third raid (Onyxia was downed in January 2005, 2 months after release) until July 2005, so I don't know how people are comparing this positively to WoW. A dungeon shouldn't take 6 months to beat. That's not challenging, that's just bullshit.

TOR is adding new raid content 1 month after release, and I bet they have more in the pipeline coming soon. Honestly, most people aren't even close to clearing the raids yet unless they are hardcore raiders, and the game shouldn't be balanced toward a tiny but vocal part of the community.[/QUOTE]

hmmm don't have a clue where I got my date from but you're right. My problem is just that though. The end game content is just that, end game. A MMORPG should not be done so damn fast. A world first after 6 months is awsome, it means games are actually difficult to play still. So the new raid content is going to be done in what 2 days, where's the challenge in that?

As for the WoW references I'll admit it's the only MMO I've extensively played, but now that's even getting lame. I loved it when only 3 guilds on the server could clear the last raid even if I couldn't be part of it. Just knowing the game wasn't done for me is what held me there. It's why I don't play it now, hell in. just watched my brother kill deathwing. We're both great players, but he even said now he has to wait however long it is to do anything again because there's nothing left ... That would of never happened back then

Woah. I had forgot how many idiots and bitches existed in the MMOs genres. Bunch of nerds and geeks seeking their drama time on lol :D

[quote name='kamui34']Woah. I had forgot how many idiots and bitches existed in the MMOs genres. Bunch of nerds and geeks seeking their drama time on lol :D[/QUOTE]
The MOBA genre rivals it. Just play a game like League of Legends and play a bad match :lol:.

Seriously though the chat on the first few planets is horrible. Nothing but what it sounds like little kids getting into flame wars and whining.

The chat on Balmora was literally nothing but Tebow talk for about three straight days last week.

Anyways, Slowly running out of things to do in this game as the end-game content just isn't there yet. Definitely a pretty good game for people who arent hardcore MMO players, but those who are will probably find the game lacking once you hit 50. I'll probably let my sub run out, then come back to it in 2-3 months.

Eh, I get called $$$ on just about a daily basis since the third day of early access. I'm really, really hated in PvP apparently by both sides. When I go up against guilds worth anything they always target me above everybody else, including the ball carrier. Though from a logic standpoint, killing the healer is usually the best course of action anyways.

EDIT: Heh, the censored word is the slang for cigarette over in Britain.

Finally hit VR 60 tonight; glad that grind is over. Really sucks you can't buy battlemaster bags, but I guess it's meant to balance the power in PvP by limiting players to two chances a day. Guess I'll just play the alt while we wait on this new content Tuesday. Finally had a few clashes with Rebels this past week in Ilum and rolled them out each time. I'm pretty pleased with how the server handles massive PvP, as we've yet to crash it or have slideshow lag.

Funny how they're nerfing the hell out of cybertech grenades and biochem medpacks. As if doing either will stop everyone from still going biochem because the benefits from other crafts are non-existent. I'm just glad I finished my PvP grind before they stopped me from being able to use both without keeping either profession rofl.

Damn it seems like 1.1 according to the patch notes doesn't fix the heating issues. That sucks, but I guess I have to quit my sub till they fix it.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=164481

:wall:

I still like this game, but just wow.[/QUOTE]
You shouldn't be surprised. Even on the highest settings, Dragon Age 2 was full of these motherfuckers:
2ma1ch.jpg

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Damnit, Crotch continues to give me nightmares.

I also wanted to chime in and say lol @ the 1.1 patch. I'll be cancelling my subscription for a while until they fix shit and get a better idea on how to manage an MMO.

[quote name='Draekon']I also wanted to chime in and say lol @ the 1.1 patch. I'll be cancelling my subscription for a while until they fix shit and get a better idea on how to manage an MMO.[/QUOTE]

This.

Honestly, I've been defending Bioware like crazy, but this is a gigantic fuckup.

Man. I want to get in to this game one day, because there's a lot of lovely looking single-player-esque content that sings its honey song every night as I lie in bed weak, waiting, hiding.

But it has to survive long enough for me to make that jump, dammit.
[quote name='Draekon']Damnit, Crotch continues to give me nightmares.[/QUOTE]
Wait. Continues?

[quote name='The Crotch']Wait. Continues?[/QUOTE]

I lurk a lot on this site out of sheer boredom. I am not unaware of your bizarre shit you post from time to time. For example, tonight, I will probably dream about fucking bears in jump suits.

Though you were pretty tame over voice chat when playing Starcraft 2 with myself and HotShot (for the couple times I played with you guys).

[quote name='Draekon']I lurk a lot on this site out of sheer boredom. I am not unaware of your bizarre shit you post from time to time. For example, tonight, I will probably dream about fucking bears in jump suits.[/QUOTE]
Um.

I read that last sentence there differently from how you probably intended. I hope.

[quote name='Draekon'] Though you were pretty tame over voice chat when playing Starcraft 2 with myself and HotShot (for the couple times I played with you guys).[/QUOTE]
Thing I just realized: the first four letters of HotShot's name match up with the initials of the next Starcraft game (HotS, Heart of the Swarm).

C'est bizarre.

[quote name='The Crotch']Um.

I read that last sentence there differently from how you probably intended. I hope.[/QUOTE]

...I don't think I want to go there. Note to self, when not quoting Crotch, properly use his full username or bad innuendo can happen. Though those stares probably aren't any different than what I normally get when I say shit without thinking. ;)

[quote name='Draekon']I also wanted to chime in and say lol @ the 1.1 patch. I'll be cancelling my subscription for a while until they fix shit and get a better idea on how to manage an MMO.[/QUOTE]
They have no clue what they're doing. Ilum is a joke and they're physically handing people Battlemaster now (at least for Imps) which makes me feel like I wasted my time hardcore grinding WZ's to get it legit. Their response has also taught me what to expect from this shit company. By leaving valor gains the way they are, there is absolutely no reason to do WZ's ever again except for weekly/daily. Just look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgTaWNP2HJ0

They've done nothing and are allowing it to continue. Even if they did, the damage has been done. PvP is a joke and if not for my guild, I would have quit this week. I hope Bioware burns for this one, because I'm done with their company ever after.

Yeah, when they said their "Fix" for Ilum was to disable flight paths into the Battle of Ilum PvP section, I laughed hard. They also mentioned that they will be looking into severe abusers on a case by case basis. I've never seen such incompetence in a long, long time.

Just reinforced my thought on Bioware that they're far, far away from the company they once were. I wonder if they're feeling the weight of what it takes to manage an MMO yet. Their half assed fixed (which a majority of the time don't fix the actual issue) just don't cut it.

For example, they had fixed Voss' transportation. That very day a friend of mine took a transport and died when getting off after the patch was introduced. Then they fixed broken text on names and shit and sometimes when I go into PvP, my name Raimi, would be spelled Ravi or some shit out of nowhere. I just can't deal with all these stupid little issues on a day by day basis anymore and the 1.1 patch just showed me that they have a long way to go before I even consider going back.

I wonder if they managed to get back any cancelled accounts by doing that Founder title? Wish I could see the numbers.

I got that email for the founder crap, made me laugh. Titles are dumb. I like having names visible, but when someones name is "Epicfail Hunt For The Great Hunt Winner Of Games And Fun" or some other stupid shit like that thats a mile and a half long and takes up my entire screen, it just makes me roll my eyes.

[quote name='Draekon']Just reinforced my thought on Bioware that they're far, far away from the company they once were. I wonder if they're feeling the weight of what it takes to manage an MMO yet. Their half assed fixed (which a majority of the time don't fix the actual issue) just don't cut it.[/QUOTE]
Their fixes are band-aids at best. It's so funny because we like to exploit stuff as much as possible and we'll find bugs introduced thanks to a 'fix' all the time. They really are bad at this because usually the underlying issue is not fixed at all and they'll simply add a new mechanic to fix what was broken.

Like how Soa was targeting the same players for mindtrap, so they changed it to target everyone once. Only, now it hits the tank who has aggro and will despawn the boss since he can't get to the player. We've given up on progression in nightmare this week because the bugs are just too much to overcome. Oh, and he's not dropping loot on any difficulty so that was the other big reason why. I'd recommend not wasting your time either, if Soa is what you're working on currently.

I already canceled my game before the 1.1 patch because of how piss poor the game ran on my system and how it literally just ran at 100% of my processor a lot of the time (core i5 so there is no reason it should not max out my system), but this 1.1 patch is inexcusable.

I mean I been a WoW player off and on for almost 5 years now and while Blizzard doesn't get things right sometimes, they at least don't fuck it up this bad. This is just a train wreck.

What sucks is I don't want to play WoW anymore, but I kinda wanted to get into an MMO and Star Wars isn't doing it. Also the areas felt really bland to me. I mean Blizzard did a good job of making every world fun to be in with WoW, but these areas (Minus Nar Shadaa), kinda felt boring to me.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I already canceled my game before the 1.1 patch because of how piss poor the game ran on my system and how it literally just ran at 100% of my processor a lot of the time (core i5 so there is no reason it should not max out my system), but this 1.1 patch is inexcusable.

I mean I been a WoW player off and on for almost 5 years now and while Blizzard doesn't get things right sometimes, they at least don't fuck it up this bad. This is just a train wreck.

What sucks is I don't want to play WoW anymore, but I kinda wanted to get into an MMO and Star Wars isn't doing it. Also the areas felt really bland to me. I mean Blizzard did a good job of making every world fun to be in with WoW, but these areas (Minus Nar Shadaa), kinda felt boring to me.[/QUOTE]

Nar Shadaa looked cool, but it was so damn annoying to navigate with all the stupidly slow taxis.

[quote name='Draekon']Yeah, when they said their "Fix" for Ilum was to disable flight paths into the Battle of Ilum PvP section, I laughed hard.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just went there manually in my speeder. So dumb.

My least favorite planets were Taris, and Belsavis. Too much running around, especially on Taris. Nar Shadda I didn't mind that much, and I liked the atmosphere of it.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Wow, the sentiment on this game seems to have turned pretty quickly.[/QUOTE]

Blame Bioware being totally incompetent.

I still enjoy the game. It has the best storytelling out of any MMO. Some of the planets are somewhat boring and tedious, luckily if you do your leveling right you can basically do your class story and leave. I have 2 accounts, I think I am going to buy 2x 60-day cards and see how the game goes. I feel after that I may have done everything I could possible want do in the game, at least for awhile.

Swtor has a POS support system who just forwards your ticket to some bot who always never has anything helpful. I copied and pasted my ticket once that happened and clearly said DO NOT SEND THIS TO A PROTOCOL DRIOD, I WANT A REAL CS REP and what do I get? Another POS protocol driod response.

I pay $15 a month for this POS, I expect a REAL fucking person to answer my tickets. I know a few FTP MMO's that have better support ticket systems than bioware...

[quote name='Gannikus']Swtor has a POS support system who just forwards your ticket to some bot who always never has anything helpful. I copied and pasted my ticket once that happened and clearly said DO NOT SEND THIS TO A PROTOCOL DRIOD, I WANT A REAL CS REP and what do I get? Another POS protocol driod response.

I pay $15 a month for this POS, I expect a REAL fucking person to answer my tickets. I know a few FTP MMO's that have better support ticket systems than bioware...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when I called to cancel my sub (Since the unsub button disappeared the day before they charged you for the first month), the lady that I talked to could barely speak English and basically begged me to not cancel.

I hate to compare to Blizzard here, but their customer service is top notch. I don't know why Bioware thinks it can get away with anything less.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Yeah, when I called to cancel my sub (Since the unsub button disappeared the day before they charged you for the first month), the lady that I talked to could barely speak English and basically begged me to not cancel.

I hate to compare to Blizzard here, but their customer service is top notch. I don't know why Bioware thinks it can get away with anything less.[/QUOTE]

Probably not coming back for a couple months until they fix most of the problems, I'm tired of these half-***ed patch's
EA's stock already went down, I hope more and more people cancels their subscription :applause: so they would be forced to improve their customer service :applause:

[quote name='Gannikus'] I hope more and more people cancels their subscription[/QUOTE]

FWIW myself and four friends all canceled our subscriptions. Just another MMO in a long line of MMO's that didn't make it past the free first month for us.

Our server has finally wised up and stopped base-camping in Ilum, so world pvp has been popping way more. Lots of fun when it's an even fight or when we're outnumbered. We decided to progress in KP this week and we're now 9/10 nightmare, with only Soa left and no desire to waste our time until he's fully fixed. I figure I'll just ride this out until D3, unless they don't release in March or sometime soon. At least the new Final Fantasy should give us a break while they fix their shit.

Couple questions for y'all.

Let's say a collection of nanobots arranged in a humanoid form encased in a silicon-based compound resembling what you call "flesh" wanted to power through the "single-player" part of the game for each character type. Like, maybe team up with people if there's one of those hard bits just over that hill there, but other than that, just focus on the class storyline. No PvP, no "crew skills" or whatever the fuck they were called, none of that.

1: How long would it take to do all the characters?
2: Are all the class stories totally unique? Like, I know Empire Shooty Guy and Warrior Jedi will be different. But what about Warrior Jedi and Mage Jedi?
3: What about going dark-side Republic (especially Jedi) and light-side Empire (especially Sith)? Anything interesting going on on that front?

EDIT: The aforementioned nanbots would be trying to do all the sidequests as they came across them, but they wouldn't be too upset if there was some really grindy bullshit spread all over the fucking map and they missed the quest giver on their first pass through the town and they're not even planning on ever going back there.

One thing I've wondered is, how do dark Jedi people get experience, if the dark side option in conversations almost always seems to be to refuse to go on missions?

[quote name='lmz00']One thing I've wondered is, how do dark Jedi people get experience, if the dark side option in conversations almost always seems to be to refuse to go on missions?[/QUOTE]

The option at the bottom of the wheel isn't always dark side. This isn't Mass Effect.

And technically, only decisions that give you dark side points are "dark side".

[quote name='The Crotch']Couple questions for y'all.

Let's say a collection of nanobots arranged in a humanoid form encased in a silicon-based compound resembling what you call "flesh" wanted to power through the "single-player" part of the game for each character type. Like, maybe team up with people if there's one of those hard bits just over that hill there, but other than that, just focus on the class storyline. No PvP, no "crew skills" or whatever the fuck they were called, none of that.

1: How long would it take to do all the characters?
2: Are all the class stories totally unique? Like, I know Empire Shooty Guy and Warrior Jedi will be different. But what about Warrior Jedi and Mage Jedi?
3: What about going dark-side Republic (especially Jedi) and light-side Empire (especially Sith)? Anything interesting going on on that front?

EDIT: The aforementioned nanbots would be trying to do all the sidequests as they came across them, but they wouldn't be too upset if there was some really grindy bullshit spread all over the fucking map and they missed the quest giver on their first pass through the town and they're not even planning on ever going back there.[/QUOTE]

1. Probably about 5 days played per character, so approximately 40 days played. ~1000 hours
2. All 8 classes have their own storylines, including Jedi Consulars and Jedi Knights.
3. It changes your class story according to your choices, but not in a huge, huge way as far as I've seen (Hard for me to truly gauge since I didn't roll a duplicate class to see the other options.). It restricts your color crystal choices and some other equipment choices. Sometimes a light or dark choice will change the objectives of a quest, or the path of a Flashpoint (SWTOR's dungeons).

The game throws tons of options for questing on specific planets if you prefer one over another, so you can rush through your story on Taris to get to Nar Shaddaa since Taris sucks balls. Also space battles, PVP, and Flashpoints are options for experience as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lmz00']One thing I've wondered is, how do dark Jedi/Sith people get experience, if the dark side option in conversations almost always seems to be to refuse to go on missions?[/QUOTE]
That comes up in a lot of RPGs, actually. Usually they'll throw in some "evil only" thing like the Genoharradan sidequests in the first KotOR, but it's just not the same.

Morrigan Disapproves -10
Isabella: +10 Rivalry

Dear Nonobots (yes I spelled it that way on purpose),
You will need to do quests outside of the class quests, otherwise you won't be able to do the higher level quests.

Yeah, doing strictly story quests will severely gimp your leveling. You're going to have to to side quests, or if you only want to do the story quests, you'll have to do some PVP to get XP from somewhere.

The nanobots - being new to the MMORPG genre - are confused by the meaning of "sidequest" in this case.

Do you mean the little "bring back ten droid hearts" quests that you pick up along the way as you're doing your main quest? Or are these things you have to go out of your way to find?

If it's the former, then no problem.

Yes, sidequests are all quests you come across while doing the main storyline for the most part (there are some that are out of the way though).

im just got this game and im playing now but i dont know which servers are the best. im not new to mmos(i played wow and dc universe) but if u wanna party up with me and help me and do quests and stuff pm me

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back